• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Busaiku

Oh man, how time flies! remember when there were rumors about the secret Wii game (Man Icarus by Factor 5):

pitofpersia050908.jpg

lol

So glad this doesn't exist.

Pyrokai

Okay, so an updated list on where to obtain the cards. If you know any others, feel free to share!

1 card via Game Informer magazine
3 cards via Club Nintendo
1 cards via @Gamer magazine (April issue)
3 cards from Nintendo Power magazine (April issue)
5 cards from select GameStop locations' Kid Icarus event April 14th 1-4pm
6 cards included with the game

Got some of my info here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/340045/kid-icarus-uprisings-ar-cards-heres-how-you-get-them/

Busaiku

I really hope the Game Informer and Nintendo Power cards aren't subscriber exclusives.
SteeloDMZ said:
Maybe Nintendo is trying to pull off a "Skylanders" with this games and its AR cards.
If Nintendo wants that Skylanders money, they need to let us buy it first.

Croc

Banned
Just got the card from my GI issue. Pretty cool, kinda surprised me how small it was.

I haven't looked at the AR cards that came with the system in a long time though so I don't know if they're actually any smaller than those.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm reading the Iwata Asks on this game. The way Sakurai talks about his game design process (disassembly and reassembly) makes me think of legos for some reason.

Also he seems to suck at Street Fighter IV :p.

KarmaCow

Wait, is the 3D classic a pre-order bonus in the US? I thought it was Europe only. Or maybe that was the free promotion...

It was a bonus for register 3(?) 3DS on club nintendo in Europe.

It's a pre-order bonus for pre-ordering in Bestbuy, Amazon and Gamestop in the US.

Canada doesn't seem to get any sort of deal for Kid Icarus AFAIK. :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just read up on the multiplayer system. I really really hope that its both balanced and populated, because the whole "stronger weapons cost more life when you die" sounds like a really interesting system.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know much about this game but I just pre-ordered it anyway. My 3DS is collecting dust and I wanted a game to play on my flight to Hawaii.

Neiteio

I always thought this guy looked cool and now I know his name: Belunka. From what I can tell he acts like a troop carrier, belching up baddies:

3a1sE.jpg

Getting mad Windfish vibes.

<3 Link's Awakening.
Just realized Belunka has big ol' gold Captain Falcon titties.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Its existence is. Who the hell knows what Sakurai's changed about the game?
It would have been a nice surprise for people who assumed that she only had that one form shown in all the media.

Yeah but pretty much EVERYTHING from the nes game is in the ds game.
THEY EVEN SHOW SPRITES OF THEM WHILE BREAKING THE 4TH WALL

I mean damn, hot springs are from the nes game too ya know :p

Jarsonot

I was thinking I may play through it with each weapon, using only that weapon. Wonder which weapon would be considered hardest to pull that off with, and wonder if there any any trophies for such things?

Hype level is high. From what I've read & seen so far I'm already feeling that I won't be disappointed with this game at all. Looks like tons of replayability in single-player, and then there's multiplayer, and the weapon creation & fusing...

Glad this is almost here, will maybe help the jonesing for the Wii U a little. =)

KarmaCow

A boss, especially the final boss, having multiple forms is the least unexpected thing about this game.

And yes,
I know she's not the 'final' boss.

Neiteio

It'll be interesting to see the reviews. I'm guessing 8.5-ish from IGN. Maybe 9. Depends on how much Rich warms up to the hand cramps. ;)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was thinking I may play through it with each weapon, using only that weapon. Wonder which weapon would be considered hardest to pull that off with, and wonder if there any any trophies for such things?

Hype level is high. From what I've read & seen so far I'm already feeling that I won't be disappointed with this game at all. Looks like tons of replayability in single-player, and then there's multiplayer, and the weapon creation & fusing...

Glad this is almost here, will maybe help the jonesing for the Wii U a little. =)

Probably the pimpcane

Top Bottom