• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

KarmaCow

Has anyone in Canada who opted in for the 3 free AR cards received a shipment confirmation email from Club Nintendo yet? I got the order confirmation but the shipment email hasn't come in yet.

zroid

Banned
Kid Icarus: Uprising: Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 1:

HNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Want to use power of caging on Palutena

Has anyone in Canada who opted in for the 3 free AR cards received a shipment confirmation email from Club Nintendo yet? I got the order confirmation but the shipment email hasn't come in yet.

nope still 'preparing order'

Palutena's Revolting Dinner is definitely the best of the shorts.

Why does Pit say Palutena so western-like? Does he think he's a cowboy? Lady Paluteyna.

Neiteio

Then what happens to humans in KI when they die, huh?
Angels are spirits, brah. They just are. Dead people result in souls. Souls aren't spirits. Souls go to the underworld in Greek mythology.

Actually, in Kid Icarus Uprising, there's a part where
Hades
is killing hordes of humans to collect their souls for the underworld and increase
his
power.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I thought angels were dead people though?
Angels, by definition, are a seperate form of being from humans. This concept became muddled in modern America, where angels have been mixed up with the souls of humans, but "angels" have always referred to a different group of beings.

Angels, by definition, are a seperate form of being from humans. This concept became muddled in modern America, where angels have been mixed up with the souls of humans, but "angels" have always referred to a different group of beings.

Oh yeah, didn't angels come first then humans and angels resent us because God totally digs us more?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I find it kind of lame we dont get 3d classics kid icarus when we pre order and have to wait for the game to be out. :( Isn't that a little against the point of being able to play the predecessor

Busaiku

Well, a bunch of the stuff on Nintendo Video airs on 3Net.
Pretty much everything else are Red Bull commercials and College Humor videos, so they might be available on those sites.

A couple of those little cartoons though, I guess those are gone.

Did you not notice the curious designs on Palutena's oppai when she was hanging upside down?

I did. O_O

I find it kind of lame we dont get 3d classics kid icarus when we pre order and have to wait for the game to be out. :( Isn't that a little against the point of being able to play the predecessor

Yeah, if you order from Amazon, you don't get it until 2 days after they ship the game to you. So, that would be like, Saturday I think. They should send it as soon as they charge my CC.

Jarsonot

So I know there's no community feature for online play, but does anyone know if you can join a friend's game in progress?

Or at least join the party, spectating until the next round starts?

BowieZ

Banned
This may have been talked about before -- and it may be a tad premature -- but where do you guys see Kid Icarus going next? Another stint on 3DS in a few years? Wii U? and how would the Utab handle controls?

(I guess we'll have to play and finish the game to get any sense of what stories could be told in the future. No spoilers please! :p)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This may have been talked about before -- and it may be a tad premature -- but where do you guys see Kid Icarus going next? Another stint on 3DS in a few years? Wii U? and how would the Utab handle controls?

(I guess we'll have to play and finish the game to get any sense of what stories could be told in the future. No spoilers please! :p)
It's gonna do sub-50k first week in Japan and sub-150k in the USA. Europe will buy the game en masse but their numbers will not make up for the bomba.

Next year: Famicom Detective Club revival helmed by Itoi.

Solune

We're not
not
creepy.
image.php

Man, that's what I thought, but then I gave in to peer pressure.

Nintendo's audience really is SHAFT's audience.
Oh GAF...

At least we got the delicious headtilt.

I have this weird desire to watch Palutena brush her teeth now....

So I know there's no community feature for online play, but does anyone know if you can join a friend's game in progress?

You can join friend's games from the friends list like you can in Mario Kart 7.

@MUWANdo

Banned

You can definitely use the Join Game feature from the friends list, no idea how it actually works though.

Neiteio

I can't wait to start unlocking idols. I was a sick, sick, sick trophy addict in Melee and Brawl. And Wind Waker. And RE5. And Pokedex 3D.

I really want to unlock the trophy for
Medusa's monster form

To people with the game...is controlling Pit with the face buttons in the Sin & Punishment-esque control scheme bearable?

EDIT: WHOA. ^^^

Top Bottom