• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

hatchx

Banned
Drove around today seeing if anyone would sell it early: nope. =( Wish we had mom & pop stores around here.

/firstworldproblems

Just went to my usual mom and pop store to pick it up, they said they aren't receiving their shipment until friday. Bummer.

KevinCow

Banned
Still wondering if Magnus only appears once or if he appears throughout the game. A simple "Yes, he plays a larger role than just Chapter 2" would suffice.

Anyone?

Why do you have to know everything about this game before it even comes out? Show some patience.

Picked up my US copy today. I'm excited to dive in.

IMG_20120320_172916.jpg

Neiteio

Has this been posted yet? Siliconera's take.

Also, I just realized the one thing missing from this game: CO-OP.

Imagine if Uprising had a mode like Raid in Resident Evil Revelations. Teaming up with other players to clear out special levels together, picking up loot along the way and showcasing your gear, fighting enemies and bosses.

Damn. Would've been perfect. Something for Kid Icarus on WiiU!

Whoop! My copy just shipped from Amazon JP. Hopefully here tomorrow, probably Friday. Cannot wait for this game!

(Also, from trailers, at least, the Japanese dialogue is just as punchy/self-aware as the English version)

Soul Beat

The anime shorts have been pretty awesome.

But they've been kinda making the wait unbearable for me. Friday can't come soon enough.

Neiteio

When we scan the cards, does that also add the corresponding idol/info to the figure gallery? Because we can unlock a shitload of stuff just scanning them off our computers then.

Neiteio

It's cause I played Pit in Brawl.
Seriously, though. This is madness. A new Kid Icarus. Killer production values. Merchandise. 3D anime. Augmented reality. Included stand. Included cards. Advertising on ESPN and every channel under the sun. Multiplayer tournaments.

What. The. Fuck.

StarTropics next, kthxbie.

EDIT: Oh, add to the list of crazy that Sakurai made this.

*head explodes*

Cmagus

Didn't see this posted but you can get a soundtrack if your JP through club Nintendo

"Nintendo is holding one of its regular Club Nintendo promotions for Kid Icarus Uprising. A soundtrack for the game will be available for exchange at Club Nintendo. While the soundtrack normally goes for 400 points, those who buy Kid Icarus Uprising and register at the site will see the price discounted to 250 points. According to Project Sora head Masahiro Sakurai at Twitter, the Kid Icarus Uprising Music Selection soundtrack has 25 songs, totaling over 60 minutes. The audio quality is higher than that of the game, noted Sakurai."

23ttx.jpg

http://andriasang.com/con0ar/

@MUWANdo

Banned
People will say "Never came out in Japan, homie," but didn't only the original Kid Icarus come out there, and Of Myth and Monsters never made it to Japan? Or am I smokin' dat dope again?

I think that's true, yeah.

Even so, Kid Icarus actually did okay internationally, whereas I don't think Startropics did. It was also a rare software title from a somewhat obscure division of the company that deals primarily with hardware, and spearheaded by a guy called Genyo Takeda who hasn't directly been involved in development since the NES days, and hasn't even produced anything since the N64 days.

tl;dr - I don't think anyone's gonna go in to bat for a new Startropics.

When we scan the cards, does that also add the corresponding idol/info to the figure gallery? Because we can unlock a shitload of stuff just scanning them off our computers then.
Yes, it does, and you get 100 hearts per card.

I expect scans of these to be all over the place in a few weeks.

Neiteio

It's fun to think what might be possible if Sakurai makes some other obscure, forgotten characters into playable fighters in the next Smash Bros.

Bullza2o

Not to be a downer, but does anyone think that, at least in the US, "hardcore" gamers (who likes COD and other "M" games) will simply dismiss this game because of the title having "Kid" in it? If that's not the reason then it might be due to being quite an unknown franchise to most people. A lot of my friends are Nintendo fans, but they won't get KI because they only like Mario or Zelda. Right now only one of them is getting it on Friday :(

Azure J

I think that's true, yeah.

Even so, Kid Icarus actually did okay internationally, whereas I don't think Startropics did. It was also a rare software title from a somewhat obscure division of the company that deals primarily with hardware, and spearheaded by a guy called Genyo Takeda who hasn't directly been involved in development since the NES days, and hasn't even produced anything since the N64 days.

tl;dr - I don't think anyone's gonna go in to bat for a new Startropics.

Actually the first ST was pretty popular from what I can recall. It was the "weird" sequel that came as like the last or second to last released NES title while SNES was going strong (1994) and its low sales that I hear put that series down before it really got anywhere.

[/tangent of totally useless info :p]

Neiteio

This wait... Excruciatingly painful... FoxHimself, somebody, anybody... Need water... And by water... I mean funny insight into game's dialogue, or a cool bit of action, or something... Friday... So far awayyy...

Anteo

This wait... Excruciatingly painful... FoxHimself,somebody, anybody... Need water... And by water... I mean funny insight into game's dialogue, or a cool bit of action, or something... Friday... So far awayyy...

Somebody!!.. Anybody!!.. I'll be at your service.. Forever!!

Top Bottom