• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

By the way, the people who asked whether the music from the E3 2010 announcement trailer is in the game: It's right in the title intro. I don't know how FoxHimself missed it when we asked earlier. The whole song literally plays upon booting up the game, set to awesome footage of epic boss battles and even Pit in his gladiator armor. It's the same orchestral version of the main theme seen in the first trailer, complete with guitar solo and everything. <3

Hah! What an oversight!

This wait... Excruciatingly painful... FoxHimself, somebody, anybody... Need water... And by water... I mean funny insight into game's dialogue, or a cool bit of action, or something... Friday... So far awayyy...

Here, if you can read norwegian you can read my review :lol : http://www.pressfire.no/anmeldelser/3DS/4872/kid-icarus-uprising

I've played up through Chapter 5, and wow, this game is awesome.

It's just pure, unadulterated fun, from top to bottom.

Replaying chapters at higher intensities really mixes things up, and the difficulty spikes are no joke at all.

So good.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've played up through Chapter 5, and wow, this game is awesome.

It's just pure, unadulterated fun, from top to bottom.

Replaying chapters at higher intensities really mixes things up, and the difficulty spikes are no joke at all.

So good.

What do you think of the ground controls now that you're that far in?

Busaiku

Darn it, 2 random crap videos replaced the other two parts of Thanatos Rising.
That means Medusa's Revenge will be replaced by the 2nd part of Palutena's Revolting Dinner...

WHY NINTENDO

Netto-kun

Does that... does that translate to "kill American pig-dogs?"

*squints suspiciously*
"Now I'm sick like the game, your shit :)"

Ok, not really. :p "Now I really want the/this game, you bastard. :)"

Oh well, I'll probably pick up the game on Friday...whenever I am done with finding sources in the library.

how am i supposed to know whether you suck and are an anti-nintendo biased pos if you don't post a score? :mad:
The score:
5.gif

Out of six.

Why do people pronounce Palutena's name with that weird accent? Is it supposed to be pronounced that way?

Kid Icarus Uprising is secretly set in the old west. >_> I think it should be pronounced like they do in the Japanese version. Saying PalutEYna is almost as bad as people saying Pokeymon. Pa-lu-teh-na.

Acid08

Banned
Fully preordered on Amazon! Pretty cool you get the 3d classic with it. Will be my second, maybe 3rd if Zelda gets the better of me >_>, 3DS game.

how am i supposed to know whether you suck and are an anti-nintendo biased pos if you don't post a score? :mad:

You could always use google translate :p!
Sounds promising Fox-himself!
Do you happen to know if there are any bonuses for Norwegian first buyers? I wish that we got a Kid Icarus 3d classic code like other Europeans (or at least some AR cards).

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Just a quick post to say I'm one hour in and everything so far is AMAZING. Graphics, 3D, sound and controls (you read it well) are all good. I was also pleased to see you can use the stand with a Nyko battery attached to the 3DS.

This game is special, no doubt about it.

marc^o^

A non-issue at this point. It's not easy to fine-tune the camera movements (i.e., make small adjustments), but the system works.

I haven't tried any other control style than the defaults.

Same with me. Maybe it gets harder as the difficulty ramps up, but so far so good.

I'm gonna be able to walk into a store and buy this on Friday, right? This isn't some bullshit "shipping date, on selves two days later" setup?

marc^o^

Have I mentioned "pinpoint accuracy"? Seriously between this and the depth of field, the shooting mechanics are amazing in this game.

hatchx

Banned
Picked it up. Beat first two chapters. Quick impression:

- There are a lot of special options. One's I didn't even read about. I havn't even had time to explore all of them

- I can confirm control with the analog stick and aiming with the face buttons. The gameplay is so frenetic, you almost need the stylus/analog. I tried some analog aiming with face button movement and it worked ok, and is a good solution for low level or train rides.

- Stylus controls on the ground were really wank at first. I didn't know what was going on. By the end of the second level I was getting used to it and at moments I was really like 'yeah!'. I cranked the sensitivity all the way up (and all the sound too). The levels are designed in way where you don't need to move the camera like crazy, most of the action happens right in front of you. Not sure how that will work with bosses.

EDIT - awesomeness.

Any question I'd be happy answer.

Neiteio

I have mentioned "pinpoint accuracy"? Seriously between this and the depth of field, the shooting mechanics are amazing in this game.
Ooo, didn't think of that. Shooting will be awesome in 3D. Actually, now that I think of it, in an interview with Sakurai way back when this game was first unveiled, I recall he said he deliberately made the shots kind of "arc" in their trajectory, since it would be accentuated by the 3D effect. Does that appear to be the case? :)

Kai Dracon

I'm reassured to hear positive impressions on the controls being something that work after one learns them.

I'm optimistic, though I have a bad feeling a whole lot of people who play this are going to throw it at the wall after five minutes and say it's terrible, aka, the Destructoid review. (Jim Sterling, I know, but in this case I think it represents how a lot of average gamers will react to it.)

Kai Dracon

Picked it up. Beat first two chapters. Quick impression:

- There are a lot of special options. One's I didn't even read about. I havn't even had time to explore all of them

- I can confirm control with the analog stick and aiming with the face buttons. The gameplay is so frenetic, you almost need the stylus/analog. I tried some analog aiming with face button movement and it worked ok, and is a good solution for low level or train rides.

- Stylus controls on the ground were really wank at first. I didn't know what was going on. By the end of the second level I was getting used to it and at moments I was really like 'yeah!'. I cranked the sensitivity all the way up (and all the sound too). The levels are designed in way where you don't need to move the camera like crazy, most of the action happens right in front of you. Not sure how that will work with bosses.

EDIT - awesomeness.

Any question I'd be happy answer.

One thing I'm not clear on from watching it being played... does your orientation only turn when you flick the stylus, or do you begin to slowly turn anyway when you reach the edges of the screen?

NeoRausch

huzzaahh! my game and the additional card pack were send out by amazon this morning, the package should arrive tommorow. (germany)

one good news today while gaf was down! gonna play KI tommorow!...LEFT HANDED (<----hardcore!)

"Wait a minute! Your math is a little off there. You better break out Brain Training"
"My brain age is 24!"
don't tell me that's an ingame joke! if so...AWESOME! :D

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Dammit, I'm finding a way to get this with a Circle Pad Pro (Left handed) on Friday! I'll probably go pre-order today to get the free KI Classic E-Shop download. That Metroid quote from FoxHimself is simply brilliant, the Nintendo Videos are awesome, love the commercial, Out-of-this-world music, and *swoon* Sakurai.

Bravo Nintendo, you have won my wallet over again.

Neiteio

huzzaahh! my game and the additional card pack were send out by amazon this morning, the package should arrive tommorow. (germany)

one good news today while gaf was down! gonna play KI tommorow!...LEFT HANDED (<----hardcore!)
Oh man, if you beat KIU left-handed I bet you'll have like superpowers or some shit got damn.

Dammit, I'm finding a way to get this with a Circle Pad Pro (Left handed) on Friday! I'll probably go pre-order today to get the free KI Classic E-Shop download. That Metroid quote from FoxHimself is simply brilliant, the Nintendo Videos are awesome, love the commercial, Out-of-this-world music, and *swoon* Sakurai.

Bravo Nintendo, you have won my wallet over again.

Yeah. Unless I somehow luck into finding a CPP at a local Gamestop (doubtful) I'm going to be faced with either waiting to have it shipped from store.nintendo.com or playing KI initially with a difference control setup THEN having to learn different controls when the CPP arrives. Kind of a shit situation to be in, honestly.

Top Bottom