• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait, did Nintendo just drop the MSRP or something or is Amazon just trying to match Best Buy?

Meh, its ten dollars, I'm not too broken up about that.

hatchx

Banned
Why do you guys think the price has already dropped?

It only came out today? I hope this doesn't reflect over shipment or poor initial sales.

KarmaCow

Just finished the 2nd stage and I really don't like the ground controls. I've tried changing the sensitivity but it still feels awkward to spin around and aim. It's a shame because the flying sections are great.

And yea my hand starts to cramp up after playing this for too long, but that happens with most 3DS games.

Why do you guys think the price has already dropped?

It only came out today? I hope this doesn't reflect over shipment or poor initial sales.

I don't think the price has officially dropped, it's just that Best Buy decided to price aggresively on a hot title, and Amazon as always price matches Best Buy. They've done the same with many 3DS titles in the past (launch games, Zelda OoT), except they didn't outright drop the price in the past but offered free gift cards instead.

I wouldn't call it a price drop, but aggresive pricing from Best Buy on a game that is expected to sell like hot cakes, to draw buyers to them.

I don't think the price has officially dropped, it's just that Best Buy decided to price aggresively on a hot title, and Amazon as always price matches Best Buy. They've done the same with many 3DS titles in the past (launch games, Zelda OoT), except they didn't outright drop the price in the past but offered free gift cards instead.

I wouldn't call it a price drop, but price wars on a highly anticipated title.
Personally, I don't think it reflects poorly on KI:U, I think it reflects positively for what's in store for consumers in the future!

Maybe Sakurai should have just made a Wii game. Maybe Palutena could grant Pit permanent power of flight at the end of this game! :D I don't love the controls, but I love the game. I just fought Pandora and Dark Pit and thought both those stages were really well done. I was really reminded of Rez in Pandora's level.

I also scanned all the AR cards I have and all the pictures posted here. You get 100 hearts for scanning each one. Who said they were useless?

Oh and BTW, you can't look up Palutena or Medusa's dress in idol mode.

Anth0ny

I don't believe I'm saying this, but I am loving this stand. The 3DS is too small for my hands and it gets uncomfortable holding that thing for more than 30 minutes. Not so with the stand. I just finished Revelaitons, and I'm about to jump into Kid Icarus =)

zroid

Banned
I don't believe I'm saying this, but I am loving this stand. The 3DS is too small for my hands and it gets uncomfortable holding that thing for more than 30 minutes. Not so with the stand. I just finished Revelaitons, and I'm about to jump into Kid Icarus =)

yeah stand is good stuffs

This is the first game in a while to really get its hooks into me. I played for like four hours straight, and I rarely do that anymore. At this point, I think the controls are perfect except for the part where they destroy your left hand unless you use the stand. I haven't even touched any of the options. There's obviously a learning curve because the controls are so unusual, but I think the steepness of that curve has been wildly overstated.

Veal

Just a heads up for all of you who use a Circle Pad Pro, but are right handed.
You can set Attack to the LZ button by switching Attack to the R button in options. So if your L button is dead like mine, then you can still attack.

I just found this out a minute ago! I feel like I've stumbled onto a great control scheme for this game:

Use CPP for firing.
Remap "Align Camera" to Up on the D-pad
Crank the X and Y axis' to max but decrease the stylus flick to "Stop Quickly".

With this, I really feel like I'm in more control and the camera isn't as finicky too! This game feels like Nintendo's own Halo or something. It's pretty remarkable.

Game is really cool! The aerial sections are great, reminds me of Panzer Dragoon Orta or Sin and Punishment.

The ground fight sections are a little repetitive but it's still pretty good.

The auto aiming isn't as smooth as I would like it to be. Worried about my L button breaking on me, LOL!

OmegaZero

Is there a Intensity Gate in Chapter 2? Because I swear I saw a level 5 one after you go up a squarish elevator, but I can't find it now...

Kyou

Personally, I don't think it reflects poorly on KI:U, I think it reflects positively for what's in store for consumers in the future!

Games are basically never ever full price anymore unless you walk into a gamestop and buy it on launch day.

But then why would you do that

Busaiku

Is there a Intensity Gate in Chapter 2? Because I swear I saw a level 5 one after you go up a squarish elevator, but I can't find it now...

I think there might be one there or in Chapter 3.
Through the 5 Chapters, I can only remember the Chapter 1 gate clearly, but there might have been another (not completely sure).

Kyou

I think there might be one there or in Chapter 3.
Through the 5 Chapters, I can only remember the Chapter 1 gate clearly, but there might have been another (not completely sure).

I found 2 in chapter 3. A 4 and a 7. The 4 was kind of off to the side when you first enter town and the 7 was right as you were leaving it.

I'm loving this game. The voice acting is so cheesy it's wonderful. I want Magnus to bend me over and bang me so bad...so hawt~~

<3 Palutena's sarcasm :D

Korosenai

I love this game. 30 wins, 10 losses so far going in with randoms. I just went 9-1. Feels good man.

What's everyones best weapon so far?

I've gotten a 5 range, 3 melee wolf claws. 269 value.

Just wanted to say that this game makes a VERY strong first impression. Like, you turn it on, you jump in and play, and WHIZ! BAM! Super cool graphics, tons of dialogue, endless action. Sakurai never fails in the presentation department. I can't think of a game quite like this that I've ever played. Reminds me a little bit of Star Fox 64, but not quite.
Sin and Punishment 2 is still in the wrapper. :(

So I'm loving how the game is a grind fest. like you have major incentive to revisit stages and increase the intensity bit by bit to get better weapons and loot. I played Stage 1 so many times because it was just fun, and getting new items was really just icing on a really good looking cake.

I think I'm a fan of the Orbitars and the Blades. But its cool how every weapon has a unique feel to them. I found this one set of Orbitars that make me move faster and stuff. Really cool.

rj118

I love this game. 30 wins, 10 losses so far going in with randoms. I just went 9-1. Feels good man.

What's everyones best weapon so far?

I've gotten a 5 range, 3 melee wolf claws. 269 value.

My best weapon is one I acquired while playing online: 4 Range 2 Melee Sonic Cannon with Melee Defense +3, Knockback defense +3, Running speed +4, Heart Bonus +2. Value is 302!

Hale-XF11

I'm pretty hooked. Won two Light vs. Dark matches in a row. Got some sweet weapons. My favorite so far being the Eyetrack Orbitars. Just having lots of fun with everything. Still getting used to ground controls though.

Also, holy crap, this game loads fast. You're into the main menu and playing very quickly, which is very much appreciated. So much smoothness to the menu system in general. Big thumbs up there.

RagnarokX

CBeIR.jpg

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy gotten their e-mail code for 3D classics yet? I don't see anything printed on my receipt (maybe that was just Gamestop customers?) and the kid who rang me up seemed a bit slow.

EDIT: I see this has been discussed several times. I can't find a single instance anywhere on the net where someone says they got their code yet. Must not have gone out yet.

Busaiku

Palms are tops, but I wouldn't mind using that Paw Pad Orbitars if I got it.
Now if only I could get a good Great Reaper Palm.

hatchx

Banned
People complaining about hands cramps with 3DS

Guys! Please check
THIS
out. My hand used to cramp up a lot with the 3DS and this has helped. It has helped a lot with KIU especially (and it has a built-in third leg for a stand). The 3DS is not made for big hands.

People having issues with the AR cards

I had this issue. Make sure the auto white-balance of the 3DS is set properly. If the cards appear and orange/yellow tinge, it means the setting is off. I fixed this issue by aiming my 3DS as a wide shot of my environment before focusing on the cards. If you are immediately focused on the cards on the table, it becomes an issue. The cards should have a proper white outline, and they should work almost instantly.

Top Bottom