• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

olimpia84

I play on difficulty 5 and so far I found it to be pretty challenging. I barely beat the second and third levels but then again I'm still struggling a bit with the ground controls.

PK Gaming

I know someone who's donated 15 000 and nothing has happened so far. I think its a gimmick feature.

My Palutena is bigger than yours

OmegaZero

I love this game.
Haven't experienced any control issues or hand cramps, and the CPP is a godsend since my L button stopped working during chapter 6.

Hades
is amazing, and Chapter
was just crazy.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Does anyone know how high the weapon ratings go? After my first together match I lucked out and got a 260 rated Halo Club and have been using that and dominating matches since. Just wondering if I can expect the ratings I see to go up even more as more people play or if it caps at (I'm assuming) 300.

There's a Predator Cannon on my game with a rating at 319.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Early on, going back to clear some of the first few chapters on tougher intensities. Skyscraper Club I have is pretty neat. Knockback defense +1, Petrification +2, Shot homing +2, Backward-dash charge shot +3.

Just checked my mail, and my Club Nintendo cards arrived! What a nice surprise. It's hard to believe, that as a grown man, I'm collecting trading cards again.

KevinCow

Banned
What the hell.

On Chapter 13:
I am shocked an appalled that they didn't use the line, "That's no moon," anywhere. It's clearly a Death Star and they even begin the chapter by confusing it with a moon!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
@Palutena's Revolting Dinner Part 2

Wow, NoA.
You actually left it uncensored? There will be a lot more Google searches for Palutena today!

BD1

Banned
I really love Light vs Dark mode in multiplayer. The combination of Team Death Match/Capture the Angel is really fun.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Now that I think about it, this is the first time that a Nintendo-made I.P. Has had such high quality voice acting. I know Xenonlade and The Last Story are strong in this department as well, so that's a good sign of things to come.

On the last page I kept reading something about this game having no dual analog option.
I thought this game supported the CPP?

Also tried Online for the first time.
HOLY CRAP IT'S AWESOME!
No lags, always fluid gameplay, but 3D is a bit annoying here, especially if you lose focus. Also it's pretty chaotic at times.
Came out 2nd, 1st and 3rd (in that order) in a free-for-all match.
Pretty awesome.

2105-8811-3627 << add me and drop me a PM with your friend code, guys.

I'm at Chapter 7 now, which I failed at intensity 6.5.
Finished Chapter 1 on intensity 9, though (yeah!).

I love the SSBB-style approach for in-game achievements. Every game should do it like this.
Actually getting REWARDED for achieving great things = feelsgoodman.jpg

EDIT:
Chapter 6 TOTALLY reminded me of Starfox on the SNES. Also the music in that Chapter was FANTASTIC! This game keeps getting better and better. And better. And better. And be-okay I stop.

Wow, NoA.
You actually left it uncensored? There will be a lot more Google searches for Palutena today!

Yeah, I stared at it. It's just so.. abnormal to see something like that. It's like Waluigi crotch chopping in Strikers. You look at it, think its normal, then you look back like, "What what?"

PK Gaming

Wow, NoA.

They know that if they censored it, they'd have to deal with the likes of me.

tumblr_m19v15Esjy1qkq34zo1_250.png

and nobody wants that.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Anybody still having problems with the controls (default set-up), I really recommend pushing the sensitivity up all the way for reticle movement. It makes playing a breeze, even for a lefty like me. I'm starting to think it might even be better then a dual analog set-up.

Also, there is an align camera button that is currently mapped to R. Considering you have your stylus in your right hand, there is no way you can even think about touching it during gameplay. I now have it mapped to up on the D-pad and it has really made it easier to do quick turns without needing to spin the game like a globe. I recommend taking advantage of that feature in the later maps on higher intensity.

hatchx

Banned
I really love this game. The only thing I don't love (and this is true for me with every 3ds game) is that the effing left-bottom corner of the 3ds absolutely stabs the middle of my palm when I hold it. It's like it's the perfect shape to murder my palm. Considering getting one of those cheezy 'grip' things. Anyone have a recommendation?

Yeah

Ragus

Banned
Claws are the best weapon.

That's all I want to say. Those melee combos are sexy.

Edit: Hmm, I think that I don't really understand one thing. I have two sets of Claws:

1:

2:

As you can see, the first set has 4 stars of Ranged, and the second one has no stars in Ranged. So, why does the first set of claws have worse range (20m) than the second one (23.8m)?

So dual analog isn't supported right? Kinda sucks if you ask me. Still I like the game. It's fun, it's hilarious and now I want a new in-house StarFox. Please give it too me!

Edit.: Oh great. Not supported. Sigh. Should read the thread.

Anteo

On the last page I kept reading something about this game having no dual analog option.
I thought this game supported the CPP?

Well IT DOES SUPPORT IT, just not for dual analog :trollface
Heck you can even aim with the Analog an move with the face buttons, but nooo, they could not bother to extend this to the CPP!!!

Teknoman

Edit: Hmm, I think that I don't really understand one thing. I have two sets of Claws:

1:

2:

As you can see, the first set has 4 stars of Ranged, and the second one has no stars in Ranged. So, why does the first set of claws have worse range (20m) than the second one (23.8m)?

I think thats how far you are standing/the last postion you attacked from.

KevinCow

Banned

Range is determined by the weapon. I guess Tiger Claws just have better range than Wolf Claws. Unless there's a Range +1 modifier stat somewhere, that's just how it'll always be.

The Ranged and Melee stars are just how powerful the weapon is.

Ragus

Banned
I know, but I've just held the L trigger for the whole time and kept goin backwards until the shots stopped hitting the target.

I see. Thanks KevinCow. So, no stars next to the weapon=it's useless?

Busaiku

1:

2:

Please.
Palms all the way.

Also, aren't the stars just in reference to damage, rather than distance?
I dunno what exactly is up with the weapons though.

hatchx

Banned
How do you guys all have such high-level weapons? I'm on Chapter 12 and I'm dealing with low 200s.

Also, the Club....I don't know how anyone deals with this. It makes bosses extremely difficult. Every projected shot has to be charged and it's so slow.

Busaiku

How do you guys all have such high-level weapons? I'm on Chapter 12 and I'm dealing with low 200s.

Also, the Club....I don't know how anyone deals with this. It makes bosses extremely difficult. Every projected shot has to be charged and it's so slow.

What Intensity are you playing on?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
You know? I thought the waiting for the game would have been easy ( my copy will arrive on Tuesday)...but hearing such a massive positive reception has made the wait unbearable. It hasn't happen in a while. Fortunately, it's only 3 days away...or should I say "Damn, it's still 3 days away!"? :p

Dammit you guys, I was hyped for this game at first, but had my mind more or less made up to not get it due to all the buzz over crap controls. After all the gushing and estatic comments from everyone in this thread though, I'm not so sure anymore...

How's the game's length since I'm entertaining the idea now?

Busaiku

I've been getting 230 - 250 value stuff on 7.0.
Though most of the best stuff is through fusions.

ZombiePlatypusE said:
How's the game's length since I'm entertaining the idea now?
Reviewers have been saying 12 hours for just a single run through of single player.
However, I assume they're doing like 5.0 or lower.

This probably doesn't include the doors locked at different Intesities either.

1:

2:

I really dig the training room. It's something I liked about MGS4 and Psi-ops too. Every game needs a room like that to just mess around in.

Tuck

Gah I suck at this game.

Can't even do 4.0 Keep getting kicked down to 3.0. I am *slowly* getting better. Using the dash more, taking things more slowly, but still.

The 3D is also tough on my eyes. So much going on on screen. Have to take breaks much more often than with Kart or 3D Land.

I really hope I get used to the controls soon because there seems to be an awesome game buried in here somewhere.

The closest thing to these controls I've played has to be Lost Planet where you rotate your view 90 degrees with the shoulder bumpers while still aiming with the analog stick.

I'll try to mess with the controls more to see if I can get used to it. I need to turn on auto-fire because trying to move AND dodge with the stick while pressing the left trigger to fire is fucking awful.

At the moment this might be the first portable Nintendo game I've ever played that makes me wish I could play it on a console. (Wii remote for aiming, hold c-button to dodge/run, be able to JUMP)

I'll definitely give it a few more days, but at the moment this could be the first Nintendo game I return to the store. :\

Busaiku

Gah I suck at this game.

Can't even do 4.0 Keep getting kicked down to 3.0. I am *slowly* getting better. Using the dash more, taking things more slowly, but still.

The 3D is also tough on my eyes. So much going on on screen. Have to take breaks much more often than with Kart or 3D Land.

Yeah, the 3D is great, but I can't play it at higher difficulties or multiplayer.

Top Bottom