• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

PK Gaming

Cross posting from the Persona community thread:
Found this gem on Reddit, thought I'd share.

MM7RUyb.jpg

Can't believe how awesome the KLK characters look here. Nui-Teddie is nightmare fuel, though.

Re-watched the show up until its current point with some uninitiated friends over the weekend, and I have to say - the fanservice really doesn't bother me, and I'm usually the first to roll eyes at that kind of thing. It's just so well integrated into the design and tone of the show that it's really easy to roll with. The show is insane-o self-aware pulp and for the most part I think it's better for it. Sex appeal is part and parcel with the program, as opposed to bring shoved in unceremoniously.

To be honest, the only things that bug me are the fake-out molestation joke in the first episode with Mako's dad, and the tiresome crab-dude sword sodomy thing. Those were real groaners.

The family being peeping toms thing is also relatively played out and stupid but I forgive them for it, considering it's resulted in some of the show's best gags (the repeated bike crashing in 4, Ryuko lamenting that the family isn't even around to bother her anymore in 7).

A-V-B

Has anyone made an attempt to make a Kill La Kill Mod for MGR Yet? Because.. I really want that to happen :(. Platinum and Studio Trigger REALLY need to collaborate on something.

I'd make one of the only pre-purchases of my life if Platinum and Trigger did a KLK slice-em-up for the PC/PS4/Xbone.

Why would they switch roles? Does it fit their characters better? Like, they're both rebellious, but Daffy is the one who always fails at it, and Bugs it the one who always wins?

Basically. On a surface level, Bugs is always planning something to drive his victims into insanity, always leading them into a ruse, while Daffy normally just goes with the flow relying on self-insanity, headstrong and whatnot. That's how I made the connection.

Though, I don't even remember Daffy failing a lot unless Bugs was right around the corner.

Why would they switch roles? Does it fit their characters better?

Lets see ... Ryu-Emo is a wild dog with no path or plan, just wildly fighting and reacting to shit and lashing out the the most nonsensical ways. Sat is cool, calm and charismatic as all hell ... and she manipulates others though subterfuge.

Feels like I've been spamming the internet, but I thought you guys might like this fan art I did.

13116301915_f1495b939f_o.jpg

There's a 3D Anime fan art competition on facebook that I'm going to enter, and Kill la Kill is one of the series, so I'm gonna do a Nonon fig. Winner get's it 3D printed :D

TheOGB

Banned
Feels like I've been spamming the internet, but I thought you guys might like this fan art I did.

There's a 3D Anime fan art competition on facebook that I'm going to enter, and Kill la Kill is one of the series, so I'm gonna do a Nonon fig. Winner get's it 3D printed :D
Yo damn, that is awesome. Good luck in the competition!

OGB, the last part is so good, holy shit.
oh shit, wasn't even paying attention, the last part is out! :p Glad to hear you folks enjoyed it

Evilisk

Aw yiss. Which Nonon are you going to do? Please don't say lame Nudist Nonon

No but seriously, that's a great piece of work. Good luck in that competition!

Delayed 12 - 24 hours. Goddammit Aniplexl.

Fixed.

Also like I said before, it's likely we're probably going to get delays all the way until the end. There's something pretty clearly going wrong with the people doing English subs for KLK over there.

EDIT: Here, let's have some goodies to make up for the (unsurprising) delay. Most recent is the Satsuki one. There's more on the site, I thought I might be cluttering up the page too much (no Tsumugu or Sensei though)

Soma

i like how Rei is still not added to the character list on the official site. rip

also i can't stop watching this:

ibu5jfGVEZ1fkg.gif

Evilisk

i like how Rei is still not added to the character list on the official site. rip]

Looking at that character page, it got me thinking

Besides the excuse of Trigger obviously writing all of the Club Presidents/2-Stars as throwaway villain of the week characters, why exactly did Satsuki give all of the 2 Stars the boot again? I thought it was her goal to train up the students to be resistant to Life Fibers by giving them the Goku Uniforms in the first place. Yet it seems counterproductive to remove all of the students with higher Life Fibre resistances except for the ones in her inner circle.

Aw yiss. Which Nonon are you going to do? Please don't say lame Nudist Nonon

No but seriously, that's a great piece of work. Good luck in that competition!

Thanks! And it'll be the white Majorette version of course! Although nudist Nonon will provide good proportion reference :p

Cool ... but too bad that like pretty much every model for these kinda things the model isn't made to be rigged and will forever be a statue made to look pretty.

Sucks cause I would love to animate a walk with Rag ... :/

Evilisk

I thought this was pretty cute.

Too bad it seems that there's only MMD Models for Satsuki and Ryuuko (or if there are models for everyone else, no one has done anything with them)

TheOGB

Banned
I thought this was pretty cute.

Too bad it seems that there's only MMD Models for Satsuki and Ryuuko (or if there are models for everyone else, no one has done anything with them)
"How do you do that?"
"I'm a girl!"
":|"

Haha, that was pretty good.

Downloaded Crunchyroll App for Android hoping there would be Kill la Kill but alas there doesn't seem to be any. Any one know of an app that allows you to watch the episodes and future ones? Don't mind a subscription based one.

Prax

FillerB told me to post this in here so here you go:

tumblr_n2b7elP4cj1qh3iwzo1_500.png

It's a drawing request~
My fire Emblem fan character (he's Micaiah's son loll) in Ryuko gear--though I suppose at this point it's also Satsuki gear? I dunno.

I only watched the first couple of episodes, and it seemed like it was headed into fanservice overload and couldn't stomach it. DOES IT GET BETTER? I like action. I just don't care for wasted time on t+a fanservice.

mjontrix

FillerB told me to post this in here so here you go:

tumblr_n2b7elP4cj1qh3iwzo1_500.png

It's a drawing request~
My fire Emblem fan character (he's Micaiah's son loll) in Ryuko gear--though I suppose at this point it's also Satsuki gear? I dunno.

I only watched the first couple of episodes, and it seemed like it was headed into fanservice overload and couldn't stomach it. DOES IT GET BETTER? I like action. I just don't care for wasted time on t+a fanservice.

It gets alot better - especially in the second half!

That episode. . .
leSaZJ7.gif

Perfect gif!

Vito

Banned
The broadcast was full of earthquake warnings, I guess we might be all waiting for Crunchyroll this time... except for those watching it on Daisuki.

Top Bottom