• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Katsuragi

Yeah, the Satsuki / Ryuko fight could have been a lot better, but I liked the twist at the end of it. Mako had some great scenes, too! All in all, it was a pretty solid episode.

That opening…thank god my girlfriend and I split, or I would NEVER be able to explain what I just witnessed.

Oh please it can't be that bad.

*watches*

Well...that...that happened.

Surely you guys are overreacting...

*watches*

nA64qGb.jpg

JDSN

Banned
Yeah, I think everyone agrees that the intro is indefensible and it retroactively painted the casual molestation of the last few months as honest to god old school fanservice. And I was on the team that has defended it up until this point.

Giolon

Yeah, I think everyone agrees that the intro is indefensible and it retroactively painted the casual molestation of the last few months as honest to god old school fanservice. And I was on the team that has defended it up until this point.

I don't agree with that sentiment. I think the incidents that occurred before stand for themselves. We already know how the show has played with different uses and abuses of fanservice.

But I think it's really hard to argue that this one had any further purpose.

A-V-B

I don't agree with that sentiment. I think the incidents that occurred before stand for themselves. We already know how the show has played with different uses and abuses of fanservice.

But I think it's really hard to argue that this one had any further purpose.

The other scenes still stand on their own, I think. This one was definitely a case of going too far. Like, there's a super careful balance, and it can easily tip into the wrong side if it doesn't have the right factors behind it.

Ghost King

Neo Member
Some of you were talking about the significance of Senketsu Absorbing the life fibers, what would happen if they elaborate a plan for Senketsu to Absorb that giant life fiber thing?

Soriku

Not sure if old, but found this on another site:

There's something about Ragyo's face that seems more...cartoony? than the rest of the characters. I noticed this especially in this episode.

OK.

So, they explained why the battle outfits are so skimpy.

Still doesn't make it less difficult to watch.

If you've been finding it difficult to watch since the last 21 episodes, you should've stopped long ago.

Jex

You just reminded me about those massive dissertations on tumblr about how the fanservice in KLK was "ingenious" and "subversive"

Haha

People wanted to defend the show from criticisms because, well, they like it a lot, but some of the commentators were pretty off the mark with their arguments. Like I've said, you just look at each sequence in it itself and look at the track record of the director overall and you can make draw conclusions from that.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I got admit it is amusing to watch all of the revulsion of Ryuko when, no matter how much praying and hoping is done, she is the protagonist.
This is why the end to episode 21 was so predictable, Ryuko is the heroine of this story, not by virtue of actually being heroic or anything, but because of designation so of course she has to turn back into the most boring shonen face this side of Son Goku because the plot said so.

Eusis

There, finally burned through the episodes and got caught up... though I guess maybe I should've waited at this stage in the series. Ah well, at least I won't have to worry about spoilers now anyway!
I got admit it is amusing to watch all of the revulsion of Ryuko when, no matter how much praying and hoping is done, she is the protagonist.
This is why the end to episode 21 was so predictable, Ryuko is the heroine of this story, not by virtue of actually being heroic or anything, but because of designation so of course she has to turn back into the most boring shonen face this side of Son Goku because the plot said so.
I think that was definitely a matter of how, not necessarily the end result.
I half expected Senketsu and Junketsu to fuse or something if she couldn't actually take off Junketsu, but I guess Senketsu will heal her or something.

rexor0717

I feel like regardless of over all quality, most KLK episodes have been really fun on the first watch. Not sure how they will stand up on rewatch, but only one or two have been...boring to me.

Art error or HINT? You decide.

Spent nearly a minute looking at the picture before I even noticed it.

Good Catch. Pretty sure it's just an error though, unless it's somehow a side effect of
synchronizing with Senketsu
, which I sincerely doubt.
Also, during her standoff with Nui her eyes look normal, so yeah, probably just an oversight.

A-V-B

Spent nearly a minute looking at the picture before I even noticed it.

Good Catch. Pretty sure it's just an error though, unless it's somehow a side effect of
synchronizing with Senketsu
, which I sincerely doubt.
Also, during her standoff with Nui her eyes look normal, so yeah, probably just an oversight.

Guess that look is what you get, though? Satsuki's always been fighting life fibers whenever she wore any, and winning. She wasn't winning with Senketsu.

I'm glad Satsuki didn't bother talking some sense into Ryuko and went straight to fighting. Though one thing had me wondering about the beginning

There couldn't have possibly enough time for Ryuko to be stripped naked and have that 3 way scene. In the previous episode it showed the process of the fibers bringing her into Junketsu then she pretty much went straight to the ship after they rescued Satsuki (like Satsuki was also watching the Junketsu bonding process happening too). So was that butt chin scene and all in her head and some mind-fuckery? Most likely the writers don't care about time consistency that much though.

Verelios

Satsuki was amazing this episode, per usual. Still, even though Ryuko coming back to her senses was a forgone result, the final moments of 21 really highlighted exactly why she's the protagonist. Reasons aside, she's always dialing it up to maximum range.

mjontrix

Satsuki was amazing this episode, per usual. Still, even though Ryuko coming back to her senses was a forgone result, the final moments of 21 really highlighted exactly why she's the protagonist. Reasons aside, she's always dialing it up to maximum range.

She REALLY dialed it up to the max! It was like SSJ2 Gohan all over again - but a tad bit under.

How long until the extended PV drops? I'd assume Ep 22 will be a lighter affair.

TheOGB

Banned
Aw sheit
Looks like Nui's getting away with the full scissor blade. WAY TO GO, RYUKO
edit: I already know speculation for this show is 50/50 but I'm already anticipating what this development will yield

Also just noticed Sanageyama's got 3 guns on his NB belt, while everyone else only has one. He must be overcompensatig for something.
i9kp1Kf.png

Holy shit!
KuGsj.gif

You killed me.
WORDSTAR! #Dead

Please do more.
Where the fuck is the rest? XD I'm dying.
Lol brilliant!
Heh, thanks! I got the rest all queued up to come out 2 a day, so it'll be done on Wednesday. I really like the next few parts. :)

There couldn't have possibly enough time for Ryuko to be stripped naked and have that 3 way scene. In the previous episode it showed the process of the fibers bringing her into Junketsu then she pretty much went straight to the ship after they rescued Satsuki (like Satsuki was also watching the Junketsu bonding process happening too). So was that butt chin scene and all in her head and some mind-fuckery? Most likely the writers don't care about time consistency that much though.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just part 2 of the mind-fuckery after the memory inception

Evilisk

Aw sheit
Looks like Nui's getting away with the full scissor blade. WAY TO GO, RYUKO

Ryuuko's probably getting it back next episode anyway...

Or maybe they'll do a REALLY dumb asspull and say, "LOL Nui you only have the Fake Scissor Blade! Why do you think Senketsu isn't permanently dead this whole time after cutting him up in episode 13, or cutting him up last episode," and then Satsuki will pull out the Blue Scissor Blade and go keikaku, Mary Sue, Satsuki a best etc. and she'll give Ryuuko the real Red Scissor Blade as they had made up a fake while she was in her angst-coma. And then Senketsu will go "I was Isshin the whole time," and everyone will start laughing about Nui got outrused etc.

Ok so I think I got carried away with that last part but basically I don't believe Nui will have the full set of Scissor Blades for that long

Top Bottom