• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

A-V-B

Exactly. I thought there was this powerful underground structure to it all. Turns out they're mostly just silly chumps with connections to a rich guy. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Tsumugu and Mikisugi could be all they had.

Nikodemos

Then again, I'm wondering if Nonons and Gamas goku uniforms are actually stronger than they previously were. It doesn't seem like it.
They're considerably more powerful than the previous Mk.II (III in Uzu's case) versions. Nonon's gokuseifuku has quad sonic cannons (instead of the previous twin), Ira's vambraces can stop Fiber Blades (and his left hand is a bona fide Power Fist), Uzu's shinai is basically a lightsaber and Houka can actually fight this time around, instead of just projecting a bunch of false targets, or getting jobbed the fuck up.

TheOGB

Banned
Totally agree. I was expecting more depth from them than we got.
Yeah, if Trigger weren't going to get that deep into stuff they set up then things should've moved along a bit quicker. When laid out like this the pacing issues are more in-your-face than the T&A.

What was particularly disappointing about nudist beach is how they were portrayed as some powerful organisation fighting in the shadows when Tsumugu was introduced, able to produce powerful anti clothing weapons and train skilled operatives.

Yet by the end of the school raid trip, they've basically just become 2 guys and a bunch of redshirts. I would have thought there was a bit more to them, maybe some more higher ups instead of just Ryuko's dad and a throwaway character.
Exactly this. The whole conflict ended up a lot more lopsided than they made it seem at times. Like, it was damn near a done deal victory for the bad guys from the beginning and it didn't really seem like that was the case until ep19.

A-V-B

Yeah, if Trigger weren't going to get that deep into stuff they set up then things should've moved along a bit quicker. When laid out like this the pacing issues are more in-your-face than the T&A.

Exactly this. The whole conflict ended up a lot more lopsided than they made it seem at times. Like, it was damn near a done deal victory for the bad guys from the beginning and it didn't really seem like that was the case until ep19.

Maybe Trigger ran tight on money and had to rein in their plans for NB.

DoDpa33.png

Trigger

please

Jobber of the century

Jarmel

Banned
What was particularly disappointing about nudist beach is how they were portrayed as some powerful organisation fighting in the shadows when Tsumugu was introduced, able to produce powerful anti clothing weapons and train skilled operatives.

Yet by the end of the school raid trip, they've basically just become 2 guys and a bunch of redshirts. I would have thought there was a bit more to them, maybe some more higher ups instead of just Ryuko's dad and a throwaway character.

You make it seem like this show is well written.

mjontrix

We are all going in blind technically because 30 sec preview is basically nothing but text with Senketsu talking over it.

Even what Senketsu is talking about isn't really a spoiler either. From the youtube comments...

"The Ultimate Kamui, Shinra Koketsu's power poses a threat? to Ryuuko and Satsuki. It's humanity's biggest pinch! But Trigger faces a huge pinch too! Will they make it till next week? Wether the final battle? will take place depends on Trigger's hard work! Get Fired up, Imaishi! Show your fighting spirit, Sushio! Let's go, Amemiya! Smash it up, Ootsuka! Fight, Trigger! Don't Lose, Trigger! The final episode of Kill la Kill: 'Past the Infinite Darkness'!"

Opto

Banned
If there's anything you can say about Kill la Kill, it's sure gotta be that it's an equal-opportunity employer when it comes to male/female strength/fanservice. Lookit that balanced lineup right there.

and everyone's got their own personality.

but Gamagoori's shoulders are too narrow

Honestly, I have no idea how people collect these sort of things. I'm not judging. I just meant, do you have to like cover that stuff up when people come over?

(Inb4 a joke is made about the kind of person that buys this, not ever having anyone over at their place).

My argument to these things usually come down to, do people who collect paintings cover up any that has nudity?

It's all a matter a taste, and the kind of person who sees them.

If you have a collection that's well presented in a room that doesn't look like it harbours creatures from 2 week old pizza, inviting people over has never been a problem. In fact people i find are impressed with the more well made ones.

Mononoke

Banned
My argument to these things usually come down to, do people who collect paintings cover up any that has nudity?

It's all a matter a taste, and the kind of person who sees them.

If you have a collection that's well presented in a room that doesn't look like it harbours creatures from 2 week old pizza, inviting people over has never been a problem. In fact people i find are impressed with the more well made ones.

Fair enough. I guess my post was judgmental when I didn't want it to be.

Honestly, I have no idea how people collect these sort of things. I'm not judging. I just meant, do you have to like cover that stuff up when people come over?

(Inb4 a joke is made about the kind of person that buys this, not ever having anyone over at their place).

I collect figures, but I don't collect the risqué figures like this mainly for that reason. I would love to buy KLK figs if I was living alone, but the thought of my family seeing something like the current Ryuko figures that are available is just embarrassing. So I just stick to regular figs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I thought Mako would be annoying but she might be my favourite character.

Fireflu

Can somebody please tell me what song plays during the Four Divas final transformation? There have been shorter edits of the same track in previous eps but I believe ep 23 was the first time it was played in its entirety, here's the track in question (in terrible muffled quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62MZO-NxwdQ#t=7

I can't find it anywhere on the original soundtrack so I assume there will be a second soundtrack later that includes it? At least I hope so :C

Top Bottom