• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Kinyou

tumblr_n36ykh8sEr1r493mpo1_500.jpg
I like how fans just keep the story going

Eusis

EDIT: wait that could be a fake considering the second panel is the same one from where Mako was saved by Gamagoori
Even if fake I don't expect Aikuro to start wearing clothes on a normal basis without some sort of cover going on. He notably lacked a reaction to the "we can finally wear clothes" statement.

GUYS REMEMBER TOMORROW IS APRIL 1st, SO FOR 24 HOURS DISREGARD EVERYTHING CONCERNING KLK

this is going to be a tough day to get through...

Eusis

GUYS REMEMBER TOMORROW IS APRIL 1st, SO FOR 24 HOURS DISREGARD EVERYTHING CONCERNING KLK

this is going to be a tough day to get through...
Isn't that a general rule for anything? At least we're past the final episode, if that was this week rather than last then yeah, we'd have Issues.

TheOGB

Banned
So the KLK website updated...
What
...Honnoji Academy has introduced new Konnyaku with Life Fiber, created through a joint development with the Sanageyama Konnyaku company. This konnyaku tastes good for a change... and one more thing! It also works as a phone, complete with touch panel and the new operating system "sOS" developed by Honnoji Academy's own Shiro Iori.

Sanageyama Konnyaku has a long history in the industry, with connections through Uzu Sanageyama, this new venture has been financially backed by the Kiryuin family. The press conference also saw the introduction of Naniwa Kinman High school's new lighter, more cost effective model of Meat Armour

My god Gamagori had some cool scenes at the end. And that X cut, badass.
Anyways, this was a great watch. Not as moving as Gurren Lagaan, but an A class effort non the less. Can't wait to see what Trigger does next.

Branduil

Looking at the work as a whole it's as someone else in the thread said earlier, Nui was probably a character that wasn't intended to be one of the main villains in the show but the way the story developed she ended up standing in for what could have been a few other characters.

Once again, I'm not looking at the show and saying "This story is bad because they made it up along the way!" or anything like that, I'm just interested in seeing how the show ended up being what it was. No judgement is implied.

Also worth nothing:

Basically, if someone came up for a cool idea or whatever, they'd just change the story there and then. It seems like, at some point the idea of life fibres as invading aliens was stumbled upon and from there they changed the show around.

That's okay, I'll do it for you.

Too many cooks in the kitchen, IMO. And more importantly, most of them were amateur cooks, and those who knew better didn't stop them for whatever reason.

Ferrio

Banned
Glad they changed the story, just wish that had been the story from the get go. Curious what their end idea for the original story was, or even if there was one.

Eusis

Glad they changed the story, just wish that had been the story from the get go. Curious what their end idea for the original story was, or even if there was one.
I'm guessing it was darker/bleaker especially with a name like Kill la Kill. Post apocalyptic, students being KILLED over daring to stand up (or even be associated with those daring to stand up!), the main character's dad being killed as her primary motivation, and the best weapon to use against them is a suit that requires drinking ones blood. Then those first two got reversed (guess that guy was just badly beat up and strung up and LOOKED dead afterall) while the last one was rendered mostly a non-issue starting with Episode 3, and so the point that sticks out most is the dead dad, and that's common set up material anyway.

javac

Just came in to say I'm starting the first episode right now. I was hyped for this as soon as it was announced. But I like watching shows many episodes at a time, if not all at once. Now that it's finished I'm starting it. I've heard it gets emotional towards the end and I'm really excited. I'm getting the same feeling that I got when I watched lagann and Diebuster and Flcl. I don't know if this will match them but I have a feeling it will. I've been on a total blackout. Know next to nothing about it and I'm jumping in. I don't know if this thread has spoilers so I won't read through it but I wish to see you all and discuss the show on the other side. Let's do this! :0

Neol

Just came in to say I'm starting the first episode right now. I was hyped for this as soon as it was announced. But I like watching shows many episodes at a time, if not all at once. Now that it's finished I'm starting it. I've heard it gets emotional towards the end and I'm really excited. I'm getting the same feeling that I got when I watched lagann and Diebuster and Flcl. I don't know if this will match them but I have a feeling it will. I've been on a total blackout. Know next to nothing about it and I'm jumping in. I don't know if this thread has spoilers so I won't read through it but I wish to see you all and discuss the show on the other side. Let's do this! :0

Yea this thread has mad spoilers so be careful when looking through.

Other then that enjoy! :D

javac

Just finished episode 3. I have my surround sound full blast, lights off and...Holy fuck. Mouth from ear to ear. This is fucking amazing. It's still early on but goddamn.

I remember when this was first announced and I was super excited and then I saw the design for the godrobe. I was like "what are you doing trigger! I knew this was too good to be true." But so far from the first moment I've been mesmerised. The soundtrack is booming, the voice acting is mwah! Bravissimo! The character designs are amazing and I thought the comedy would be too heavy handed but I love it! And fuck the art is sublime. I'm going to watch more tomorrow night since I'm fucking sweating. Shits intense yo.

Giolon

Just finished episode 3. I have my surround sound full blast, lights off and...Holy fuck. Mouth from ear to ear. This is fucking amazing. It's still early on but goddamn.

I remember when this was first announced and I was super excited and then I saw the design for the godrobe. I was like "what are you doing trigger! I knew this was too good to be true." But so far from the first moment I've been mesmerised. The soundtrack is booming, the voice acting is mwah! Bravissimo! The character designs are amazing and I thought the comedy would be too heavy handed but I love it! And fuck the art is sublime. I'm going to watch more tomorrow night since I'm fucking sweating. Shits intense yo.

The ride is only just beginning. Enjoy. :) It'll be interesting to hear what someone who's able to just marathon the whole thing thinks about the middle parts that some people think were too slow and meandering.

Oh my indeed. Source?

Blusby

As much as I enjoyed the show I really wish that the Naka-kun and Imaishi stuck to what they were originally planning as the 2nd half, as cool as it was, is a real mess. Most notable hits were Nudist Beach which had no real presence in the second half and scrapping what was probably Sangayama's original role in the story as a rival to Ryuuko if Ep. 6 was anything to go by.
I would really like Trigger to one day recreate Kill la Kill in a series of films with the original scripting and of course, an actual use of the talented animators that TRIGGER has.

javac

The ride is only just beginning. Enjoy. :) It'll be interesting to hear what someone who's able to just marathon the whole thing thinks about the middle parts that some people think were too slow and meandering.

Ha yeah I'm really enjoying it. I'll be honest I was trying to keep away from it until it had finished since I like watching anime in a more concise manner should I say. However it's obviously hard to stay away from a show like this during its airing since everyone's eyes were placed firmly on it and although I stayed 100% free of spoilers, characters, music and whatnot I heard rumblings of some people being disappointed with it but to be fair I heard an equal amount of people who were loving it so it's been interesting watching it so far.

I have always watched shows with the intention not to judge it until it's over and even then I realise my perception and the way I perceive it will change with time and even repeated views. I've seen a lot of shows that absolutely blow me away that at first glance I'd dismiss due to art style and I've enjoyed controversial shows that twist and meander throughout its trajectory. So I'm interested to see how it goes as well!

I would like to watch a few more episodes right now but I'll start episode 4 tomorrow averaging 3 to 5 a day and no less but maybe more! I think it's best to pace it a bit since I still want to enjoy the ride.

But yeah I'm loving it. Won't post here much until I finish but everyday after my viewing I'll report on my experience I guess :)

And sorry if I don't reply much, spoilers and all that!

TalonJH

Just watched the final episode the other day. Pretty amazing stuff. Now I'm stuck looking for a new show to follow. Any suggestions?

Not as good as Gurren Lagann, but definitely better than Panty and Stocking imo (In terms of Imaishi's work).

Amikami

Banned
Holy crap. I would watch Bully la Bully for the laughs. Rily Mathews. Stacy Kristen. Sam Ketchup. I love how they try to Americanize the names.

Top Bottom