• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Akiller

http://www.pixiv.com/works/39025045

10371487_10152247321108220_754757070263041704_n.jpg

Happy Birthday to the voice of our aniki!

Bold One

Stopped at ep 12 a while back and finally decided to marathon it.

a few things

Mako is the greatest ever.

Her relationship with Ryuko is endearing and awesome

The VAs must have had immensely sore throats, literally every piece of dialogue is screaming at the top their of their lungs

The art was very good if a bit ropey at times, but it served the themes

Rogyou or whatever her name is an interesting villain, she's straight up molests her daughters. I found her to be both frightening and arousing (I hope this hasn't awakened anything in me) at the same time.

Lady Sas-something I forget, probably has the most interesting arc through out, at first I wanted her beaten into the dirt but she redeems herself somewhat.

The 4 DEVAS didnt really do anything for me but turned out to be grounded characters as well. It seems the writers decided to flip the script 3/4 of the way through.

I tried watching Gurren Laggan a year ago and never made it past ep 3, Kill la Kill is better in almost every way, a special anime, reminded me a lot of FLCL. The action is relentless and uncompromising, the humour has some hidden gems and pop culture references, sure is a bit twee but a great relief from the intensity.

Overall I liked this anime, at first I was a little bit put off by the fanservice, the impractical and revealing clothing of these highschoolers but by the end I stopped noticing that everyone had been practically naked for like 4 episodes, I guess in line with the overall message of the show, that was the point....

oh and was the main Villain grabbing her tits in pleasured ecstasy in the finale, or did I imagine that?

Giolon

Where would it air, Toonami?

Just because something has an English dub, doesn't mean it's going to air on TV.

I'm really curious about this announcement, b/c I'll be watching the first episode English premiere at AX. I can't imagine how they're going to be able to live up to the Japanese dub though...Satsuki and Ragyo's VA performances are GOAT tier, and I can't imagine Mako not ending up sounding annoying.

oh and was the main Villain grabbing her tits in pleasured ecstasy in the finale, or did I imagine that?
You're not imagining it. That's just Ragyo being Ragyo™, yo!

Xerotwo

Just because something has an English dub, doesn't mean it's going to air on TV.

Well, the hype of the series is pretty much every episode building up to it. It's kinda like the feeling you get when you watch a TV series every week or so, and chat to people about what just happened (just like in this thread).

A-V-B

Mako and Elite Four sound great. Satsuki sounds good when she's yelling.

I listened to it without visuals, so... did I hear Goku? Who's he playing?

I didn't hear anyone who sounded like Senketsu.

Ryuko needs a more husky voice

Senketsu sounded like a normal perv and not the man who aged himself and then died so that he can become clothing

A-V-B

Ryuko needs a more husky voice

What she needs is to sound a little more... lackadaisical, if that makes any sense. Ryuuko kinda has this style where, when she talks a lot, it sounds like she's kinda slouching around, but in a punk sort of way.

Like, "whatever, fuck you, man."

And she slurs her lines a bit because of all that. "Don't make me expend energy on you, I'm tired of this shit..."

Articalys

I came late to the party, anyone mind summarizing the casting?
Grabbed this from ANN, someone must have been editing it on-the-fly during the stream.
Carrie Keranen as Satsuki Kiryuuin
Erica Mendez as Ryuuko Matoi

Christine Marie Cabanos as Mako Mankanshoku
David Vincent as Senketsu
Grant George as Uzu Sanageyama
Matthew Mercer as Aikurou Mikisugi
Patrick Seitz as Ira Gamagoori
Sarah Williams as Nonon Jakuzure
Steve Cannon as Houka Inumuta

Giolon

Ryuuko: Erica Mendez
Satsuki: Carrie Keranen
Senketsu: David Vincent
Mako: Christine Marie Cabanos

Nonon: Sarah Ann Williams
Gamagoori: Patrick Seitz
Sanageyama: Grant George
Inumuta: Steve Canon

Mikisugi: Matt Mercer

Bolded were great in the trailer (especially Gamagoori), the rest were meh at best.

Top Bottom