• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

brettreyu

Yeah. I'm filled up on Live, and I try to hold out for the $30 deal that occurs every blue moon, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Thanks.

I'll likely do the same. I like Shadow Jagos style and audio too much. Seems like a release of Shadow Jago has gotten lost in everything else.

.la1n

They did mention (I think on the last stream) that they wouldn't be doing any work on giving Shadow Jago a unique move set until after Fulgore and Story mode are out. I would assume if they plan to offer him as a character you can purchase separately it would not be until then.

brettreyu

They did mention (I think on the last stream) that they wouldn't be doing any work on giving Shadow Jago a unique move set until after Fulgore and Story mode are out. I would assume if they plan to offer him as a character you can purchase separately it would not be until then.

You think everyone with Shadow Jago already would not have to purchase the "unique move set" Shadow Jago again?

.la1n

You think everyone with Shadow Jago already would not have to purchase the "unique move set" Shadow Jago again?

That is a good question actually. I have no idea how that will work but I would think it's fair to say that anyone who already has Jago has paid in their $5.00 that the character would cost as a stand alone with his own move set so they should get it as a free update.

.la1n

What are the chances the patch to fix the jail system comes out this week?

Same as most weeks, 50/50 since we never really know when updates are coming. I did see a tweet from Rich recently that said they wanted feedback after the update but never mentioned when the actual update would be. Ranked has been working fairly well for me lately although I do stick mostly to exhibition matches now. My main problem is the random lock ups with Spinal, I would have gladly taken a fix for just that two weeks ago.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So Ive had the game for 2 days now and tonight decided to try some online exhibition matches, played 7 matches so far..lost 5 and the other 2 rage quit. :|

WHY ARE PEOPLE RAGE QUITTING IN EXHIBITION I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS

gaffers pls add me I need some decent people to play against

Kriaser

So Ive had the game for 2 days now and tonight decided to try some online exhibition matches, played 7 matches so far..lost 5 and the other 2 rage quit. :|

Add keir tendril for jago/spinal games.
Usually play on weekends or week day mornings before 1pm cst

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Add keir tendril for jago/spinal games.
Usually play on weekends or week day mornings before 1pm cst
Done. After my mild rant I actually had some really intense/fun matches with randoms. I know I'm very LTTP but Holy Hell this game is fun as fuck.

derFeef

It's beyond me why they did not put out a hotfix for the sound issue, I mean it can cause health issues...

Welcome aboard tapedeck, add daFeef for some fun matches - I am not good at fighters and never will be but yeah, fun as fuck :D
And who rage quits an exhibition match? wow!

brettreyu

I'm pretty much terrible at all fighting games except I'm decent at Killer Instinct.

Add me, MrBrett

What's your gamertag?

Add me too, gamertag: EteRnal PAL

.la1n

almost three weeks since the last patch went live, and nothing about when fixes are coming :/

This is getting a bit ridiculous, even by Double Helix's standards. I was happy to see Max tweet about it, maybe they will bother replying. I am not going to get my hopes up. I know they really wanted to test this next patch thoroughly as to avoid another case of introducing more bugs, that is perfectly reasonable. The problem is that their is a severe lack of community management going on. No communication or updates to at least let their customers know what is going on. Cliff (previously of Epic Games) was saying recently how important it is to have direct line to your customers going forward in the gaming industry if you want to be successful, Double Helix and Microsoft have really dropped the ball with Killer Instinct in that regard.

Sdoots

My stick came in the mail today. My first fight stick, going to take a while to get used to this, but I definitely like it. Won a few exhibition matches already. My XBL tag is Sdoots if anyone wants to play sometime.

Silky

Banned
lxvgJzT.png

YOU'LL NEED TO STOP DOUBTIN', DH GOT DISSSSSSSSSS

jbug617

Banned
Patch Notes.

***Primary Updates***

JAIL SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS

· All “Jail” stats have been RESET aka “clean slate”
· Fix to bug where BOTH players would go to jail on disconnect
· Adjusted percentage rate for match disconnects that will cause the user to be sent to jail.

*The Jail system had a few issues on release but due to constant updates from the community, we're happy to share this recent version which will have the JAIL system work as intended. Again, we extend our gratitude for your feedback and assistance."

SPINAL FIXES
· Fix for Spinal teleport causing crash/ de-sync in corner against back dashing opponents.
· Fix to manuals being unbreakable after using the dive kick as an opener
· Fix to counter breakers not being accessible when using a divekick as an opener.
· Fix to second Spinal divekick snapping to ground if you do it while opponent is still in reaction from first dive kick
· Fix bug with Spinal skeleport linker not crossing up correctly

***General Fixes***

SURVIVAL FIX
Users no longer lose points when losing a match in Survival Mode

PROGRESS NOT SAVING
Fixed an issue where progression data would not save. All user data, items acquired, etc. should now save properly.

AUDIO FIX
Potential Fix for Ultra audio glitch (may still happen and needs more investigation).

ULTRA’s EQUAL WIN * NEW!*
If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.

CHARACTER LOADING SCREEN FIX
Fixed an issue where players would soft-lock on the character/stage loading screen. This issue has been resolved.

CHARACTER SELECT REMOVED FROM REPLAYS
The character select option from “Replays” has been removed.

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/for...tes-spinal-jail-general-fixes-2-19-2014.8352/

agentreza

Anyone else getting a server error on their forums? Also, looks like how ranked is matched up will remain as is... more fights against 10+ difference players :/

malfcn

Potential fix?
Silly audio bug.
Good to hear about some progress. But the Titanfall beta made me forget about this game.

.la1n

Wonder if anything else will be in patch like new costumes? Will be interesting to check out ranked now and see how it works. Good to see that players get a loss for disconnecting after the Ultra.

Same.

Ready to hit KI hard this weekend, though! Is there a stream today?

They have not posted anything about not having it so unless that changes it should be at 2:00PM PST over at twitch.tv/xbox

shakex

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty much a scrub at this game but I want to get good. Please add my gamertag SoLiD ShaE. You can use me as a punching bag until I get good. I play with Orchid and usually play on Thursday & Friday mornings EST. See you online!

Hey guys I finally have this game after wanting to play it for so long, I got my xbox one last saturday but only today have I really sat down and tried KI for more then 5 minutes.

Had to remap the controller to my liking and been messing around with the free character Sadira, such a fast game i'm going to have to get used to it.

Is Jago a good beginner character? he seems to be the most rounded.

Hey guys I finally have this game after wanting to play it for so long, I got my xbox one last saturday but only today have I really sat down and tried KI for more then 5 minutes.

Had to remap the controller to my liking and been messing around with the free character Sadira, such a fast game i'm going to have to get used to it.

Is Jago a good beginner character? he seems to be the most rounded.

Sabrewulf is the easiest to learn/use, but Jago is a good beginner character as well.

Chairhome

ULTRA’s EQUAL WIN * NEW!*
If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.
I knew that this wasn't in there before!

Durock

Highlights from today's stream. Some new info, some old.

They’ve talked about adding additional functionality to the official KI fightstick. Example: buttons flashing.

Achievement bugs are high on their list of correcting.

There will be Killer Instinct gamerpics for Xbox One in the future.

KI is getting close to the vision they want it to be. Will continue to add content to get it there.

There will be additional colors for characters in the future.

May be able to eventually use any accessory on any character.

Glacius has been the most difficult character to balance.

It takes around six months to design a single character.

They have been discussing adding additional training options.

No Mercies and Stage Knock-Offs are still planned. Will not be part of Season One.

If Season Two happens, it would be sold in a similar model as Season One.

Fulgore and Story Mode will both be in the same update in March.

There will be more characters that will not use only quarter circle inputs.

More info here: http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/highlights-from-the-killer-instinct-stream-022014/

Nori Chan

X1 gamerpics? I need that now.

And give me orchids flashing and I will pay 40 dollars every year until death Double helix er um rare?

Top Bottom