• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

dankir

The music is just outstanding, so good. Mick did an awesome job.

Wrong he did a fucking amazing job. He told me when they approached him that this soundtrack would be a tribute to Beanland and Noregate.

This music teaser is missing Jago's theme right? Man Orchid's theme is dope!!!!

Marvel

could never
Killer Instinct has 94 Achievements

0_o

6z1.gif

Fuck yeah!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
0:00 - Orchid
2:02 - Killer Instinct theme
4:08 - Glacius
5:16 - Thunder
6:45 - Sadira
8:05 - Sabrewulf
9:25 - Spinal tease

HiiiLife

2000 matches with each character? What in theeee fuck? I'd like to say I'd invested time into MK9 but I didn't even break the 1000 mark. Good lord.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So they want you to play 12000 matches overall to truly ace the achievements.

And, y'know, future characters are coming out, too.

Maybe if they mean "Play 2000 matches containing these characters", it'd make some sense... since it also means the opponent could count as a play, and if you both play mirrors, you give each other 2 plays.

But otherwise... that's just... offputting. People could spend WEEKS grinding characters they don't even like to try and get 2000 wins. It actually goes against he fun of trying everyone on the cast out freely.

The KI 1 achievements look much more bearable. A good, decent list, and putting it to 40 matches per character is still a small bit nuts, but not bad as fast as rounds go. I guess I'll be earning Cheevos in that for years, lol. I doubt I'm going to play 500 or so matches of original KI, evenly divided between each character anytime soon.

dankir

So they want you to play 12000 matches overall to truly ace the achievements.

And, y'know, future characters are coming out, too.

Maybe if they mean "Play 2000 matches containing these characters", it'd make some sense... since it also means the opponent could count as a play, and if you both play mirrors, you give each other 2 plays.

But otherwise... that's just... offputting. People could spend WEEKS grinding characters they don't even like to try and get 2000 wins. It actually goes against he fun of trying everyone on the cast out freely.

The KI 1 achievements look much more bearable. A good, decent list, and putting it to 40 matches per character is still a small bit nuts, but not bad as fast as rounds go. I guess I'll be earning Cheevos in that for years, lol. I doubt I'm going to play 500 or so matches of original KI, evenly divided between each character anytime soon.

It's 2000 played matches though, not wins (thank god)

For the grinders I'm sure you can turn it very easy, highest damage and pump these out quick.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's 2000 played matches though, not wins (thank god)

For the grinders I'm sure you can turn it very easy, highest damage and pump these out quick.

Ugh, now you just reminded me of how people handled the matches played achievements in KoF XII: Tape down a button, and let the character get into a match. Since it only counted towards "playing" in games, and not "winning", people would just get matches up that way.

I hate "grind" style achievements in online MP games. Having just enough to make the community try out each character is good. Having so many that people will potentially lose interest multiple times over, before reaching such achievements with 1 or 2 characters? Just encourages "boosters" and the like. :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lol at 2k matches per.

Also I hear there are no lobbies? Wth...are rhey coming later?

Likely. One of the builds had the option in the menu, so its likely they couldn't finish it in time.

They have said stuff about doing a quarter mode and KP betting in the future, so it will be in eventually.

I had just checked the pricing for the mad catz xbox one fightstick...

...too rich for my blood at the moment. So then, I guess I get to see how well it plays on the regular controller.

abracadaver

no achievements for spinal and fulgore ?

why is no one showing the classic costumes ?! DrDogg where are the classic costumes ?

abracadaver

can't developers add achievements whenever they like now? Doesn't make sense to have the achievements at launch if the characters aren't.

Achievements will be added like they are with dlc: it'll come with the content.

yes but the game already has 1000 points. it will either be 0 point achievements or achievements that make the game have 1200 or something. whatever it is that sucks. since they already announced spinal and fulgore the achievements for them should just be in the original 1000

mbmonk

Dr.dogg does the game implement this smart match making feature?

While Xbox Live is matchmaking, you’re untethered and free to do what you want, like watch TV or check out your favorite website or apps while waiting for your next game. If you’re playing digital games, you can even play one game while Smart Match prepares a second. This freedom to break out of waiting in lobbies and do whatever you want is what separates Xbox One from systems that don’t have a way to instantly switch between tasks.

Second question, is there any parameters when searching for a match? Can I prioritize connection speed over finding similar skill level opponents, for example? Or is multiplayer just pick rank or not and go? No real options to tweak or adjust.

Third, how stable is the snap feature? Or did you use it at all while playing KI?

Thanks.

bumpkin

How hard was beating eyedol with one credit on the arcade game? Another achievement right there for the classic game.
I remember him being a combo breaking machine, so I can't foresee it being a simple feat; especially if there's no way to adjust difficulty.

Top Bottom