• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Dai101

Banned
BASED DOUBLE HELIX

sLtRve5.jpg

Never doubted thou

Enordash

That review was pretty bonkers to me. I can not wait for this game. It's crazy that a $20 downloadable game is my most anticipated next gen title, but it's easily the case.

derFeef

So which theme are you KI fanatics liking the most?
I am surprised I like that Thunder theme so much, it kinda has everything - those guitars.

Sadira's is the most boss though.

"Like the visuals, the music and sounds are largely forgettable, with the exception of "C-c-c-c-combo Breaker!" which you will hear more and more frequently as you get better at the game."
Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...iew-C-c-c-c-combo-Breaker#eZ3sIuAjPSKb8igm.99

Huh...
lol who the hell review it? Because it sound like they hardy even play it.

Edit
oh and feel bad for that one gaffer who has a ban bet on an another forum since the game look like it not going to get over 80 on metacritic.

dookeh

I am surprised I like that Thunder theme so much, it kinda has everything - those guitars.

I don't know if Thunder's is my favorite yet, but it's definitely the one that's been stuck in my head all day.

shandy706

"Like the visuals, the music and sounds are largely forgettable, with the exception of "C-c-c-c-combo Breaker!" which you will hear more and more frequently as you get better at the game."
Read more at http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...iew-C-c-c-c-combo-Breaker#eZ3sIuAjPSKb8igm.99

Huh...

LOL

From the moment I heard the music at E3 (despite the awful look at the game that day), there is NOTHING forgettable about the music and sound in this game.

Did they mute the TV before playing? <--- Not a joke question.

AcidGlow

Neo Member
2000 matches with 1 character.. lol.. Get your main chickens ready.. No way am I gonna 1K this game. I don't even like Sadira or Glacius that much.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i just played ki for an hour and a half
well edit with details later but for right now:
it's fun and ms store employees are dumb

SO did MS fail by having Double Helix do a staggered release here?

would it have been better review wise and press wise to release it as a full game when its ready? or have labeled this a beta test?

also anyone thing they will RE review it when they release everything?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
SO did MS fail by having Double Helix do a staggered release here?

would it have been better review wise and press wise to release it as a full game when its ready? or have labeled this a beta test?

also anyone thing they will RE review it when they release everything?
the game is very good in its current state. if i were getting a launch xbo i would be happy to have KI as it is right now.

DrDogg

i havent checked it yet, i'am going to soon, but have you tried manuals? Are they hard to perform constantly? I mean this game has no p-linking so you'll have to get the timings perfectly.

The problem with Manuals is exactly what you pointed out. You can't plink them. Since the buffer for Auto-Doubles is so big, the most difficult aspect of Manuals is landing that window after the AD buffer ends, but with enough time to still connect the Manual.

I can't hit any in a match situation other than opening with Sabrewulf's (since they're basically a chain at that point). Even timing Glacius' Ice Lance after his corner throw is difficult at first, but the timing is more forgiving there so it only took about 10 minutes in practice mode to get that down.

It's definitely not something you'll see a lot of at first, but the better players will get the timing down over time.

With the character's being pretty unique and distinctive, are there any obvious lopsided matchups atm?

Is Sadira annoying to fight against?

Glacius is a hard match for just about everyone. His keep out is just really good. Beyond that, I think everyone is pretty even, but Jago's projectile gives him a bit more freedom than the rest of the cast.

Sadira seems to lose a lot of her advantages when the opponent has meter. You can Shadow Counter on-reaction to catch some of her aerial shenanigans. She has some dumb cross-up setups, but against a skilled player it looks like that's all she has.

Of course this is very early and I haven't played against a lot of really good players, so all of my opinions could change once I've had more time to play against solid people.

why is no one showing the classic costumes ?! DrDogg where are the classic costumes ?

They're not accessible on the build I've been playing. I can play the arcade classic, but no sign of classic costumes at all.

Dr.dogg does the game implement this smart match making feature?

Second question, is there any parameters when searching for a match? Can I prioritize connection speed over finding similar skill level opponents, for example? Or is multiplayer just pick rank or not and go? No real options to tweak or adjust.

Third, how stable is the snap feature? Or did you use it at all while playing KI?

Thanks.

I don't have a lot to work with in terms of testing the smart match feature. I can switch to any other app and I get notified when an opponent has been found. However, when I tried switching from KI3 to classic KI or Dead Rising, it seems to quit out of the game completely.

For ranked there are no parameters. For exhibition, you can set the rank differential of your potential opponent. You can fight someone up to 40 ranks above or below you. That's the only parameter you can set.

You do get the opportunity to decline a match in exhibition mode before you start, but you don't get any info on where the player is at or their ping.

I don't have cable setup on this box so all I can really test is moving around the dashboard and into various apps. All of that works really well though.

When I'm playing, I prefer Orchid and Thunder's theme the best.

derFeef

Top class info!
Do you know why some journos did not have access to online play, or even other characters? This seemed werid to me.

DrDogg

Top class info!
Do you know why some journos did not have access to online play, or even other characters? This seemed werid to me.

I don't know for sure. What I do know is that I did not receive the game from Microsoft. The Xbox One wasn't loaded with anything. I logged into my personal gamertag and paid for KI (Ultra Edition). Perhaps the other media outlets didn't want to do that? I don't know.

I didn't recognize any other gamertags when I played online, so unless the rest of the media was using personal tags as well, I didn't see anyone else. I completely destroyed just about everyone I played though.

I was able to log in over 100 online matches Friday and Saturday (I didn't play online much on Sunday), so I really have no idea why these other sites weren't able to.

Halvie

Banned
LOL

From the moment I heard the music at E3 (despite the awful look at the game that day), there is NOTHING forgettable about the music and sound in this game.

Did they mute the TV before playing? <--- Not a joke question.

Music seems like one of the game's strong points to me.

So one thing i'm still curious about. What changed at the studio that allowed them to go from a garbage tier developer to putting together a solid fighting game that is scoring mid 8s? Was it simply a matter of MS letting them do it piecemeal so that they can spend a lot of time and energy making each fighter great or was there a culture change?

Really curious what this means for Strider

derFeef

I am wondering if they ever performed an ultra even? I mean the score is good but the review content is just "huh?"

Sydle

So one thing i'm still curious about. What changed at the studio that allowed them to go from a garbage tier developer to putting together a solid fighting game that is scoring mid 8s? Was it simply a matter of MS letting them do it piecemeal so that they can spend a lot of time and energy making each fighter great or was there a culture change?

Put together a team of fighting game veterans to make it and watch over its development.

Must read.

Top Bottom