• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

mbmonk

“We aren't throwing in anything off the wall when it comes to offensive character animations in combos,” he continues. “If a players uses a medium punch for their double after and opener, it will have the same range and animation as a standard medium punch. On the defensive side, however, we decided to implement different damage animations for the character being hit based on the strength of the move. How badly a character reels from a heavy punch is going to look much different from a jab. This helps the defensive player from feeling completely helpless or from resorting to a guessing game in order to break a combo. It will be a big payoff for players who spend even an hour a day playing the game and learning these intricacies.”

That is very interesting. I was thinking I was going to have to guess for the first month of the game in order to break combo. Very useful if this is true.

Thanks for posting a link to the Gamasutra article.

.la1n

That is very interesting. I was thinking I was going to have to guess for the first month of the game in order to break combo. Very useful if this is true.

Thanks for posting a link to the Gamasutra article.

The tutorial is also good and showing you what animations to recognize for what strength hit it is. Right now the only problem with that is I think it only shows Jago's animations.

Shadow Jago isn't getting anything other than one alternate color. At least not right away. Maybe they'll have a change of heart in the future...

Well, i'm sure once he has his own moveset he'll get the right treatment he deserves. We just have to wait until then.

But I can't wait to see all the dramatic changes! :D

Rlan

Enjoy.

tumblr_mul3zoNJAp1rkrwaco1_500.jpg

mdsfx

oh man... that KI arcade.

I'm spending $540 to play KI3 and KI Arcade... and I don't regret a thing.
Seriously? I have been following the hell out of this game, but cant bring myself to spend $500+ for it. Maybe in a year when it's more complete and its depth has been validated by more people. Until then, Mame will suffice for my KI/KI2 fix (as well as this thread!).

Kalm

I am so ready.

Just finished building a behind-the-sofa arcade table with room for two sticks, two beers and retro arcade stools.

If all goes as planned and our TE2's show up on Friday, I'll be having a 6-person, couch tournament sharing two sticks and 2 controllers so I seriously hope the Kinect profile/config switching works as promised... :\

One of our group is a lefty and plays with an upside-down stick so it'll be interesting.

I'll take pics either way :D

***side note for discussion: What character, if any, have you guys chosen to start with?

derFeef

Sabrewulf for sure. But I really want to learn Glacius - seems to be tough though.
Will be stuck with controller too for quite some time :/

Jezehbell

Honestly, I don't know. Sabrewulf maybe. Sadira (she reminds me Catwoman of Injustice), I want to see some vids about Spinal and Fulgore for the final decision !

Kalm

Sabrewulf for sure. But I really want to learn Glacius - seems to be tough though.
Will be stuck with controller too for quite some time :/

I tried pad play at Best Buy, mate. It's not bad at all.

Combo breaking with the right-stick is the only thing I felt uncomfortable with but I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of time before it would become natural.

***side note for discussion: What character, if any, have you guys chosen to start with?

That is a definite for Thunder and Sadira, but out of the two, i'm not exactly sure yet. It could be Sadira as I got the hang of Thunder quicker.

Controller player for life! :p

Kalm

That is a definite for Thunder and Sadira, but out of the two, i'm not exactly sure yet. It could be Sadira as I got the hang of Thunder quicker.

Controller player for life! :p

I'm leaning towards Thunder as well.

His moves/combos have more "rhthym" than the others I've tried out, if that makes any sense at all.

That is one obnoxiously corny OT title.

Welcome to the resurrected 90's, mate. Just go with it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thunder's theme clearly, wohoo! :) Still sounds oddly like something out of Transformers the movie for me, heh heh.

Orchid's sounds great, we expect this. Love Vocal songs in my fighters, heh. Seems well balanced.

Saber's sounds Horrific, and that's perfect to me.

Glacius sounds like a high quality version of a snow stage in a 16 bit game, so more perfection.

Edit: Oh, and Sadira's is there. Max uses it to end his vids so much, I don't even notice it ;) It sounds so wicked and oppressive... will be fun to fight to!

DAT TEASE sounding good! Will be interesting to see how he compares to Saber's theme.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last night I had a dream about the Fulgore reveal. He was no longer a robot, but like some Hotline Miami-esque mask wearing thug in a wife beater, and really hairy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sadira's theme is really good.

EDIT: Everything is awesome. God I can't wait for Wolfenstein.

Top Bottom