• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think the worse thing about Flesh-gore is that it needs a bit more to sell it. If his shoulder area was remodeled to look like the flesh-skull was the result of battle damage, rather than a clean removal from the pristine inner material, it'd look better.

This new White alt set piece is interesting, I like the space age older bot look, it makes me think of something out of Trenched / Iron Brigade with all those radio Dishes. Now if only his fireballs would become radio waves... I get the feeling his head is a bit smaller than I'd want it, but that's not too bad a thing.

Overall, I have to say, I like the bulk of Retro Fulgore. Playing it in-game, I'd hate for him to look like a quick-to-break twig (like Retro Jago!) VS the meatier look of the current designs. I dig the retro action figure feel, and the Easter eggs are small, but appreciated.

I've been practicing Photoshop painting and decided to try to concept up the way I'd like to see a new Maya done. Thought I'd share :D

That's pretty cool, btw! Surprised no one commented on it here. Maya could be fun with accessories, if they make her look like a variety of female warrior tribes folk. African, Mayan, Indian, Alaskan, etc.

malfcn

Played for the first time in awhile and I'm ass.

The news tab in the meld days Fuglore.
They fixed the buggy Jago achievment!

.la1n

Hope everyone was able to check out UFGT's top 8 KI, it was some of the best I've seen. Hitbox showcased some incredible Spinal play and I was throughly impressed with Alax Valle's Fulgore, up there with Max's to be sure. I do honestly believe if Max was afforded more time he could be the top Fulgore player but I'm sure he'd disagree with me.

Won't spoil anything but be sure to check out the archived video over at
Http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Max was commentating so if nothing else check it out to hear the hype :)

.la1n

Any word on the soundtrack yet? Last I remember it was supposed to be released in March.

At this point they be positioning it to launch alongside Season 2, maybe have some additional tracks that way as well. This is all guesses though, they may still release it ahead of time (this summer perhaps.)

m23

At this point they be positioning it to launch alongside Season 2, maybe have some additional tracks that way as well. This is all guesses though, they may still release it ahead of time (this summer perhaps.)

Been waiting on it since launch. Take my money Mick!!

Silky

Banned
Hope everyone was able to check out UFGT's top 8 KI, it was some of the best I've seen. Hitbox showcased some incredible Spinal play and I was throughly impressed with Alax Valle's Fulgore, up there with Max's to be sure. I do honestly believe if Max was afforded more time he could be the top Fulgore player but I'm sure he'd disagree with me.

That Fulgore/Wolf final made me /so/ upset

Dai101

Banned

That Fulgore/Wolf final made me /so/ upset

Because nobody outside of you (i guess) watched yestarday, here's the KI Grand Finals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i4xBnKJY68

Just watched it all. So good. This game is so fun to watch in high level play.

Dai101

Banned

Watching it right now, Hitbox is fucking vicious.

BTW. KI starts at 1;15:XX:XX

rrc1594

Gaf I suck, at button inputs. Like I just don't get it is their guide help with that. Is their guide show how you should tap the D-pad. I just got the game I want get better,

mick retweeted this

TqI6p8s.png

evidence of him returning?

Skab

Mick apparently has three trailers and two games being announced at e3 this year. So not everything is going to be for KI (like his latest vine)

DrDogg

I've been pretty meh about KI this past month or so (lack of main to play), but now that E3 is so close... my body is ready.

Bring me TJ Combo in all his glory and let him be playable on the show floor. This, I command...

P.S. And no "power up" gimmicks that ruined Spinal and Fulgore for me. Oh, and frame-trap heavy boxing please. I want them to feel the pressure of my illegal boxing style...!

hwalker84

I've been pretty meh about KI this past month or so (lack of main to play), but now that E3 is so close... my body is ready.

Bring me TJ Combo in all his glory and let him be playable on the show floor. This, I command...

P.S. And no "power up" gimmicks that ruined Spinal and Fulgore for me. Oh, and frame-trap heavy boxing please. I want them to feel the pressure of my illegal boxing style...!

I'd be shocked if anyone from Season 2 is playable already. That would mean Double Helix was pretty far along with Season 2 before the sale.

sangreal

I'd be shocked if anyone from Season 2 is playable already. That would mean Double Helix was pretty far along with Season 2 before the sale.

If I remember correctly, they were approached before the sale but I don't know when they started working. Still - they only need to add characters, movesets and such, not write a whole new engine or anything

hwalker84

If I remember correctly, they were approached before the sale but I don't know when they started working. Still - they only need to add characters, movesets and such, not write a whole new engine or anything

Yes but they're also picking up a completely new engine to them. While figuring out how to squash existing bugs, optimize performance, create new maps and characters, etc. It's a massive task.

.la1n

I haven't really put much time into it either. With Ultra Street Fighter IV coming out soon I have been spending a lot of time playing AE in preparation. Now that I know Guilty Gear Xrd is going to make it to NA this year I don't know how much time I will be putting into Killer Instinct going forward. They need to really bring the heat with Season 2 and it needs to come out this year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828031
ALL TIMES PDT. SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE.

Mon 09
09:00a IGN's Microsoft Pre-Show
09:30a Microsoft Press Conference
12:00p EA Press Conference
02:30p IGN's Ubisoft Pre-Show
03:00p Ubisoft Press Conference
05:30p IGN's Sony Pre-Show
06:00p Sony Press Conference

Tue 10
08:30a IGN's Nintendo Pre-Show