• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

I'm hesitant to say she'll be back but if she does come back I will main the shit out of her. Nunchucks and jump kicks for the win.

Oh, she definitely will be back. And I cannot wait for the way she plays.

Mouhébong Taekwondo is what she can do, it's perfect, which is crazy. Plus I hope she stays with a parry.

.la1n

It's for Wolf. Did you guys completely miss the description? May 20th is Wolfs release date.

Hey I'm a fighting game player not a scholar :p

I have this bad feeling we are going to lose some of the KI 2 cast in favor of new characters / push them to season 3. Would be a completely shitty move but it wouldn't surprise me since they already left out a returning cast member in the first season in favor of Sadira and they didn't even know if there would be a season 2 at that point.

Coda

Oh, she definitely will be back. And I cannot wait for the way she plays.

Mouhébong Taekwondo is what she can do, it's perfect, which is crazy. Plus I hope she stays with a parry.

I really hope you're right. I'm just glad Orchid is in the game right now. Getting wins with her is so satisfying.

fin

Haven't been keeping up with the thread. Is there a semi-regular crew playing now that we have lobbies?

GT = Finjitzu

I know this is really far off, but I really hope for Season 3 to become a thing, with us getting a bunch of new characters.

Also, I can't wait to see Combo and Riptor at E3. With Cinder at EVO. ;3

.la1n

Are we getting Fulgore's classic this week? That is the last thing left in Season 1 as far as I know.

As for character reveals I think the best we can hope for is one character at E3 and one at EVO but I would love to be wrong. I do hope we see a new female cast member sooner than later, Sadira / Orchid isn't enough :p

Heatshade

Neo Member
Are we getting Fulgore's classic this week? That is the last thing left in Season 1 as far as I know.

As for character reveals I think the best we can hope for is one character at E3 and one at EVO but I would love to be wrong. I do hope we see a new female cast member sooner than later, Sadira / Orchid isn't enough :p

Riptor is a girl too, so would that satisfy you? ;-)

.la1n

Riptor is a girl too, so would that satisfy you? ;-)

I always forget about that, yes I will accept it because Riptor is awesome. Not sure I trust them to not completely screw the design up though, it's tricky. I don't want the Riptor equivalent of Sabrewulf's classic sewer rat alternate.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So about that Kinectless SKU at $399...yeah I'm kinda pissed. I bought this system for KI and swallowed the extra cost for kinect and just tried to appreciate some of the functionality and saw it as a differentiator to PS4. Now they just dump it and lower the price? Basically a big fuck you to us who bought the system for KI. I hope they give us some free shit.

Skab

So about that Kinectless SKU at $399...yeah I'm kinda pissed. I bought this system for KI and swallowed the extra cost for kinect and just tried to appreciate some of the functionality and saw it as a differentiator to PS4. Now they just dump it and lower the price? Basically a big fuck you to us who bought the system for KI. I hope they give us some free shit.

Not really. Also they don't owe you shit. You gave them money for the system and a kinect, and that's what you got.

tapedeck

Not really. Also they don't owe you shit. You gave them money for the system and a kinect, and that's what you got.
What a useless reply.

We arent even a year into the console and they dump the MAIN FEATURE they were pimping that I didnt want or care about, drop the price 100 bucks and Im supposed to just say "WELL THATS BUSINESS LOLOL" I like many others in this thread bought the system for KI and just dealt with the extra cost. But no youre right they dont owe me or anyone else in my situation anything, but its certainly a big fuck you.

VariantX

Gotta agree with this. Kinect was crap for gaming on the 360 and every bit as crappy now on the XB1. As much as I wanted to play KI, there was no way in hell I'd by a system with a piece of junk attached that inflated the hardware price by at least $100. Until Microsoft can prove there's a value for gaming applications with the Kinect, it will remain a useless piece of plastic.

Skab

What a useless reply.

We arent even a year into the console and they dump the MAIN FEATURE they were pimping that I didnt want or care about, drop the price 100 bucks and Im supposed to just say "WELL THATS BUSINESS LOLOL" I like many others in this thread bought the system for KI and just dealt with the extra cost. But no youre right they dont owe me or anyone else in my situation anything, but its certainly a big fuck you.

That's on you for wanting to get the console early in it's lifespan then. Early adopters are always going to pay more, and that's exactly what you did. You chose to deal with the extra cost so you could play sooner. Others waited, even ones who are dying to play KI, and now they have a cheeper sku available to them.

Gotta agree with this. Kinect was crap for gaming on the 360 and every bit as crappy now on the XB1. As much as I wanted to play KI, there was no way in hell I'd by a system with a piece of junk attached that inflated the hardware price by at least $100. Until Microsoft can prove there's a value for gaming applications with the Kinect, it will remain a useless piece of plastic.

Exactly.

tapedeck

That's on you for wanting to get the console early in it's lifespan then. Early adopters are always going to pay more, and that's exactly what you did. You chose to deal with the extra cost so you could play sooner. Others waited, even ones who are dying to play KI, and now they have a cheeper sku available to them.
I dont know what youre actually responding to, but its nothing in my posts.

Of course MS doesnt 'owe' me anything, what an empty and unnecessary claim.. I said I hope we get something free because a lot of us see it as a disingenuous move to lower the price and drop the Kinect so soon. You disagree? Ok, well thats the end of this argument. And TBH if you dont own an xbone (maybe you do) why are you even in this thread? Just to troll people who already do?

hwalker84

Of course MS doesnt 'owe' me anything, what an empty and unnecessary claim.. I said I hope we get something free because a lot of us see it as a disingenuous move to lower the price and drop the Kinect so soon. You disagree? Ok, well thats the end of this argument. And TBH if you dont own an xbone why are you even in this thread. Just to troll people who already do?

They should've built a mic array and threw that in for the $399 model. Kinect is useless for gaming but amazing for voice controls.

tapedeck

They should've built a mic array and threw that in for the $399 model. Kinect is useless for gaming but amazing for voice controls.
Yeah the voice controls are actually very useful, they could have had just had that at 399 with the headset from the start. Ugh.

Skab

Ahahaha what? Nothing in your posts?

We arent even a year into the console and they dump the MAIN FEATURE they were pimping that I didnt want or care about, drop the price 100 bucks and Im supposed to just say "WELL THATS BUSINESS LOLOL" I like many others in this thread bought the system for KI and just dealt with the extra cost.

What is this then? Because it sounds an awful lot like you being upset that you got the system for KI even though you didn't want the kinect. And now there is a kinectless version for cheaper, and you for some reason feel that MS should give you free shit.

But clearly this is a waste of time because you have no actual argument, so I'm done with you.

tapedeck

Ahahaha what? Nothing in your posts?

What is this then? Because it sounds an awful lot like you being upset that you got the system for KI even though you didn't want the kinect. And now there is a kinectless version for cheaper, and you for some reason feel that MS should give you free shit.

But clearly this is a waste of time because you have no actual argument, so I'm done with you.
Oh lawd.

In the English language (which Im going to assume is your first language, if not then I understand your lack of reading comprehension)..."owe" is not the same as "want". And yes Im upset and want something free, why the hell do you think I bothered posting. And Im curious if you actually own an xbox one, if not wth are you doing here?

Anywho, have a blessed day.

DrDogg

I would be surprised if Kim Wu makes it.

If we assume season 2 will have 8 characters like season 1, it would be shameful to not have the entire cast of KI1 and 2 playable by the end of season 2 (sans boss characters). There are 6 KI classic characters remaining, which would still leave room for 2 brand new characters.

There are fans of Kim Wu (she was my main in KI2), just like there are fans of every other character. No one should have to wait to play those characters in an unconfirmed season 3.

Hey I'm a fighting game player not a scholar :p

I have this bad feeling we are going to lose some of the KI 2 cast in favor of new characters / push them to season 3. Would be a completely shitty move but it wouldn't surprise me since they already left out a returning cast member in the first season in favor of Sadira and they didn't even know if there would be a season 2 at that point.

I don't think Sadira fits in the new KI at all, but we got her instead of what could've been Combo or Cinder (two huge fan favorites). If something like that happens again, it would be ridiculous. No way I see that happening...

Orchid is a killer, people sleep on her way too much.

I think every character has some crazy shenanigans going on. It's just that some require a lot more work to get to those shenanigans (Spinal). Orchid is extremely dangerous...

They have to give us more than one character at E3. I can see perhaps only having one playable (or none playable), but I think we'll "see" at least three characters. E3 is basically the way they're announcing season two to the masses. You can't make that kind of announcement with only one character.

They already gave KI out to tons of people for free just before the launch of the Xbox One. A bunch of people also got free games in Europe, and anyone who purchased the Titanfall bundle basically got that game for free. Granted, I didn't get any of those promotions, but I don't think it's unfair to early adopters.

I still don't own a PS4 because there are no games I want to play that are exclusive to the system. I'm not playing KI nearly as much these days as I used to (because I don't have a main), but I do not regret my purchase or the price I paid. I knew what I was doing when I bought the console.

Skab

Oh lawd.

In the English language (which Im going to assume is your first language, if not then I understand your lack of reading comprehension)..."owe" is not the same as "want". And yes Im upset and want something free, why the hell do you think I bothered posting. And Im curious if you actually own an xbox one, if not wth are you doing here?

Anywho, have a blessed day.

Whether or not I own the system has nothing to do with this argument. I'm here for KI. If you think everyone in this thread owns a Xbox One, then you're mistaken.

Your original post came off as whiny and self entitled, and you asked for free shit. Hence my use of the word "owe."

Edit: This has been a very stupid back and forth.

You're mad because you payed for a kenict, think its a big FU to customers, and want free stuff for it.

I disagree.

The end. Let's move on.

I can't contain the hype, i'm excited for E3! It just makes me wonder if we will see the touch up of Iron Galaxy in the trailer.

Especially with new stages coming around as well. I'm mostly curious on what we will get for Combo.

May Pin Challenge is here!

KI_firecat_pin.jpg

Pin Ultimate fans, this month’s pin challenge rewards you with the awesome Firecat pin!

Here’s how you can get one:
Remember that Pin challenges only apply to owners of the KI Pin Ultimate Edition Defeat Eyedol in Killer Instinct Classic with ANY 2 characters (unlock the achievement for defeating Eyedol with that character). Wait for us to email you a promo code, mid June.Easy enough, right?

Finally, be on the lookout for Penny Arcade’s great rendition of Orchid, our next character pin, available for purchase later this month as well.
Good luck!

Source

I just checked and there's no new achievement for this...so I'm not sure how they're tracking it.

Nori Chan

May Pin Challenge is here!

Source

I just checked and there's no new achievement for this...so I'm not sure how they're tracking it.

I already have defeated Eyedol with Orchid, Cinder, Fulgore, Saberwulf so hopefully I don't have to do much now :)

Also where would the fight stick and sadira pin be?

TheMikeRobles

Neo Member
Hey everyone! TheMikeRobles (CM for MS on KI) here with an update. For the pin challenge we'll be looking at your achievements. If you've already defeated Eyedol with two characters and have the achievements, you're all set!

Also because we started this challenge late, we're extending the deadline! This challenge will run through 6/15!

Thanks!

Nori Chan

Hey everyone! TheMikeRobles (CM for MS on KI) here with an update. For the pin challenge we'll be looking at your achievements. If you've already defeated Eyedol with two characters and have the achievements, you're all set!

Also because we started this challenge late, we're extending the deadline! This challenge will run through 6/15!

Thanks!
Awesome to have you on gaf, everyone in this thread is a big fan of KI, old and new, and are glad to have another member of the team here.

Also when are the sadira and fight stick be up so we can buy it :)

So, since i've been playing pretty non-stop since i finished finals and need to practice, any Gaffers wanna do a lobby and throw around some matches?

Also, i fully suspect there to be something at EVO. I think MS knows how big that place is for their people still playing and buying the game, and even more so now that Iron Galaxy is the one developing for it.

hwalker84

So, since i've been playing pretty non-stop since i finished finals and need to practice, any Gaffers wanna do a lobby and throw around some matches?

Also, i fully suspect there to be something at EVO. I think MS knows how big that place is for their people still playing and buying the game, and even more so now that Iron Galaxy is the one developing for it.

I'd be down one day with playing you guys for an hour or so.

I need to get an X1 already, I will hopefully get one for my birthday.. D: I'm too poor for such things, that i'm depending on my special day for it. lol.

Then i'll be able to play you guys all day! But watch out for my Thunder! ;)

Thanks!

Awesome!!! Pin challenge already completed. :)

My gamertag: EteRnal PAL

If anyone adds me, I'll see it and follow you back so we can do some KI matches. At work at the moment but I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to do some lobby matches.

bumpkin

Thanks!
Sweet!

I don't know if you can answer this.. I bought the Ultimate Edition a month or two ago (when it was on sale at the MS Store), installed the add-on from XBL and registered on a FAQ page I found via KIC, but still haven't received any email confirmation that I'm good to go with challenges. Is there anyone I can contact to follow up?

Thanks!

Good to see you on GAF, welcome! Thanks for the clarification, already have the challenge completed.

DrDogg

We've already got confirmation that KI news will come out of both E3 and Evo.

Top Bottom