• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Silky

Banned
#Silkyisfasterthantheflash :(

tumblr_n5jdk9djiz1qj87vao1_250.png

derFeef

Yeah I thought it was odd they were identifying it as a leak when Adam confirmed they would be at E3 and EVO on a stream some weeks ago. I guess because he didn't out and say "We are showing Season 2 at E3" it's a leak? lol.

The communication between MS and IG is top notch so far.

The Flash

Banned
So with developers becoming more familiar with Xbox One hardware do you guys think that Season 2 will get a resolution bump or more effects or whatever?

Does anyone else STILL get put in jail even though they have never rage quit?

So many months on and the experience of this amazing game is utterly ruined by the platform and the shoddy QA

I get freezes on the character VS screen, booted from games when I doubt either player is rage quitting, and now tossed in jail.

The only reason I bought an Xbox One --- and it has been nothing but fucking misery this whole time.

I cannot be the only one having such a broken experience?

.la1n

I've had the game freeze on the VS screen several times but but not nearly as much since the latest patch. It has happened post patch but it seems much less frequent. As for the jail system, I've honestly forgotten it existed as I've never had any problems with it. I have read other users are experiencing similar issues as you with it.

Does anyone else STILL get put in jail even though they have never rage quit?

So many months on and the experience of this amazing game is utterly ruined by the platform and the shoddy QA

I get freezes on the character VS screen, booted from games when I doubt either player is rage quitting, and now tossed in jail.

The only reason I bought an Xbox One --- and it has been nothing but fucking misery this whole time.

I cannot be the only one having such a broken experience?

I actually do have this exact same issue. No idea what it is to be honest, but you aren't alone.

I might have posted this before, I don't really remember.

Do we know why they got rid of the head movements with the characters? Watching some Max's older videos you can see Sabrewulf's head follow Sadira's movement...but this isn't present in the final game. Here's an example.

derFeef

Do we know why they got rid of the head movements with the characters? Watching some Max's older videos you can see Sabrewulf's head follow Sadira's movement...but this isn't present in the final game. Here's an example.

Oh wow I never noticed, would be nice to know. And nice to have it back, was a nice touch.

.la1n

Head tracking, most games have that. No idea why KI didn't keep it, looks goofy without it.

bumpkin

I think Combo is all but a lock because Mick was posting on Twitter that he was looking for good rappers a few months back.

Coda

Money issues?

Haha well it's always an issue but I'm just selling it because it's more of a home entertainment console and I like to bring my consoles around with me (hence why I love the portability of the Wii U). I also feel like it's not going to have anything to offer me in the near future. I'll pick one up again when they do a smaller redesign if a good selection of games comes out on it.

I had a lot of fun playing Killer Instinct though, just wasn't enough to justify having a big black box for one game.

The Flash

Banned
Haha well it's always an issue but I'm just selling it because it's more of a home entertainment console and I like to bring my consoles around with me (hence why I love the portability of the Wii U). I also feel like it's not going to have anything to offer me in the near future. I'll pick one up again when they do a smaller redesign if a good selection of games comes out on it.

I had a lot of fun playing Killer Instinct though, just wasn't enough to justify having a big black box for one game.

We'll miss you

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm more hyped about Season 2 than anything I can ever remember for an E3 conference. Combo/Cinder, new UI/features and maybe more/better/fixed outfits? HNNNNNG. And Comcast is coming to hook up our TV/internet Monday morning at our new pad, gonna try to get off work early but I'll still miss seeing it live : ( I'm gonna avoid GAF like the plague till I've watched the whole thing.

Defect

I just got MK on steam (double dip) and I'm using the Xbone controller.

Holy shit it is so confusing now. KI made me bad at MK :( I keep trying to link my combos.

.la1n

I would love if they fixed up every little detail to the classic costumes.

Wouldn't bet on it, they probably think they are fine the way the are / don't want to devote resources to something that is "completed." I actually understand both points of view.

DrDogg

I'm more hyped about Season 2 than anything I can ever remember for an E3 conference. Combo/Cinder, new UI/features and maybe more/better/fixed outfits? HNNNNNG. And Comcast is coming to hook up our TV/internet Monday morning at our new pad, gonna try to get off work early but I'll still miss seeing it live : ( I'm gonna avoid GAF like the plague till I've watched the whole thing.

Honestly, I'm not expecting much more than the characters and a No Mercy (maybe a Humiliation) at the MS presser. Assuming a new build is playable on the show floor, we may get to see some UI changes, but I wouldn't count on seeing anything "fixed" from S1 until late S2, if at all.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If they follow last reveal... 3 characters

-combo
-cinder
-riptor

-maya
-tusk
-kim wu

My guess is either combo or cinder, tusk and a new character at reveal. One of the OG characters will be left for EVO and the last one for pre launch.

Everyone but Maya gets into season 2 (imo)

i swear i have nothing against maya

ok maybe i do

.la1n

TJ Combo is a safe bet. I know Cinder was high on the popularity polls so I'm sure we will see him at some point.

Top Bottom