• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Timu

original

DrDogg

I'd be shocked if anyone from Season 2 is playable already. That would mean Double Helix was pretty far along with Season 2 before the sale.

As already mentioned, IG started development before the sale, plus I imagine character #9 was already in development at DHG, so IG wouldn't even be starting from scratch. I would be fairly disappointed if there isn't at least one new character playable... and it needs to be TJ Combo.

I won't be there until Wednesday though, so I'll watch the IGN stream to see what they show off (although I'd like to see a trailer at the MS press conference).

Dai101

Banned
Pretty sure he has had access to E3 for quite some time now, I am sure he will be there this year. I know he has been attending the show the last few years if not longer.

Let's pester Major Nelson to give him a pass for the E3 Conference.

.la1n

Let's pester Major Nelson to give him a pass for the E3 Conference.

Haha, Max is a great guy and I do want to see his impressions but I am sure Major Nelson giving him a pass will just raise the amount of people he has to deal with that already think he has an agenda with some titles.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My Season 2 hype-o-meter is tingling. God damn I can't wait to see what IG does with TJ Combo and Cinder.

Heatshade

Neo Member
My guess is they show 3 characters like last E3. Two of them will be the old KI cast and one new character.
Gives them continued hype to release more old KI characters after E3.
Would be cool anyway! =)

DrDogg

My Season 2 hype-o-meter is tingling. God damn I can't wait to see what IG does with TJ Combo and Cinder.

E3 could make or break KI for me. As good as the game is, if I don't have a main, it's just not fun for me to play. I thought that would be Spinal, but the "power up" gimmick and his terribad normals killed that for me. If Combo isn't super frame-trap heavy... or at least a normal character (not a grappler and no power up stuff), I just don't know if I'll care anymore.

.la1n

Are they the rumored ones to be shown first?

We honestly have no idea what will be shown outside of Mick looking for a male rap artist a while back that we thought could be a link to TJ Combo. If there are new characters shown before returning cast I don't know if I can be assed to care, just seems very disingenuous to the fan base of the game. It's not like Tekken, Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter where we've had multiple entries and they want to change up the cast, this is only the third KI title. I'm still a little bothered that anyone ever thought it was a good idea to have a new character in Season 1.

SegaShack

We honestly have no idea what will be shown outside of Mick looking for a male rap artist a while back that we thought could be a link to TJ Combo. If there are new characters shown before returning cast I don't know if I can be assed to care, just seems very disingenuous to the fan base of the game. It's not like Tekken, Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter where we've had multiple entries and they want to change up the cast, this is only the third KI title. I'm still a little bothered that anyone ever thought it was a good idea to have a new character in Season 1.
It was more than 15 years between KI2 and 3. It would have been silly not to have some new character.

.la1n

It was more than 15 years between KI2 and 3. It would have been silly not to have some new character.

Actually the 15 year wait and reintroduction of the franchise should have meant even more attention to the original cast, but that is just my opinion as someone that grew up with it. I don't expect everyone to feel the same and I know there are a lot of people who could probably care less if the original cast was back or not.

With Season 2 listed on IGN's streaming schedule I'm guessing they'll follow the same format as last year's E3.

Last year they showed Jago, Sabrewulf and Glacius with the first two being playable. My expectations are that they'll show Cinder, Riptor and TJ Combo with Cinder and Riptor being playable. I'd also guess that the first new character for S2 will be the first character they announce after E3.

Pure speculation obviously but those are my expectations.

With Season 2 listed on IGN's streaming schedule I'm guessing they'll follow the same format as last year's E3.

Last year they showed Jago, Sabrewulf and Glacius with the first two being playable. My expectations are that they'll show Cinder, Riptor and TJ Combo with Cinder and Riptor being playable. I'd also guess that the first new character for S2 will be the first character they announce after E3.

I'd bet the first three are TJ Combo, Riptor, and Maya or Kim Wu. I think they'll save Cinder for second to last with the last being Aria.

I want two new characters in S2. I love the old characters and want them back but if I were to only have old characters, I'd ask myself why I am playing it instead of the original. I dont want to play as the same characters every time. I want new life to be introduced along with old characters to keep each installment fresh. Sadira was a great addition in S1. Her play style is great. She fit in perfectly in the universe.

Khezu

How big is Iron Galaxy anyway?

Recently Dave mentioned he is working on 12 games currently.

I know they are the type of studio that just helps a lot of different publishers and devs finish their games, but that still seems like a lot.

DrDogg

I want two new characters in S2. I love the old characters and want them back but if I were to only have old characters, I'd ask myself why I am playing it instead of the original. I dont want to play as the same characters every time. I want new life to be introduced along with old characters to keep each installment fresh. Sadira was a great addition in S1. Her play style is great. She fit in perfectly in the universe.

If we assume we're getting another 8 characters, then you're confirmed to get 2 new ones (unless one of those 8 is Shadow Jago, Eyedol, or Gargos).

That said, Sadira does not fit in with KI. In fact, she's what I dislike most about the game right now. She's an aerial character in a game that doesn't allow for significant aerial damage. Let me knock her out of the air, causing a stun on the ground so I get a full combo, then we can talk about how well she fits.

If we see a new character before at least one KI2 character, I will be disappointed. I expect two new characters in S2, but I want to see a KI2 character. I think showing off a KI2 character should take precedence over showing off a new character.

Are you saying that we won't see Riptor next week? We most definitely will. Faith! :p

Also, awesome drawing! He looks fierce. ^^

Thanks! I think we will too. That's why I wanted to crank it out now lol.

Two things I noticed while researching and doing this one:

1. Riptor takes up a HUGE amount of real estate on the screen. As a hunched over character with such a huge tail, I imagine that's a unique problem getting the silhouette and size right from a technical perspective. I bet that was one of the reasons we didn't see her in S1.

2, They're going to have a lot of fun with the alt colors. Accessories too (I want feathers!).

DrDogg

Huh, we been known that it will be at e3.

^This. It's been confirmed for a good while that we'll get KI S2 news/announcements at E3 and Evo. Not sure why they're referencing it as a leak.

Ideally, I want to see three characters and a No Mercy. I think that would be the peak of hype.

...and a Humiliation.

^This. It's been confirmed for a good while that we'll get KI S2 news/announcements at E3 and Evo. Not sure why they're referencing it as a leak.

Ideally, I want to see three characters and a No Mercy. I think that would be the peak of hype.

...and a Humiliation.

Same format as last year with No Mercy instead of Ultra would be great. After the KI logo pops up, fade to black and then Mike/Chris yelling "HUMILIATION!" and showing one would be amazing.

.la1n

...and a Humiliation.

Yeah I thought it was odd they were identifying it as a leak when Adam confirmed they would be at E3 and EVO on a stream some weeks ago. I guess because he didn't out and say "We are showing Season 2 at E3" it's a leak? lol.

Top Bottom