• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

def sim

ibevxif5RlPEGX.gif

i8xoWDKZ7n5D.gif

DrDogg

So while CoD is on, I have some time to really comment.

First off, the design is horrible. Everything from the goatee to the outfit to the flattop. It just doesn't look good. But that's okay because I don't care how he looks.

I'm really, really, really concerned about that blue power up thing we saw. I'm already having flashbacks to Fulgore and Spinal, but we'll see what happens when people get their hands on him. I saw him roll, so I like that. He also seems to have a decent juggle ender so maybe some easy damage too (like Sadira).

I'll be at E3 Wed and Thurs, so I'll play as much as I can and get some impressions going, but I'm definitely concerned.

Yeah, I don't like that costume at all lol. Stage looks cool though.

That's Fulgore's stage.

kodecraft

Man, I don't like TJ Combo's look at all. I like his attitude though and he was my main in Killer Instinct 1 and Killer Instinct 2/Gold.

I got my own ideas on how TJ should look and fight.

And he shouldn't have power-ups. That blue glow makes me sad.

TJ Combo is back! I'm liking the way he looks. Not as buff as I was expecting, but that's what the classic costume is for, right?

I can't make heads or tails of his playstyle yet, but one thing I am pretty sure of is that blue glow is his instinct mode. I doubt he's a character who buffs himself.

.la1n

I imagine they still have some work to put into the design so there is still time to make improvements there because honestly it's not that great. Play style looks interesting so can't wait to read some hands on impressions. His stage looks pretty great too although I would have preferred a throwback to the boxing ring.

edit: finally was able to watch the trailer in HD on a decent screen: stage does look great, lots of little details in there. Combo's design isn't as bad as I thought, I actually like what they are going with. Amazing what a difference going from my cell phone to seeing it on the desktop does.

Khezu

Combo is a little underwhelming.
I don't really like the way he looks or moves.

Hopefully he looks better in proper gameplay later this week.

KI Season 2 Fact Sheet

Developer – Iron Galaxy
Genre – Fighting
Platform- Xbox One

Game Description
Killer Instinct: Season 2, is on it’s way! Killer Instinct brings intense fighting game action with a wild cast of characters, massive ultra combos, and C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERS! Challenge opponents locally or in intense online battles. Season 2 will bring many new characters, features, modes, and content to the fight. Players can try KI for free with free rotating characters, modes and customization content.

Game Features
8 fighters join the battle, featuring both new and classic characters!
Enhanced combo system with Aerial Recapture! Keep racking up your combo from the ground to the air or vice-versa!
Many new features, customizations, and content for both multiplayer and single player, including a new, sleek, intuitive interface.

Aerial recapture? Is that a response to Sadira?

For real though. I wasn't planning on doing TJ fan art because I thought he wouldn't look as good as what we were getting today. Suffice to say, look for my TJ Combo fan art later this week lol.

kodecraft

Aerial recapture? Is that a response to Sadira?

For real though. I wasn't planning on doing TJ fan art because I thought he wouldn't look as good as what we were getting today. Suffice to say, look for my TJ Combo fan art later this week lol.

Make him "Mayweather-ish", lean, defensive and fast....looking. I'm looking forward to fan art now that that the reveal of TJ Combo is still so "Action Jackson"-ish.

I can't wait for the Season to end! Gah. I'm so damn excited! :)

TJ Combo is looks okay, but happy as hell that he has a goatee. It's what I asked for. Haha. He looks pretty damn fun as well, I can't wait for his accessories, I know boxing gloves will be a thing. :p

That Cinder was also damn great, I can't wait for EVO to see him. :D

Chairhome

Combo was my dude in past KIs. Hope he plays pretty similarly. I don't like the new look either, but hopefully he has some good accessories.

Silky

Banned
Guessing the scars on his wounds are supposedly from the cybernetic implants he removed?

Also Combo's always had the flat-top.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
so just to remind you all

3:20 pm EST on IGN tomorrow
2:40 pm EST on twitch wednesday

though I am sure Max will give us Q&A/shaky cam/whatever tomorrow night

Delt31

reaction is slight disappointment in the design. goatee? I'll hold off to respond though until I see some gameplay. Trailer left a lot to be desired. Just hope he's smooth in his movements

EDIT - looking at those HD pics - the design of combo compared to jago looks so much simpler. yes jago is more detailed by nature but just a tank top? It could have been so much more even if they wanted to retain the classic look.

.la1n

Like I predicted it doesn't look like Iron Galaxy will have the same amount characters ready for the launch of Season 2 as Double Helix did with Season 1.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Finally got home to watch the conference..and no KI lol. Anyway Combo looks...ok I guess? I dunno his face seems kinda odd. Curious to see what some of his accesories look like. I NEED to see Cinder.

Nori Chan

Combo looks okay to me, but there's not really that much flare you can give to a regular boxer lol

Cinder would've been a better reveal tbh, at least he'll be hyped

Skab

You know, the more I watch the trailer and digest it all, the more I have come to like Combo's design.

Also, yeah, why didn't this get it's own thread?

Top Bottom