• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

I think Cinder's popularity (+ technical realities) means he'll be second to last. They'll hold him ala Fulgore. I'd say he would be last if not for Aria.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Honestly, I'm not expecting much more than the characters and a No Mercy (maybe a Humiliation) at the MS presser. Assuming a new build is playable on the show floor, we may get to see some UI changes, but I wouldn't count on seeing anything "fixed" from S1 until late S2, if at all.
I can't hear you over all this hype.

youre probably right

This may be old news, I'm not sure, but I just noticed it.

At some point they added 3 new challenges to KI. One ongoing now to perform 50 combo breakers, one that starts in 22 days to defeat 8 different characters in online matches and one that starts in 53 days to perform 15 ultras.

Just figured it was worth a heads up.

Silky

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

mbmonk

I broke down and bought the game yesterday. I am glad I did; I am really enjoying it. I can't wait to hear what is in store for KI @ E3. :)

DrDogg

If they follow last reveal... 3 characters

-combo
-cinder
-riptor

-maya
-tusk
-kim wu

My guess is either combo or cinder, tusk and a new character at reveal. One of the OG characters will be left for EVO and the last one for pre launch.

Everyone but Maya gets into season 2 (imo)

i swear i have nothing against maya

ok maybe i do

I could care less about Maya, but I would still be pretty disappointed if we get through two seasons of KI and don't have all of the KI1/2 characters (aside from bosses). To me, that's just a slap in the face to the original fans.

You can't fit all of the characters in season one, so while I'm not a fan of Sadira, I understood her inclusion. When we get to 16 characters (maybe 17 with S. Jago) by the end of season two, there's simply no excuse to miss any of the 13 original characters.

13 characters from KI1/2 + Sadira + 2 more original characters + maybe S. Jago.

I see no problems with that roster.

bumpkin

Am I the only one who got the Ultimate or Ultra Edition and hasn't really played KI Classic at all?

With it being the topic of the latest pin challenge (ending June 15th), I decided to fire it up and give kicking Eyedol's ass twice a go. Good god, I forgot how ridiculously cheap he was. I must have spent at least a half hour to 45 minutes trying to beat him over and over with each character (used TJ Combo and Orchid). It probably didn't help that I couldn't string a combo together to save my life, but that's beside the point. What a cheap asshole!

At any rate, I'm still without email confirmation that my Pin Ultimate registration is good to go. Aside from Twitter or PM, is there any other way I can reach out to Mike Robles to follow up? I'd really like to get the full benefit of having bought the uber edition. :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Bumpkin: I haven't played it much. It pretty much just takes the things I dislike in modern KI, and magnifies and makes them all the more annoying, really. Also I don't find it to feel too great in the control aspect, with the default controller, whereas I can live with it for modern KI.

Also got to play KI2 on freeplay on the actual Cabinet at local anime con a few weeks back; Most I took away from that was "Puddle punches in the air!", haha. I'm so glad modern KI cuts down on the "different for the sake of different" execution motions, like DB, D, DF. Not fun to do on old arcade joysticks that are ages old, surely...

---

I've been thinking about how I feel for E3 KI... my Hype is overcome by uneasiness, really. New devteam slotted into a game I currently enjoy... will they do justice to what I like? Or head off on a direction to magnify what I dislike? After seeing SO MUCH of DH and the Microsoft team since the game started it's great amount of previews, It just feels really weird to suddenly be expecting the work of others to fill familiar, well-worn shoes.

I'll be quite glad when we know what's coming, and can start dealing with and discussing it, however. I really want to see what the next grappler-style character will end up being like. I pretty much got all my first and second-tier faves of KI within Season 1, and I think most of KI2's character need strong re-designs to really be stand-outs, so I'm not looking forward to them like I was with the long wait to Thunder.

I wish they'd do something like "Season 1.5", and make some of the content that'll be presented at E3 available to play by those who already own the game too. The new version of Xbox's "Bringing it Home"!

JUST a few more hours.... Just a few...

.la1n

Three and a half hours to go and it's conference time, unfortunately I am not sure if I will get to watch live because I do have to be in the office for a short shift today. Hoping I can make it home in time, watching live is always the most enjoyable part of these things.

dankir

Three and a half hours to go and it's conference time, unfortunately I am not sure if I will get to watch live because I do have to be in the office for a short shift today. Hoping I can make it home in time, watching live is always the most enjoyable part of these things.

Or you can just tune into this thread. I'm pretty sure there's going to be tons of posts once they reveal Season 2. Things like:

"asdasdfsdfsdfsafsdf"

"OMFG"

and such and such.

Hate his design...

STILL HYPE AS FUCK!

Yeah, not a fan of his design. I would have built off his KI2 design instead of generic basketball looking uniform. The KI2 design had a pretty cool post apocalyptic Escape From NY vibe going for it. An eye patch better be one of the accessories.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hm. I like what I saw of his stage. Though I feel like I barely got to focus on it.

Looks pretty 'Rog like in some ways (That corckscrew uppercut Ultra 1 like ender).

I like his "This time, I'm gonna do it RIGHT!" personality. Sounds a bit better than his older "dumb boxer that keeps messin' up" personality from before. Balrog didn't seem to progress much, this Combo seems more like Heavy D!, so works out for me.

Cinder tease works out nice. Would be nice to see more, but this seems like a realistic amount to expect from a game that got shifted to a new studio. And the fact we'll actually see him played is great too.

Good stuff.

Top Bottom