• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

We should be getting a pretty good story mode in this season, or at least way better than what we have now. So, i'm looking forward to what will become of it.

hwalker84

We should be getting a pretty good story mode in this season, or at least way better than what we have now. So, i'm looking forward to what will become of it.

I love the KI and Mortal Kombat lore. Really would love a backstory linker to the previous games. I do hope the story mode is much improved.

I love the KI and Mortal Kombat lore. Really would love a backstory linker to the previous games. I do hope the story mode is much improved.

They should honestly do that, it'd be pretty cool. I'm pretty sure that it'll be really improved upon. But the question is, in what way will they take the story mode in?

I mean they have plenty of time to think it out, since it'll most likely come out once the final character of Season 2 is released.

I also hope there's some actual scene that go on, that would last more than a few second. Same with a rival cut scene. ^^

Edit: That $10,000 pot bonus added to Killer Instinct for EVO.

Anyone know how to fix this
Trying to invite someone and for some reason I can't connect to them or them to me. They send me an invite and I get no prompt in the game that I've been invited. I've left party and multiplayer and reset my router. My NAT type is open etc etc.
How do I fix this? It's a shitty way of doing online and I've had this problem with a few people for a while now.

hwalker84

Trying to invite someone and for some reason I can't connect to them or them to me. They send me an invite and I get no prompt in the game that I've been invited. I've left party and multiplayer and reset my router. My NAT type is open etc etc.
How do I fix this? It's a shitty way of doing online and I've had this problem with a few people for a while now.
Is their Nat open?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Have you tried inviting them in a lobby? I had this problem and the only way to fix this was to go into lobby mode instead of regular exhibition match.

I'm thinking about going to my local arcade to go to one of their weekly KI tournaments, feel like putting my sadira to the test.

abadguy

Banned
By chance i got to fight CD Jr in a few games of KI before the release of the X1. Needless to say i got my ass handed to me quite soundly.

Allforce

Is there anyway to upgrade from the 20 dollar versio to the 40 dollar "Ultra" with all the costumes for a fee? Or are you stuck paying the full 40 bucks?

The previous owner of the XBO I bought purchased the basic 20 dollar "Combo Breaker" edition to unlock all the characters but I'd like to buy the costumes and play the original KI.

.la1n

Is there anyway to upgrade from the 20 dollar versio to the 40 dollar "Ultra" with all the costumes for a fee? Or are you stuck paying the full 40 bucks?

The previous owner of the XBO I bought purchased the basic 20 dollar "Combo Breaker" edition to unlock all the characters but I'd like to buy the costumes and play the original KI.

They had an upgrade "special deal" on the store at one time but I do not think it was a permanent thing. Really strange.

Silky

Banned
Mick Gordon Vine.

Cinder's theme? KI related at all?

https://vine.co/v/MFlPgEvUzDI

U`ni*bran"chi*ate\, a. [Uni- + branchiate.] (Zo["o]l.) Having but one gill, as certain molluscs.

...snail character in KI?

Wait:

BMyp3aUCYAAaiIXjpglarge_zps99db0447.jpg

????

There were three characters, right?

The snail, huge rag doll with pins all over it's body, and I forget.

Also, we'll soon see what Cinder is all about! ;3 Next week is EVO!

Skab

There were three characters, right?

The snail, huge rag doll with pins all over it's body, and I forget.

Also, we'll soon see what Cinder is all about! ;3 Next week is EVO!

There was that semi-organic fulgore guy.

You know, putting someone like Mollusca in is EXACTLY the type of thing I would expect from they guys over at IG. (The Baz in Divekick, anyone?)

I kind of really want it to happen now.

malfcn

For me the Marketplace Store said I could download the Day One KI with Shadow Jago. Opened it and it updated the game and nothing new unlocked. What happened?

There was that semi-organic fulgore guy.

You know, putting someone like Mollusca in is EXACTLY the type of thing I would expect from they guys over at IG. (The Baz in Divekick, anyone?)

I kind of really want it to happen now.

Hah. I wouldn't have remembered, but yeah the Fulgore copy that would be based on gas. Would have been more interesting if it wasn't based on Fulgore.

I fill that such a thing would be so out of place. XP Especially since it be given a body.

If I had to expect something from IG, it would be that they create the Vampire, to make it an actual thing. I still believe!

Thanks!! Seriously, every time I see that art of Riptor, the more I fall in love with it. I hope she ends up looking like that. D:

1239832_557249167673134_1863900761_n_zpsd39d2bde.jpg

Skab

Thanks!! Seriously, every time I see that art of Riptor, the more I fall in love with it. I hope she ends up looking like that. D:

1239832_557249167673134_1863900761_n_zpsd39d2bde.jpg

I love this look. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Riptor. Everyone always says he's a raptor when he is really supposed to be more snake like/reptilian like he is in that art. (He even has a cobra hood in the original KI, just only pops up during one of his no mercy's)

I also can't wait to see what Mick does with his theme. I know it will probably be different, but his theme is one of my favorite tracks from the original game.

malfcn

The Day One with Shago for free didn't work. Found the Pin bundle on the store too. They say free or unavailable. But it's just the regular free version.

malfcn

Glacius noob, didn't know you could hold hail while you were doing a combo. Finding ways to store it up must be advanced, like Yuri. Right?

And Xbox Pause/Play works in KI?
Played this like crazy at launch, and still learning things.

I love this look. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with Riptor. Everyone always says he's a raptor when he is really supposed to be more snake like/reptilian like he is in that art. (He even has a cobra hood in the original KI, just only pops up during one of his no mercy's)

I also can't wait to see what Mick does with his theme. I know it will probably be different, but his theme is one of my favorite tracks from the original game.

Yeah, I really hope that they take that design.. I can't see anything else, it's perfect! At least just make it as similar. :c Riptor was always meant to be the Dino/Snake/Human DNA beast. Then after, give me my blue color option. :p

I'm pretty curious as to what Mick would do with Riptor's theme as well.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Finally unlocked Fulgore's color 4 last night (the 150 fight titles one), soooo damn good. Fulgore in white is the best look in the game IMO.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I actually really love the blue/gold Fulgore, something about it just makes him look so damn fierce to me. But congratulations!
Oh yeah that color is boss too, especially with the gold dreads accessory.

Im desperate for KI news

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think we're all desperate for some KI news.. But just a week left! Once EVO comes around.. I hope we can see what Cinder will look like. :)

Adam Isgreen tweeted that they will have more streams post evo

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ishmae1/status/484807080000253952

Says they will have lots to discuss... So to me that sounds like they will be showing a lot more than just cinder. Probably the new mechanics, no mercy/stage enders/modes and stuff

Adam Isgreen tweeted that they will have more streams post evo

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ishmae1/status/484807080000253952

Says they will have lots to discuss... So to me that sounds like they will be showing a lot more than just cinder. Probably the new mechanics, no mercy/stage enders/modes and stuff

Snap! I definitely cannot wait till the news drops! This is seriously going to be the best possible thing.I'll be stuck on it for a good while, TJ Combo videos go through a lot. Haha.

I wonder how the Ultimates will look like when fully finished. Will characters actually get split in half, an amount of blood shown?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Snap! I definitely cannot wait till the news drops! This is seriously going to be the best possible thing.I'll be stuck on it for a good while, TJ Combo videos go through a lot. Haha.

I wonder how the Ultimates will look like when fully finished. Will characters actually get split in half, an amount of blood shown?

I wager that the ultimates and no mercy moves will just be fancy looking animations much like shadow jago or comedic like some of the stuff in old KI

The game was already rated T, so I wouldn't expect anything crazy otherwise is just makes things annoying across seasons... Pushing it could force a 're-rating as it's one executable and just imagine the disaster that would cause.

Then there's the issue with parents and second season being vastly more inappropriate to children... Something a parent would be pissed at if they blind buy.

Top Bottom