• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Mostly because it takes nothing from the original character design that made it iconic to begin with. Also the whole "average joe" take on the character is dumb in a fighting game where people want to play as larger than life super hero type characters. People expected something like Thunder where it's a "human" character but properties are exaggerated, like you see in Street Fighter for instance. He looks like he belongs in an EA Sports UFC game more than Killer Instinct.

Yea, I think just making him taller and bigger would help a lot. His overall size should be between Jago and Thunder IMO, I think he's pretty much the same size as Jago atm.

Don't think so, looks like just motion blur from the off screen photo making the MMA gloves look larger.

Dammit. I got excited for a moment.

Yea, I think just making him taller and bigger would help a lot. His overall size should be between Jago and Thunder IMO, I think he's pretty much the same size as Jago atm.

Jago is definitely a lot bigger, after so many videos over and over. lol. TJ Combo just needs a little more something to make him stand out.

Mostly because it takes nothing from the original character design that made it iconic to begin with. Also the whole "average joe" take on the character is dumb in a fighting game where people want to play as larger than life super hero type characters. People expected something like Thunder where it's a "human" character but properties are exaggerated, like you see in Street Fighter for instance. He looks like he belongs in an EA Sports UFC game more than Killer Instinct.

Pretty much. Plus from far away he reads more like a basketball player than anything else.

Ont

It is very easy for them to add boxing gloves and eyepatch as accessories for TJ Combo. Also I would expect that his classic costume will look lot more like Mike Tyson during his prime.

.la1n

It is very easy for them to add boxing gloves and eyepatch as accessories for TJ Combo. Also I would expect that his classic costume will look lot more like Mike Tyson during his prime.

Eye patch and boxing gloves are the least of the problems with the new design.

Durock

Some changes:

-When you come around from the power slide, before you'd have to hit a manual to continue the combo. You can still do that, but now you can also do an auto-double, making it easier.

-He has 3 color options now, each a bit different.

-His Ultra Combo is in the game! Still in progress but very, very cool. Will try and get a video for you all.

-Does not have facial animations as of yet.

Some changes:

-When you come around from the power slide, before you'd have to hit a manual to continue the combo. You can still do that, but now you can also do an auto-double, making it easier.

-His Ultra Combo is in the game! Still in progress but very, very cool. Will try and get a video for you all.

What was the new color option available? And I definitely can't wait to see that ultra! ^^

Some changes:

thanks for the updates! can't wait to see the ultra

.la1n

Some changes:

Thanks for the information, as uneventful as it may be. Any stage music yet?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They fixed his face and skin color.... Nice.

Looks a lot better now

Even though the face isn't perfect, the change is a lot better... His skin tone from first build bothered me a lot .. at least now I can associate him to combo

shitty screencaps

t6CaUvN.png

9PARjx6.png

JQ5eN70.png

.la1n

TJ just looks so out of place with the rest of the cast, that's what I was most afraid of with a new team taking over. Auto barrage is so stiff looking too, messes with the flow the game had going originally. Ends up looking awkward. Should have gave him a different trait that didn't fly in the face of the quick combo system that was already in place. Come on Iron Galaxy you're better than this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
TJ just looks so out of place with the rest of the cast, that's what I was most afraid of with a new team taking over. Auto barrage is so stiff looking too, messes with the flow the game had going originally. Ends up looking awkward. Should have gave him a different trait that didn't fly in the face of the quick combo system that was already in place. Come on Iron Galaxy you're better than this.

Or make the combo barrage 2 hits with one button press so it makes him seem fast

From what's on the stream:

- His skin is darker
- He has bandages on his right arm
- Has a third color option
- Can Shadow 'Tiger Knee' now
- He has his Ultra now
- His crouching HK, sends the opponent away on hit
- Can now use the 'Tiger Knee' in a combo

Anything else I missed? :0

hwalker84

So no stream for this unveil? Somebody that's from the show floor better give us some info. Watch it not be Cinder and they trolled us with Maya or something.

Skab

Regardless of what you think about his look, plenty of people that have actually played him say he is very fun, and that's all that matters in the end.

Still can't believe no one's streaming.

None of the panels are being streamed. Arturo is recording the KI panel though, will be up later. I'm sure other places will have it as well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Air Counter Breakers, eh? Eh, ok. I kinda like the one-sided nature to it, making EVERYTHING equal makes the reward and use of juggles feel less satisfying? But I'm sure landing an air CB will be hype in and of itself.

Not knocking it until I get to try it though.

Top Bottom