• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

The wait feels like it's been forever, i'm all out on TJ Combo. I need to see Maya in action, along with a tease of the new character coming out. >.<

DrDogg

Survey from IronGalaxy getting feedback on Season 1 characters. If you have balance suggestions this is your chance to give feedback:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1c1qIz1Acchfq26vr7lCc1joslTdzX1994gSc8C5bOLY/viewform

My response to the last question:

Spinal
- Allow him to start a match with one skull. When he loses all skulls, he should gain one back in 3-5 seconds (only one).
- His teleport should be invincible on the way down, just like Glacius' Puddle Punch. Glacius can start a combo with it, while Spinal mainly gets positioning, yet he can easily be thrown out of the teleport on the way down.
- Crouching MP should not be a hard knockdown. You should be able to special cancel it and start a combo.
- His divekick should either be removed or made safe. Almost every jump attack in the game grants a ton of advantage on block AND starts a combo. Why should Spinal's divekick be so unsafe? Yes, you can space it to make it safe, but why take such an unnecessary risk?

Fulgore
- His Shadow abilities (Shadow moves, Shadow Counters, etc.) should be tied to a normal Shadow Meter like everyone else. Only his special cancels and beam should be linked to the reactor meter.

Thunder
- Ankle Slicer should have at least one version that's safe on block.
- The normal CotE should do more damage or start a combo.

The wait feels like it's been forever, i'm all out on TJ Combo. I need to see Maya in action, along with a tease of the new character coming out. >.<

It's been just about two months since Combo, and we didn't get a trailer for Maya so it definitely feels like a long time.

I would really like to see Maya and the first new character in action in the Gamescom trailer. Not sure we'll get two characters in one trailer, but given the fact that Maya wasn't revealed with a trailer, I think it would be a nice gesture (assuming the new character is ready to show).

.la1n

Your responses for Spinal and Fulgore were my exact responses as well. It seems popular opinions among others I know as well so hopefully it gets some notice.

YrNniog.png

ilEKgSr.png

can't wait...if only we knew when these were coming.

I'm assuming Trailer 2 is done since it was not mentioned, so hoping we get that at Gamescom..or sooner lol

.la1n

I wouldn't expect anything new until next week. Pretty neat they are focusing more on story elements this time around, maybe story mode will be more fleshed out this time. I do wonder if the best way to treat your fan base is to "troll" them at the end of a trailer but I'm sure they know better than I do.

I wouldn't expect anything new until next week. Pretty neat they are focusing more on story elements this time around, maybe story mode will be more fleshed out this time. I do wonder if the best way to treat your fan base is to "troll" them at the end of a trailer but I'm sure they know better than I do.

Probably a troll like Thunder's ax going into the tree. Maybe something for tusk or kim wu?

deviant1

They're gonna troll us by teasing Cinder at the end of every trailer and than make him the last character revealed :(

I hope this isn't the case

DrDogg

The only way they can troll us is if it's for an existing character. We already have Combo and Maya, and Cinder has already been teased. I don't think we'd be "VERY happy" if it were another Cinder tease, so we can rule that out as well.

So that leaves Riptor, Tusk, or Kim Wu. Hmm... I could totally see them ending a trailer with Riptor's screech. I think that would be a pretty good troll. I don't think a broadsword or nunchuk would really be considered an "EPIC troll" or that you can even create such a troll with Tusk or Kim Wu.

They could always troll us by showing something we think is a returning character, and have it end up being a new character. Although I don't think that'd make us very happy.

.la1n

If I recall they said TJ was completed a week or two ago so at the very least maybe that plus his stage music would be nice. Maya is probably far enough along now to be in an updated build so would be neat to see how she plays.

.la1n

They will have the E3 build at gamescom, Dave said it during the stream.
But there will be reveals (MS plans that).

Any particular reason that this season they are afraid to show us anything? Maybe the backlash from TJ hurt their feelings. ;P

DrDogg

Any particular reason that this season they are afraid to show us anything? Maybe the backlash from TJ hurt their feelings. ;P

If I had to guess I'd say it's because of the super tight scheduling and everything they want ready to go on day one of season two. It takes time to get a build bug-checked and ready for public consumption.

IG has less time to get S2 ready than DH did for S1. While they don't have to build the fighting engine from scratch like DH, they are making significant tweaks to the engine, revamping the UI, revamping ranked, etc. Plus, I'm sure they want to launch S2 with at least three characters, and so far it seems as though only one is done (TJ) with a second not even ready to show just one month ago.

I want S2 by the end of October. If hitting that kind of deadline means there are no updated builds post-Evo, I'm okay with that.

.la1n

I agree Dogg, I'd rather take no updated preview builds if it means we can get more characters and content for Season 2 on launch. Some trailers showing progress here and there I think are sufficient to keep hype going.

If nothing else we know on September 23rd we will have the final TJ Combo in our hands to check out.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ishmae basically states on ultra combo that there will be a lot to talk about at gamescom

Sooooo yeah! Finally stuffffff

hwalker84

I agree Dogg, I'd rather take no updated preview builds if it means we can get more characters and content for Season 2 on launch. Some trailers showing progress here and there I think are sufficient to keep hype going.

If nothing else we know on September 23rd we will have the final TJ Combo in our hands to check out.

Do you? Did they say he'll be ready for Sept 23rd or you'll get him when released.

Skab

Didn't Mick basically confirm he wasn't coming back? That one tweet that said he was too busy with other games at the moment?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ishmae basically states on ultra combo that there will be a lot to talk about at gamescom

Sooooo yeah! Finally stuffffff
Good to hear, I'm guessing they're gonna get into features and content of S2. And Id love to see a preview of the new UI but it's probably a little early for that.

DrDogg

What did we get at Gamescom last year? I remember we got the pricing info, but what else? I'm wondering if they'll announce a release date. I imagine if we're lucky enough to get it in October, they'd have to announce a solid date pretty soon.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What did we get at Gamescom last year? I remember we got the pricing info, but what else? I'm wondering if they'll announce a release date. I imagine if we're lucky enough to get it in October, they'd have to announce a solid date pretty soon.

We didn't get much... Event was pretty much thunder playable I think

So... Sadira tease?

We are likely seeing two characters no matter what (if they tease like they used to)

I could have sworn we didn't get thunder trailer and tease until pax though..

Skab

We didn't get much... Event was pretty much thunder playable I think

So... Sadira tease?

We are likely seeing two characters no matter what (if they tease like they used to)

I could have sworn we didn't get thunder trailer and tease until pax though..

Thunder tease was at Evo.

Chucker

H sent me his CronusMax and now I'm relearning the game. The muscle memory is killing me from using the pad all this time, instead of my SFIV SE Stick that I modded.

Oh well, it'll only get better over time.

bumpkin

H sent me his CronusMax and now I'm relearning the game. The muscle memory is killing me from using the pad all this time, instead of my SFIV SE Stick that I modded.

Oh well, it'll only get better over time.
It's been stick or bust for me since I got a Cronus. It's so much better with a stick!

Chucker

It's been stick or bust for me since I got a Cronus. It's so much better with a stick!

Yeah, any other game I'm better with a stick. Having played KI first with the pad is what's doing me in. Gotta forget the muscle memory.

CM works wonders though!

Coda

Yeah, any other game I'm better with a stick. Having played KI first with the pad is what's doing me in. Gotta forget the muscle memory.

CM works wonders though!

I usually play on stick with fighters but the Sega Saturn pad with KI is a dream.

Top Bottom