• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Considering the "Ultra edition buyers get early access" Stuff from S1 was so cloudy and poorly implemented, I was hoping they'd announce some benefit towards S2 for it.

Is Combo really early-access in a $20 retail pack that DOESN'T unlock the season he's a part of? Is a diehard KI fan suppose to buy that pack + The new Ultra Edition, in order to play everything as early and completely as possible? That doesn't seem to make much sense on it's own, so far.

Will be interesting to see what features make it in on the big launch day, and what's added as the months go on.

def sim

Link to video?

It was on Justin Wong's twitch stream from last night. Check the archive. I made this gif of it then:

ibzB20IOmqogy9.gif

mdsfx

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-killer-instinct-classic-2-more-october-15th/

“Killer Instinct” (Iron Galaxy, Microsoft Studios). “Killer Instinct: Season 2” begins Oct. 15, starting with new fighters TJ Combo and Maya, enhanced game modes and a completely revamped interface. The “Killer Instinct: Season 2” – Ultra Edition ($39.99) includes eight fighters with a new fighter added each month, select fighter costumes and accessory packs, and “Killer Instinct 2 Classic.” The “Killer Instinct: Season 2” - Combo Breaker Pack ($19.99) includes eight fighters starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and a new fighter added each month. Additional fighters for Season 2 can be purchased for $4.99 each and fans can get TJ Combo early by purchasing “Killer Instinct: Season 2” - Ultra Edition between Sept. 23 and Oct. 14.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Don't do this to me

Check jebailey twitter

Also here

And soundtrack announced

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1214.msg19204#msg19204

Additionally, we are excited to announce that award-winning composer Mick Gordon will return to produce the soundtrack for Killer Instinct: Season 2 and Kevin Bayliss, the original art director for Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2, will design eight costumes for Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition. The Killer Instinct: Season 1 soundtrack as well as the original Killer Cuts will also be available to purchase on September 23rd.

mdsfx

Hoooooly shit yes!

Check jebailey twitter

Also here

And soundtrack announced

Additionally, we are excited to announce that award-winning composer Mick Gordon will return to produce the soundtrack for Killer Instinct: Season 2 and Kevin Bayliss, the original art director for Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2, will design eight costumes for Killer Instinct: Season 2 – Ultra Edition. The Killer Instinct: Season 1 soundtrack as well as the original Killer Cuts will also be available to purchase on September 23rd.

Skab

Fuck yeah, Mick. Also the KI1 and 2 art guy coming back just MEANS MOLLUSCA HAS AN EVEN GREATER CHANCE. MAKE IT HAPPEN IG.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Mick is back?? HELL MUTHEREFFING YESSSSSSSS!!!!!
Kevin Bayless designing alt costumes??? DOUBLE FUUUUUUUUUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

GIVE IT TO ME TAKE MY MONEY UNF UNF

I'm a touch excited.

DrDogg

I'd prefer to start with more than two characters, but I'm happy with the Oct 15 date.

If you think about it, S2 starts with the retail release of S1. A month later you get Maya, which IG and MS are calling the start of S2. Then every month after that we get a new character.

Hoping we get an update for KI1 to give it online play. I'll be picking up the Ultra Pack, but I'd much rather play KI1 online. Not a huge fan of KI2.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
With Bayliss working on the new alt outfits I'm hoping he works on fixing/changing the S1 classics as well.

.la1n

PAX kicks off August 29th, if nothing else I hope they bring a new build to show the completed TJ and hopefully background music from Mick. I know development hasn't been the same for Season 2 but Season 1 felt much more fan friendly. There was much more of a connection between DH/MS and their audience with updated builds shown fairly regularly, pretty open communication, and weekly streams. With Season 2 it feels like it's regressed back to typical game development where everything is behind closed doors until it's purchase time.

It will be interesting to see how they handle information going forward after we are into the launch of Season 2. I also hope they are committed to the one character a month expectation because if any of those slip it could get pretty messy. Glad they clarified how the rest of us can go about getting access to TJ early and adding KI 2 classic as an early access bonus was pretty great as well (and online play.) Curious to see how the "early access" works out for Ultra edition owners this go around because last time it meant fuck all.

Last but not least, Mick being back is amazing. His music just works perfectly with Killer Instinct and I cannot wait to see what he does with the new batch of characters.

KI Season 2 begins on October 15th

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85756/killer-instinct-season-2-begins-on-october-15

Only two characters at launch with additional characters released each month. KI 2 classic included in the Ultra edition of the game.

New thread for new news: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872942

Ah, well at least we get the characters really early on. And I cannot wait to see the characters already in action and entering tournaments. I'm so excited they have confirmation on things.

Check jebailey twitter

Also here

And soundtrack announced

I don't understand why they waited so long, but I'm so glad he's coming back.

Mick is really one of a kind and his music is so good.

I don't understand why they waited so long, but I'm so glad he's coming back.

Mick is really one of a kind and his music is so good.

I would assume they've been trying to work around his schedule and their own details and needs for S2's launch to see if it's feasible. For example, launching with just two characters means he's only going to need to compose two songs by Oct 15 as opposed to if they had launched that date with three. And maybe three would have been do-able if they had decided to launch a month later etc. Considering they JUST announced the real details of S2 today, it probably only very recently became clear what they would need from Mick and if it would work within his schedule.

DopeyFish

I would assume they've been trying to work around his schedule and their own details and needs for S2's launch to see if it's feasible. For example, launching with just two characters means he's only going to need to compose two songs by Oct 15 as opposed to if they had launched that date with three. And maybe three would have been do-able if they had decided to launch a month later etc. Considering they JUST announced the real details of S2 today, it probably only very recently became clear what they would need from Mick and if it would work within his schedule.

It would appear that 2 of the last 3 vines are likely KI related considering his remarks or lack of them.

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/498993139995381761

And

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/497272263633539072

First one has a cinder looking guy in it

Second one he says we will find out what it's for at gamescom........

DrDogg

It would appear that 2 of the last 3 vines are likely KI related considering his remarks or lack of them.

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/498993139995381761

And

https://twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/497272263633539072

First one has a cinder looking guy in it

Second one he says we will find out what it's for at gamescom........

Considering Cinder won't be one of the first three characters in S2 (and therefore not available until December at the earliest), it seems unlikely Mick would be teasing his stage music.

DopeyFish

Considering Cinder won't be one of the first three characters in S2 (and therefore not available until December at the earliest), it seems unlikely Mick would be teasing his stage music.

correction: november at the earliest

and he's probably working on multiple songs at once

as someone who makes music, I can tell you it's not a perfect process and sometimes you have to work on something else to make other stuff you're working on move faster.

Fuck yeah Mick! Will someone please do me a favor* and tweet Mick to pleeease make Cinder's theme as hardcore as possible? I'm talking heavy as fuck. We all know his theme hit hard way back then. Hell, it hits hard now! This is all I ask.

*Translation: I'm too lazy to create a Twitter account just for this.

DopeyFish

Apparently the vine I said had a cinder figure in it is actually a remix of orchids theme, one of two remixes that will be on the KI soundtrack

DrDogg

correction: november at the earliest

No, December because the third character is new, as I stated.

Combo is September.
Maya is October.
The 3rd character (confirmed to be a new character) is November.
That leaves December as the first available month for Cinder's release.

and here comes another one

Garrett

The first tease reminded me of Combo's KI1 theme (which is okay, but not amazing). This part of the song I like quite a bit more.

.la1n

I hope we see the improved dojo with the launch of Season 2, would make it easier to learn new characters since it's just Jago right now. I also wonder how Shadow Jago factors into all of this, I know Adam mentioned he wouldn't count as one of the eight characters but does that mean he will or won't make it into Season 2.

Top Bottom