• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I watched a bit of the hour long TJ Combo showcase. I really hope he is incomplete otherwise it sucks that IG doesn't have as strong of an animation team as DH :(

DrDogg

At this point, no trailer at PAX would mean they'd have to cram a lot of stuff into the 6 weeks that follow. We were told we'd know a lot about S2 before it drops. We've had one trailer for S2 which hit in early June. So you've got 4 months from the "announcement" trailer to S2 launch, and we're over two months in with only a render of Maya to add to the first trailer.

Seems to me like we'll get a barrage of info and back-to-back trailers throughout Sept and Oct. Based on that, I'm guessing we'll see a trailer at PAX, and maybe another one at TGS and/or for the retail release.

My best guess...

PAX (8/29) - Maya Trailer
TGS/Retail Release (9/23) - Retail Release Trailer and 3rd Character Trailer
S2 Launch (10/15) - Launch Trailer and 4th Character Trailer

If they don't want to double up on trailers then maybe something like this...?

PAX (8/29) - Maya Trailer
~9/12 - 3rd Character Trailer
TGS/Retail Release (9/23) - Retail Release Trailer
~10/2 - 4th Character Trailer
S2 Launch (10/15) - Launch Trailer

pixlexic

Banned
new update.. some balances and tweak but also the game looks different. the colors arent as vivd as they once were.

can somebody with the game check and tell me if i am going crazy?

.la1n

new update.. some balances and tweak but also the game looks different. the colors arent as vivd as they once were.

can somebody with the game check and tell me if i am going crazy?

I have not noticed a difference personally but I am using an older 720p television so it's never had great image to begin with.

.la1n

This makes me wish there was an option for remixes of the original KI1/2 character tracks in the game. Would be nice to hear a remix of Tooth & Claw when playing on Sabrewulf's stage.

Out of all the new music I have to say that Sabrewulf's is my least favorite, Mick has done god tier stuff but that one just didn't resonate with me.

mdsfx

Out of all the new music I have to say that Sabrewulf's is my least favorite, Mick has done god tier stuff but that one just didn't resonate with me.

same here. it's creepy, i will give him that. i just dont enjoy listening to it.

Silky

Banned
My KI song tierlist.

Spinal > Wulf = Thunder = Fulgore > Orchid > Sadira > Jago > Glacius.

Glacius' theme is waaaaack.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The themes from S1 I like are Jago, Spinal Thunder and Orchid.

The rest are just ok IMO, nothing particularly catchy or hype about them. TBH I wish Mick would do some remixes of the S1 themes with perhaps more of an homage to the original tracks and have them be a selectable option in S2.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I was a couple weeks ago, but they haven't mentioned anything and there isn't a panel to announce something at so probably nothing.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/pax-xbox-at-pax-2014

“Killer Instinct: Season 2” begins Oct. 15, starting with new fighters TJ Combo and Maya, enhanced game modes and a completely revamped interface. “Killer Instinct: Season 2” - Combo Breaker Pack ($19.99) includes eight fighters starting with TJ Combo and Maya, and a new fighter added each month. “Killer Instinct: Season 2” – Ultra Edition ($39.99)” includes everything from the “KI: Season 2 Combo Breaker Pack”, plus select fighter costumes and accessory packs, plus an arcade perfect version of “Killer Instinct 2 Classic” with full Xbox Live multiplayer support. Fans can get TJ Combo and “KI2 Classic” early by purchasing “Killer Instinct: Season 2” - Ultra Edition between Sept. 23 and Oct. 14. Come check out the newest Killer Instinct characters only at the Xbox booth.

Come check out the newest Killer Instinct characters only at the Xbox booth.

Killer Instinct characters

characters

dankir

Has anybody watched The Madiera 5 play online? I was watching his Twitch stream the other night.

He has has the most nasty Sadira I've ever seen. He was playing ranked matches at level 25 and annihilating level 40 guys.

His ranked record is 128 - 4!!!!!! Sadira is ridiculous with some of the crazy shit she can pull.

Mike Robles sent out information about the pins (for those who haven't received their codes)

Pin Ultimate fans,

There have been many struggles with the transition of the Pin Ultimate Edition. We have tried our best to communicate when there was something to be communicated. I apologize for the time between updates, challenges and more.

With that being said here is what is going on:

Orchid Firecat

An email will be sent out to all who reached out to me about never getting a Firecat pin email after completing that challenge. So look for another email soon.

Spinal Sheild, Shadow Jago

We are aware that some of you didn’t receive the communication about the Spinal pin so we are working on a solution.

Those that did complete the challenges (Come at Me and World Tour Part 3) will be also be getting another email soon.

Again I am sorry for how all of this was handled. Look out for more emails soon, and we’

Mike Robles
twitter: @MichaelRobles
Xbox Live: TheMikeRobles

This is the first email I've received since April I think.

Edit: just got the email for the promo code..and didn't get a promo code.

Top Bottom