• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

zainetor

Banned
I provided you with a link that explains everything. : (

Here are some quotes from it:

It seems to come down to be a passion project and bringing together the right people to see it come into form.

I've seen a video of Campbell playing CvsSnk2 against daigo...Man that guy knows his shit.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The reviews are definitely more positive than I thought theyd be.

Silky

Banned
Wow even Halfbrick folks are on GAF. (Hey I loved Raskulls ok ;u;)

Saw the achievements. Looked do-able. Read DrDogg's review: pretty good! Now I just need my internet to be on so I can update the OT/listen to these music tracks

Double Helix redeemed. High hopes for Strider. ;u;

Also--HOLY SHIT JAMES GODDARD WORKED ON KI.

Astarte

Homecoming absolutely destroyed DH's image for me, but I'm willing to give them a second shot. Should be fun playing this at a friend's house; maybe it's enough for me to pick up strider in the future.

Phreaker

I'm really excited for this game. If I get the $39.99 version, is that everything unlocked from the $19.99 version (costumes and items) or are there still things to unlock?

Nemesis_

Homecoming absolutely destroyed DH's image for me, but I'm willing to give them a second shot. Should be fun playing this at a friend's house; maybe it's enough for me to pick up strider in the future.

This might be the same name but it's either a sub team or a different one to those who worked on Homecoming. I recalled they recruited a lot of people who worked on a lot of the digital fighters in the past gen (ie. Street Fighter HD, Mortal Kombat etc.)

Is that guy (KIG666) Chris Seavor? He stalks every other KI video with the same bullshit. Didn't know he was THAT mad.

As much as Seavor doesn't like Microsoft, I highly doubt he would waste time sitting by his computer everyday eagerly anticipating a new Killer Instinct video so he could display his disappointment.

I really have no clue what's the deal with KIG666, just seems like a youtube troll tbh.

The Flash

Banned
I'm so glad this game has Dojo Mode in it. It's been years since I've played a fighting game. Stoked that it's in the free version too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm really excited for this game. If I get the $39.99 version, is that everything unlocked from the $19.99 version (costumes and items) or are there still things to unlock?

I think you still have to use KP to unlock colors and stuff, but there's a set of accessories you'll automatically get with it. No idea on costumes since we haven't seen any yet.

My main worry now is if I can just upgrade from the $20 game to the Ultra one. I got the free KI email and would gladly pay on top of it to get the rest of the stuff, but I'm not going to shell out $40 if I have to.

Nori Chan

Wow even Halfbrick folks are on GAF. (Hey I loved Raskulls ok ;u;)

Saw the achievements. Looked do-able. Read DrDogg's review: pretty good! Now I just need my internet to be on so I can update the OT/listen to these music tracks

Double Helix redeemed. High hopes for Strider. ;u;

Also--HOLY SHIT JAMES GODDARD WORKED ON KI.
12000 matches doe :(

My main worry now is if I can just upgrade from the $20 game to the Ultra one. I got the free KI email and would gladly pay on top of it to get the rest of the stuff, but I'm not going to shell out $40 if I have to.

So, I'm definitely getting this at launch. I figured out my funds, and I might not have enough for the $40 version. Can you get the $20 version and then pay another $20 for the other stuff?
Yes, you can buy in pieces instead of all at once.

DrDogg said you can if I reading correctly

I am not sure if this has been addressed yet. I am getting the Pin Ultimate edition. However I am also getting the 12 month that comes with Shadow Jago. If I use the Jago DL code wont it install the lower tier version of KI along with it? what happens when I get the PU Edition in the mail? will that code just add the extra content or what?

Thanks in advance I cannot wait for this game!! I wonder what people are most excited for with KI3

I am not sure if this has been addressed yet. I am getting the Pin Ultimate edition. However I am also getting the 12 month that comes with Shadow Jago. If I use the Jago DL code wont it install the lower tier version of KI along with it? what happens when I get the PU Edition in the mail? will that code just add the extra content or what?

Thanks in advance I cannot wait for this game!!

Well the very base game is free. When you put in the xbox live code you just unlock shadow Jago and then when you put in the pin code you'll unlock everything else. At least that's my understanding.

zainetor

Banned

Thanks in advance I cannot wait for this game!! I wonder what people are most excited for with KI3

I dont think yiu'll have problem this way, but maybe it's better if you redeem the ultimate pin code first and then the shadow jago code. Anyway shadow jago should be a separate code, from the 1 year live. Usually when they have this kind of dlc/live cards, there are 2 codes: 1 for live gold and the other for the dlc.

abracadaver

Any info if killer instinct classic will be available in germany as well ? The original game is banned here and I fear that it will not be available for us :-(

GlamFM

Banned
Jeff Gerstman seems to dig it:

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 12h
OK, now that I’m using all the characters and messing around a bit more… Killer Instinct seems pretty rad. Quick Look tomorrow morning.

Now I´m hyped.

vg260

I don't think you can totally trash and write off a developer unless you know the conditions they were given to make a game. It seems like they were finally given room to breathe on this project.

red731

Nope. Waiting for home to watch the QL.
That said, I am still listening to the Music Teaser Suite on Soundcloud.
Damn, so many repetitions and still is great as hell - can't wait to blast that on my home cinema.

Top Bottom