• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

dankir

Any of you jerks
I'm kidding I love y'all
get your free KI code yet from Microsoft or is it on the 22nd only?

derFeef

Ha, watching uploaded video clips of KI in the new Smartglass app ^^
Also you can see achievements and challanges and stuff, gosh this is making me hyped...

edit: the amount of combo breakers and ultras you did is listed in the game's description, neat.

I dont think yiu'll have problem this way, but maybe it's better if you redeem the ultimate pin code first and then the shadow jago code. Anyway shadow jago should be a separate code, from the 1 year live. Usually when they have this kind of dlc/live cards, there are 2 codes: 1 for live gold and the other for the dlc.

Yes the code for 12 month is one code and the 2nd code is shadow jago as well as the game all in one. I believe its the 20$ version of the game. whatever KI Round One is. This is confusing =(

zainetor

Banned
Yes the code for 12 month is one code and the 2nd code is shadow jago as well as the game all in one. I believe its the 20$ version of the game. whatever KI Round One is. This is confusing =(

Ki round one is the free version. 20 dollars version should be called combo breaker pack or something like that.
Just to be sure, I suggest you to redeem the pin edition first and then the shadow jago.

Just a heads up to my Killer Instinct Fans. The Killer Instinct TE2 Fightstick from the Madcatz Store has started shipping. Here is my confirmation email I just received.

nDOgCKU.png

See you all online!

Looks like I'll have to wait on mine from Amazon. =/

T.O.P

Banned
Just a heads up to my Killer Instinct Fans. The Killer Instinct TE2 Fightstick from the Madcatz Store has started shipping. Here is my confirmation email I just received.

nDOgCKU.png

See you all online!

This item will be released on December 31, 2013.

ç_ç

Is there any way to check an order by order # on the madcatz store? I purchased the stick by going through checkout as a guest. I don't see where you can do this?

I just want to make sure my order is okay. I haven't received any emails since it was submitted.

dookeh

So I ordered the KI fightstick from someone on ebay last week for $159. It said they had 6 available and that it would ship direct from madcatz. Today I got an email from them about how they couldn't pay for the items because paypal wouldn't release the funds. Is this some sort of scam? I filed a claim with payal immediately. Anyone here order one of the other 5 and experience this?

I figured $159 was too good to be true. Now I have to pretend that I'll be fine on pad and I'm not going to spend $200 this weekend.

Dai101

Banned
Get hype:

@ThatMikeRossGuy: Anyone going to be at the Microsoft Killer Instinct event in...Colorado!? If so, see you there :).

@JWonggg: Played 4 hours of KI with @Floejisan today! Pretty fun! Shout outs to the FGC Microsoft store worker who was teaching us!

Monocle

I tried this at a demo stand and it was awesome. I haven't played a 2D fighter in years, but within 15 minutes I was rocking that shit. The controls feel perfect. I was happy to find that Microsoft gave the XB1 controller a functional d-pad. Huge, huge improvement on the 360's mushy directional disk. I mean, huge.

I don't know you guys...this game kind of won me over. If I'd had the disposable cash, I probably would have pre-ordered an XB1 on an impulse just for KI. I really want it in my house right now.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
That soundtrack makes me want to build an arcade cabinet just for this game and throw in a killer speaker system.

def sim

What's Mike Ross doing in Colorado? I bet that dude won't see any competition there; he's going to get a free xbox out of this lol

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Watching all you fuckers start ripping into the game Friday is gonna feel really bad man. Money is tight right now so I have to wait a month or two (earliest I could get it would be Christmas), just gonna watch a shitload of streams till then.

Balb

Game looked pretty damn good in the GiantBomb Quick Look. Can't wait to play it on Friday!

What's with the mark-up on the next gen arcade sticks though? $200 is a lot.

This soundtrack is absolutely amazing! I used to listen to Killer Cuts EVERY single day of grade school and this new soundtrack that Mick Gordon created is freakin' amazing and does the original justice.

If you're somehow reading this thread Mick, absolutely amazing work, great diversity for each characters, some very researched sound compositions (those clock sounds on Sabrewulf's theme are genius) and an incredible, soon-to-be-classic soundtrack!

hwalker84

I'm going to be so jelly come Friday when everyone's playing this and my Xbox is waiting at home until I get back from Japan.

Ki round one is the free version. 20 dollars version should be called combo breaker pack or something like that.
Just to be sure, I suggest you to redeem the pin edition first and then the shadow jago.

Oh yes your right. I will do that then. Redeem Pin edition before the Shadow Jago code. Thanks for the answers. It is hard to believe we are mere days from the Xbox one! Hopefully KI, and some of the other early release stuff can hold us out till Destiny, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive and beyond. Of course I can easily see KI sticking around as a frequently played game on my account even in a years time =)

;)

please ignore shitty christmas lights, we decorate early

Wow nice! And great touch with the christmas lights I have never seen that before on a arcade cabinet.

malfcn

*Bows*

;)

please ignore shitty christmas lights, we decorate early

Some fairly in-depth stuff on maximizing combo damage while minimizing risk: http://primagames.com/games/killer-...tinct-how-achieve-maximum-damage-minimal-risk

Good article, but when you do a combo with 3+3 it's not really *6* chances to combobreak. You guess wrong once and you're screwed. But if you are patient, I guess it is true you could have 6 chances to spot the correct frames and correctly break.

DrDogg

Good article, but when you do a combo with 3+3 it's not really *6* chances to combobreak. You guess wrong once and you're screwed. But if you are patient, I guess it is true you could have 6 chances to spot the correct frames and correctly break.

You have 6 opportunities to input a Combo Breaker. Yes, if you input one correctly you are locked out, but that does not negate the fact that you have 6 opportunities.

You have 6 opportunities to input a Combo Breaker. Yes, if you input one correctly you are locked out, but that does not negate the fact that you have 6 opportunities.

Wait.. you can combo break linkers too? I thought it was just the auto-doubles. Do you just match the linker strength? I would imagine that the heavy linkers would be super easy to break, since they last quite a bit.

Chairhome

When I was in high school, this game came out and my brothers and I stayed home from school (with our parents permission) to play this game. I'm now a grown ass man and thinking about calling into work on Friday so I can play. Killer Instinct Disease.

you know I'm kind of thankful this is on Xbox rather than a Nintendo console. At least it has a chance of succeeding. Nintendo has forgotten how to market anything not related to Mario, zelda, and wii mini games. Really hoping people look past the COD and battlefield nonsense and give this game a chance I want season 2 at a minimum.

Top Bottom