• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

.la1n

So now that several reviewers have played it, and it appears they are all using the Ultra edition is it safe to say the classic costumes are not in right now? Seems someone would have noticed it by now if it was there.

Azlan

I had very little interest in this game until after I watched the GB quicklook. It is difficult to tell that there is a lot of strategy to the combos etc. from just seeing gameplay. Also, the Giant Bomb crew aren't that easy to impress.

ant1532

Banned
watching the quick look, looks like my favorite launch game between the two consoles. super nice rendition of an old and bad fighting series. super surprising.

mbmonk

me neither, but I can see it at 60 fps.

Do you have a secret code? =P

I had very little interest in this game until after I watched the GB quicklook. It is difficult to tell that there is a lot of strategy to the combos etc. from just seeing gameplay. Also, the Giant Bomb crew aren't that easy to impress.

I completely ignored this game until I played it at the MS store in my area. I am looking forward to downloading this game as soon as I get my console :)

AcidGlow

Neo Member
So now that several reviewers have played it, and it appears they are all using the Ultra edition is it safe to say the classic costumes are not in right now? Seems someone would have noticed it by now if it was there.

Good point.

shakex

Just a heads up to my Killer Instinct Fans. The Killer Instinct TE2 Fightstick from the Madcatz Store has started shipping. Here is my confirmation email I just received.

nDOgCKU.png

See you all online!

Enordash

Also ordered mine from the Mad Catz store. Hopefully it ships today! I also got a reminder to check my Xbox One order info so that's all ready to go as well. Work on Friday is going to be brutal.

Have to wait since the game needs to be updated, and since they haven't revealed the costumes yet they don't want reviewers spoiling the reveal.

ShinAmano

Just a heads up to my Killer Instinct Fans. The Killer Instinct TE2 Fightstick from the Madcatz Store has started shipping. Here is my confirmation email I just received.

nDOgCKU.png

See you all online!
Is it bad that I would pay the same amount for a fightpad?

deviant1

My stick is shipping now too :) I'm hoping it makes it to me by Friday.

Best part of the QL was watching Brad struggle with Jago .. then he pulls off a decent combo and proclaims "This game is awesome!"

So up until a few days ago I thought I had this hame's various versions all figured out, but now that we know about KP I'm a little confused, also on vacation and limited to mobile with no wifi so video watching has not really been an option

$20 regular edition
All 8 characters
Unlock costumes via KP in the in game store/Eco system

Shadow Jago is it's own character? Or just a skin costume?
The classic costumes, are those unlockable via KP or only with the Ultra edition?

A little confused what benefit you would get with the ultra addition sans the classic game

So up until a few days ago I thought I had this hame's various versions all figured out, but now that we know about KP I'm a little confused, also on vacation and limited to mobile with no wifi so video watching has not really been an option

$20 regular edition
All 8 characters
Unlock costumes via KP in the in game store/Eco system

Shadow Jago is it's own character? Or just a skin costume?
The classic costumes, are those unlockable via KP or only with the Ultra edition?

A little confused what benefit you would get with the ultra addition sans the classic game

Each character has a set of accessories that only comes with the ultra, and these accessories basically add up to a whole new costume. The ultra comes with that, all the accessories unlocked, and classic costumes (no idea if you can unlock classic costumes with $20 version). I think the ultra edition also gives early access to Spinal and Fulgore.

DrDogg

How often do you play fighting games on pad, and what pad are you using?

I play Tekken and Mortal Kombat on pad, everything else I play on stick. I could not use the 360 pad to play anything.

I'm really excited for this game. If I get the $39.99 version, is that everything unlocked from the $19.99 version (costumes and items) or are there still things to unlock?

You have to unlock everything except the characters and the third set of accessories. As far as I can tell, there are no classic costumes in the version I have, but I'm almost positive there's a day one patch, so that may change.

My main worry now is if I can just upgrade from the $20 game to the Ultra one. I got the free KI email and would gladly pay on top of it to get the rest of the stuff, but I'm not going to shell out $40 if I have to.

You can go from the $20 version to the $40 version by just paying the additional $20.

Thanks. So noone has seen the classic costumes yet ? Will they even be available at launch ?

I'm guessing we'll find out with the launch trailer. At the moment I have not seen them anywhere.

zainetor

Banned
they'll be unlocked with a day1 patch probably. Giant bomb version didnt even have frame data, so they'll add everything with the patch.

They put a later build on my MS store for KI. It had Orchid! Also it looks better,they ironed out the jaggies and overall the look is better. Orchid plays awesome,similar to the original KI. I did my first ultra on another person,it was an amazing feel lol.

derFeef

They put a later build on my MS store for KI. It had Orchid! Also it looks better,they ironed out the jaggies and overall the look is better. Orchid plays awesome,similar to the original KI. I did my first ultra on another person,it was an amazing feel lol.

Watching the GB quicklook I thought the aliasing is improved as well, weird. Jagos hair looked pretty jaggy when I played it, now it looks a little better.

My stick is shipping now too :) I'm hoping it makes it to me by Friday.

Best part of the QL was watching Brad struggle with Jago .. then he pulls off a decent combo and proclaims "This game is awesome!"

When did you pre-order yours? I hesitated and didn't order until mid-October. Mine has NOT shipped yet.

Dai101

Banned
Any of those whose going to buy the TE2 is willing to open his control pad and post hi-res pics of it? The community would always be grateful

Any of those whose going to buy the TE2 is willing to open his control pad and post hi-res pics of it? The community would always be grateful

I would try asking Yes Boss! in the arcade stick thread. He tends to post hardware pics often and owns a ton of sticks.

Or of course, ask MarkMan.

Top Bottom