• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Beat me to it. I don't think anyone else would fit the bill.

Eyedol also had a glowing red weapon and shot fireballs. There's also promo art with him collecting or controlling fire with his hand

Plus his eyes glow red

It is important to note Adam emphasized the original killer instinct

Riptor didn't cast fire in the snes port

DopeyFish

Ohhh yeah. Hm. So we could actually be getting Riptor instead of Cinder then. I feel so conflicted.

Wish we could just get both this season. :[

I am sure we are getting both riptor and cinder

Why would they have two teases for the same character?

.la1n

No Cinder this season would be really disappointing but Riptor is a more than suitable replacement. I'll live if it happens. I really hope we get Kim Wu this season as well, can't have enough female fighters and her + Aria would make 5 total (if there aren't any more we don't know about) which I think is a good amount given total roster size.

Also nice to hear that Ultra edition early access is an actual thing this go around.

SimonM7

I just hope the Ultra Edition of season 2 will be available day and date here. Tier 2 countries are still waiting for the Ultra Edition of the first season.

Sydle

At the very least that tease confirms Season 3.

I think Riptor is in this season.
  • TJ Combo's KI2 story said he killed Riptor, so teasing her part of his reveal makes sense
  • Isgreen and Keits went as far to mention that even looking at the silhouettes you can see diversity in the line up
  • KI needs more monsters : D

are there still no 6 face button wireless controllers available on xbone? that makes me sad :(

Well, there's that Mortal Kombat one coming next year but I think it's wired. Also, people have had build problems with their previous controllers, though I have their MvC3 one and haven't had a problem with it yet.

DrDogg

I'm glad to know we'll be getting more info on Maya as we get closer to S2 launch. I also think the new perks for Ultra owners are really great!

As for the tease at the end of Combo's trailer, I don't see how that can be anyone other than Cinder. Sure, Riptor had a fireball projectile and breathed fire, but EVERYONE thought that was a Cinder tease. To come in 3 months later and say it wasn't would generate a lot of salt methinks.

I don't care as Cinder was never really my character, but I think a lot of people would be upset if it wasn't actually Cinder at the end of Combo's trailer (unless we get Cinder and Riptor in S2).

Either way, I'm excited and ready to start playing again. I'm still not a fan of the new UI, but it's just a UI. As long as the characters/gameplay are on point, I don't care what the UI looks like.

btags

I have no affinity for characters in the older games because I never played them when they were released, but I would kind of like it if it was riptor and not cinder. While I hope cinder makes it this season, I think KI needs some more monsters that arent simply the silhouette of a man. Plus I am still hoping for partially feathered riptor.

Skab

Justin Wong played Maya out at TGS and described her (on twitter, to Floe who was asking about her) as "Rolento but on crack." That pleases me.

I have no affinity for characters in the older games because I never played them when they were released, but I would kind of like it if it was riptor and not cinder. While I hope cinder makes it this season, I think KI needs some more monsters that arent simply the silhouette of a man. Plus I am still hoping for partially feathered riptor.

I agree we need more monster types, but there is no reason to think that IG can't create new monster characters. Riptor isn't the only answer there.

btags

Justin Wong played Maya out at TGS and described her (on twitter, to Floe who was asking about her) as "Rolento but on crack." That pleases me.

I agree we need more monster types, but there is no reason to think that IG can't create new monster characters. Riptor isn't the only answer there.

True, I just wonder what other kinds of monster-like characters you can have would truly differentiate themselves from the other characters (based solely on appearance). The only things I can come up with (with my limited imagination) are fish-like or bird-like monsters.

abadguy

Banned
True, I just wonder what other kinds of monster-like characters you can have would truly differentiate themselves from the other characters (based solely on appearance). The only things I can come up with (with my limited imagination) are fish-like or bird-like monsters.

A Harpy character would be kinda cool. Maybe something like Lavia from Warzard.

JBYXtDy.png

.la1n

I'd like to see a spin on classic monster movie characters, like the creature from the black lagoon or frankenstein's monster.

DopeyFish

WTF... how?

i dunno when i go to KI store you can briefly see the season 2 ultra pack image on the right and then it disappears

when i go to practice i can see combo but says it hasn't been installed yet... i am only at 45% so I'll see what i can do when it's done

btags

I am not liking Orchid's grenade. It seems to be an annoyance more than anything else.

Also, Glacius' puddle move is freaking awesome.

DopeyFish

ok i got the update but can't buy TJ combo

just errors out when try to buy from the character select screen

ah well i can wait until tuesday :p

dankir

Can't buy Combo yet (Canada) Fulgore is a completely new character. So much easier to play.

Dudes the air combo breaker / counter breakers are complete game changers!!!

If you try to bait out an air counter breaker and miss your dude jumps forward into the enemies waiting hands. So if try to counter break and miss your getting punished 100% of the time.

Hell glacius now teleports right in front of your opponent if you try to bait a counter breaker from long range after his shatter move. So no more free counter breakers for him now.

Also everything is breakable like Thunders HK after shamamish.

Everything is much faster. Played against combo as a cpu in practice. Wow he has crazy mixup it's nuts. And this recapture is dope.!!!

KILLER INSTINCT SEASONS 2 BITCHES! !!

.la1n

Wow, the changes are pretty nuts. Didn't get to play long this morning but man is the Spinal vs Fulgore match up feeling like even more of an uphill battle (for Fulgore.)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Wow, the changes are pretty nuts. Didn't get to play long this morning but man is the Spinal vs Fulgore match up feeling like even more of an uphill battle (for Fulgore.)

I'm halfway thinking Fulgore might have been nerfed overall. Takes forever to get bar.

Top Bottom