• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Durock

Fulgore doesn't seem much different really. In fact, I think he's a bit more difficult. With the new meter in place, going into Instinct just speeds the meter up, meaning you don't get Devastation Beam almost instantly like before. That tool is much more difficult to get access too now, so it kind of cripples him a bit.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm halfway thinking Fulgore might have been nerfed overall. Takes forever to get bar.

Just have to be aggressive. The plus here is he's still gaining when being pressured, when you're attacking and when you're being attacked. You're also dedicating time that was originally spent on gaining meter towards creating setups or pressure.

Just because you're applying more forward pressure than you are used to is why you think you're meter starved... even though you may be using more meter across the entire match.

.la1n

I'm halfway thinking Fulgore might have been nerfed overall. Takes forever to get bar.

It's too early for me to be difinitive about it but I'm not really sure right now what exactly changed that would be considered a buff. He feels like a worse character.

dankir

Does anybody else find it faster than S1? Maybe I was tired this morning when I downloaded it but it seemed speedier.

Has anybody been able to buy the S2 Ultra pack yet? I really want to play KI2 Classic.

biRdy

Does anybody else find it faster than S1? Maybe I was tired this morning when I downloaded it but it seemed speedier.

Has anybody been able to buy the S2 Ultra pack yet? I really want to play KI2 Classic.

Found it faster as well, though I also woke up early to play it.

.la1n

Didn't check this morning before I left but I think Adam said not until Tuesday.

DrDogg

Yeah, not a fan of her Ultra Combo. I definitely favor the S1 Ultra Combos. Hopefully they add a feature to "skip" the Ultra during ranked matches.

The Ultras for Maya and TJ Combo are not nearly as good as the Season One cast.

^This... even though it's just a minor part of the game for me.

No Season 2 OT? :(

Season 2 doesn't technically start until Maya hits in October.

Fulgore doesn't seem much different really. In fact, I think he's a bit more difficult. With the new meter in place, going into Instinct just speeds the meter up, meaning you don't get Devastation Beam almost instantly like before. That tool is much more difficult to get access too now, so it kind of cripples him a bit.

Keep in mind, the Devastation Beam has been nerfed. It's not the huge damage it used to be, so having immediate access to it really isn't all that important.

I admit I didn't play all that much of Fulgore at PAX, but I don't think he's nerfed at all. I know you're referring to the Reactor Meter, but keep in mind, Shadow Meter gain has been slowed considerably. That alone has a huge impact on the game.

Skab

Keep in mind, the Devastation Beam has been nerfed. It's not the huge damage it used to be, so having immediate access to it really isn't all that important.

I thought the full meter while in instinct version still hit really hard?

dankir

That kick in Maya's Ultra where the game seems to pause for a few seconds is weiiiird.

I like it, especially the part where she chucks her two daggers at you and then shakes her head. I find her Ultra more dynamic rather than just 30 punches in a row.

Now let's see those stage ultras!

derFeef

I like it, especially the part where she chucks her two daggers at you and then shakes her head. I find her Ultra more dynamic rather than just 30 punches in a row.

Now let's see those stage ultras!

That part I like too, but the kick needs to be shortened imo...

.la1n

That kick in Maya's Ultra where the game seems to pause for a few seconds is weiiiird.

So far it doesn't seem like IG has quite the same knack for animations that DH had. TJ in his current state still looks less fluid than the Season one cast and Maya seems stiff as well.

Fulgore is fine, most definitely NOT nerfed. I was ok with him in S1 to be honest. But I'm set on maining Tusk if he makes S2's roster. Also have my eye's on the LichWraithMummy zoner.

Any advice to use Fulgore better in Season 2? I've used Fulgore as my main since his release and this morning I was struggling to find anything that seemed improved for him in Season 2. He seems worse if anything.

derFeef

I like Fulgore now, he plays fine im(casual)o.

Weird thing for me, I have gotten better with the controller than with the stick, need to train more.

DrDogg

Any advice to use Fulgore better in Season 2? I've used Fulgore as my main since his release and this morning I was struggling to find anything that seemed improved for him in Season 2. He seems worse if anything.

While I'm not a Fulgore main, what I found is to simply not worry about the Reactor Meter like you used to. In S1 you had to constantly be figuring out how to charge the Reactor Meter. Now you simply need to play aggressive, while still using Triple Doubles in the same way you used them before (assuming you used them).

To my knowledge, Fulgore's frame data hasn't changed. That means you can pressure better than most other characters. Then you've got the fact that Shadow Meter builds slower, which means Shadow Counters are less frequent, further adding to Fulgore's pressure game.

.la1n

While I'm not a Fulgore main, what I found is to simply not worry about the Reactor Meter like you used to. In S1 you had to constantly be figuring out how to charge the Reactor Meter. Now you simply need to play aggressive, while still using Triple Doubles in the same way you used them before (assuming you used them).

To my knowledge, Fulgore's frame data hasn't changed. That means you can pressure better than most other characters. Then you've got the fact that Shadow Meter builds slower, which means Shadow Counters are less frequent, further adding to Fulgore's pressure game.

Yeah I think Im just going to have to figure out the optimal way to use the time I would normally be charging reactor.

Siccness Omega

Neo Member

Dr Dogg is exactly on point! Only thing I would add is don't sleep on Fulgore's zoning tools. Plus now he can gain meter while zoning :)

El Sabroso

Frame Data has some minor changes tho.

Triple doubles feel weird, have to relearn as I'm not supposed to hold button but to press again for the triple double.

The idea of the character is more simple and effective, if you want to gain meter, be aggressive or at least use your normals, then you can play zoning game or do teleport mixups.

.la1n

Been able to spend more time with the changes. Fulgore is really requiring some relearning on my part but overall I think everything is a lot of fun. The changes make the game feel fresh and I am okay with that, it's better than the minor tweaks here and there I am used to getting with SF IV. Looking forward to getting some more matches in later tonight.

Siccness Omega

Neo Member
His zoning game feels weak now thanks to additional projectiles costing pips.

This aspect does feel like a nerf initially, but I don't think it will hurt him overall. S2 Fulgore 'should' be generating more meter than S1 Fulgore would have in the same amount of time. So our pip access should increase.

Siccness Omega

Neo Member
He really is the practice mode dummy was pulling some crazy shit on me last night.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll give him a look. I know this isn't SF4, but I did main Balrog the last 4 years. I honestly don't care what tier Tusk ends up in, he'll be my main upon his release. I'm just looking for a 2nd & 3rd for matchups & fun.

sangreal

I haven't been following, but I installed season 2 and have combo but the old UI and it looks like he has no stage? that sound about right?

dont know how to get KI2 Classic tho

comes w/ ultra edition. showed up in games waiting to install for me (season 2 was hidden in add-ons)

Top Bottom