• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DrDogg

Dropping some Sabrewulf knowledge...

http://www.primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/tips/killer-instinct-sabrewulf-tips

I am having a bit of a problem with the Anti Air training lesson in the Dojo section. Here is a link to a video I made showing the specific part of the lesson (note: FP crossup/cross over is the problem ).

Problems I am having using down + FP
1) The timing window seems very small. If I am early I attack forward and get hit in the back. If I attack late, I get hit before the move is active.

Problems I am having using dragon punch
Since the crossup switches sides, it am not sure how to input the dragon punch.

Suggestions for a newb?

Thanks

I went back to look at this, and it doesn't have to be a cross-up. Just back up, then anti-air.

derFeef

Came to think of it - there aren't many sticks out so how much stick advantage does Max have? Not saying a stick makes you automatically better, but I know I would have an easier time with some moves, especially the QC moves. If anything it would be more fun I think.

Jaeger

I like the first one more. Maybe add a little more armor to it or bulk the design out a bit. The second one looks a little too much like a random robot enemy from like an old Capcom arcade brawler.

So no one is going to post the other classic costume scans? I figured it was ok to do that since it's been done already. Can I get a PM if not?

nm lol.

Yea, I agree. First one is awesome. Second reminds me of a throwaway bot from Rise of the Robots.

Anyone else complete the Dojo Mode but not have the achievement/icon unlock?

It's apparent from these concept art sketches / early model work that the classic skins are going to be really well done. The fact that they are making the effort to alter the models is more than most fighters. I do hope we will see them before the end of the year for the existing cast.

I just need to see a good sketch of what they are going for with Glacius' classic and I will be content :p

End of the year? They teased us months ago and said we'd see them before launch lol

I wonder what the hold up is.

End of the year? They teased us months ago and said we'd see them before launch lol

I wonder what the hold up is.

I was honestly curious, and pretty meh. But after figuring things out. I completely understand and appreciate what they are doing.

They aren't just skins, they change the models of the character to be built as they were in the original. Not only that but we are getting accessories for the costumes as well.

.la1n

I was honestly curious, and pretty meh. But after figuring things out. I completely understand and appreciate what they are doing.

They aren't just skins, they change the models of the character to be built as they were in the original. Not only that but we are getting accessories for the costumes as well.

Exactly and that's the only reason I'm willing to cut them some slack if it takes a bit to get them out. Now intentionally holding them back until all 8 characters and story drop? That would be really shitty.

vid

All I want is the pin edition of KI, it's incredibly aggravating that scalpers bought these and are being successful in selling them for over 100 dollars on ebay.

Double Helix please make one more batch ;_;

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered my copy the day it was available, and then a payment info error on my part, combined with the MS Store website being super broken, resulted in my pre-order being cancelled... after they had sold out of the game. So I gave in to the scalpers. :(

...a day or two later, someone lets me know that brick and mortar Microsoft Stores now have the game in stock (albeit in a very limited supply), so see if there's a place near you and give them a call.

I feel your pain. I pre-ordered my copy the day it was available, and then a payment info error on my part, combined with the MS Store website being super broken, resulted in my pre-order being cancelled... after they had sold out of the game. So I gave in to the scalpers. :(

...a day or two later, someone lets me know that brick and mortar Microsoft Stores now have the game in stock (albeit in a very limited supply), so see if there's a place near you and give them a call.

thank you for the heads up, much appreciated. scalpers are awful :/

Are the alt costumes out yet? Or do they come out later with the Ultra edition?

The alternates are not out yet, but I think they will be out soon.

They are working really hard on them. By not only giving us the costumes but changing up the models to match the classic costumes, and giving us accessories for them.

malfcn

Thanks for the replies, I also did some research and found it too. Looks like a lot of hard work and support for this title is great.
For the accessory packs, how do they get to 16? I think I get it, 2 sets of 3 each ( 2*8=16). That's got to be it.

mbmonk

Good stuff man, I wish more people had this mentality for online gaming. It's all about the love, not war!

I had difficulty pulling off the Dragon Punch here too, but the down+FP worked best to get out of that exercise. You have to press d+FP early, but as far as the Dragon Punch, the only success I found is just doing the motion very early (since you know when he's about to jump) because it's pretty demanding. You do it in the direction you're facing at the time, before he jumps over you.

100% agree with the posters above you. Playing with people better than you is great for improvement, just try to keep on eye out for their moves and spacing for setups.

Awareness is key.
Dropping some Sabrewulf knowledge...

http://www.primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/tips/killer-instinct-sabrewulf-tips

I went back to look at this, and it doesn't have to be a cross-up. Just back up, then anti-air.

thank you very very much

Haines

Banned
Do I need the Ultra edition to get the classic costumes? I dont want the old game, so paying 20 bucks more didnt really interest me...

CaLe

For someone that haven't really read up on the game, what makes it one of the best launch titles ?

I played a bit of the game, and it seems really limited with only 6 characters ? Unless I'm not seeing the big picture ? I didn't purchase any packs.

Not trolling, just genuinely interested in what makes this game tick with a lot of people.

Thanks

Pachinko

Those graphical glitches look like they could be reused later as a bonus silly alt... OR add a ghost to the cast of characters. I mean we already have a bunch of monsters in the game so why not a ghost ?

malfcn

Do I need the Ultra edition to get the classic costumes? I dont want the old game, so paying 20 bucks more didnt really interest me...

From what I have seen, $40 includes them. There should be a $20 upgrade from Combo. Also, they will be around $3 each if you pick and choose. Possibly a Classic Pack for who knows how much.

Is anyone else getting a lot of dropped connections? 8 out of my 10 ranked fights have just dropped sometimes saying that the opponent left. I'm not really destroying anyone here it seems like its just a normal matches =/

gatti-man

For someone that haven't really read up on the game, what makes it one of the best launch titles ?

I played a bit of the game, and it seems really limited with only 6 characters ? Unless I'm not seeing the big picture ? I didn't purchase any packs.

Not trolling, just genuinely interested in what makes this game tick with a lot of people.

Thanks

It's simple yet complex. Graphics and effects are very stimulating. The fighting is very fun and has great feel.

malfcn

I just acquired a pack so now I can put in some work some someone other than Jago. Will all those matches retro-actively unlock achievements?

cripterion

There's definitely something wrong with the brightness/black levels in this game. The menus are hyper dark but when I go back to the dashboard and it gets windowed it appears to be normal again :/

I'm struggling to find what this comment brought to the discussion?

Seems like conflict bait =P Smash bros melee took off and it was exclusive to the gamecube which was selling terribly compared to its sony competition. All that matters is the fanbase and like smash KI has a cult following. People love the game and it will shine exclusive or not.

Edit: That stick looks amazing.....

Dai101

Banned
I was lurking in the "Check out my new arcade stick" @ SRK and saw this.

R3TwjDP.jpg

JsPCFS1.jpg

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8535019/#Comment_8535019

Thanks

Just to throw things out there:

-The netcode is amaaaazing.
-Rival of Killer Instinct from 17 years of its last game.
-There's a lot of heart put into to this game. Be from content already in, or will be in soon. Easter eggs.
-The audio in the game is pretty damn great as well.
-The dojo which is superb! Teaches you everything you need to know for KI.

And more! But i'll leave that to others who will give you a deep explanation. Haha.

*vanishes*

Time to go dream on about future characters and playstyles. :p

I won my first online match earlier B^)......then lost two straight matches and both were by ultras haha, but at least i almost beat the other two, and they were level 4's, i got dat 1

so smooth too, no lag

Top Bottom