• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

This morning I had a player pull the plug/quite on me during an EXHIBITION MATCH lol!

At that moment I was super bummed that the X1 doesn't record the recent players you've played with online. I know I could get his/her name from the replay but i want an easy way to access their profiles

Izuna

Banned
I am so lucky this morning!

Thank you so much EagleEyes for Shadow Jago, you just saved my brother and I about 45 quid!

And finally on my quest to level up one rank this morning I came across DoubleHelixDev playing Glacius. I won (very lucky with breakers) -- uploading now to pick apart.

EDIT: No one probably cares but I put thousands of hours in SF4 and I am decent at 3rd Strike and KoF97 -- I truely believe KI is the best fighter in the last decade.

Screenshot__4_.png

http://sdrv.ms/IlkgIn

Working link... Sorry about that

malfcn

Losing because your move doesn't come out and sets up a big combo stinks. So does getting locked out because you tried to throw, lol.

Chairhome

I think Orchid's song kind of sounds like Ke$ha. But I still like it.

And holy crap, Izuna. Taking down a dev, doing an ultra and juggling twice at the end, holy crap. I need to spend some time in practice mode.

DrDogg

Came to think of it - there aren't many sticks out so how much stick advantage does Max have? Not saying a stick makes you automatically better, but I know I would have an easier time with some moves, especially the QC moves. If anything it would be more fun I think.

I don't know how much experience Max has on a pad, but I've been forced to play on pad all week and it's absolutely horrid. I would say at least half my losses have come from pad input errors.

Honestly, if the buttons and triggers weren't so sensitive, I could get by with the pad. I have a hard time anti-airing or using DP motions, but it's the input errors from breathing on the triggers, and the heavy linkers from "tapping" the face buttons that screw me over.

This is awesome, thanks.
I am using the rapid bites far too much which cases problems. Also I need to use eclipse more for thise jump-heavy Jago's.
Generally, I am having problems with setting up combo opportunities the most with Sabrewulf.

Crouching MP into Jumping Slash or Hamstring is your friend. I may upload some matches today, if people are interested in watching. Since I don't have a stick yet, I probably won't be traveling until SoCal Regionals in February, so there won't be much footage of me.

How do you escape the Wolf? If feels like every jab hits low, and overhead.

Sabrewulf is pretty much always at a disadvantage when he uses the cross-up dash. There are a few setups which he is at advantage, but they're rare. If he's pressuring you on wake-up, just use lights to interrupt. Beyond that, if he runs at you, jump. He can't get much damage from the Running Uppercut unless he wants to spend meter.

Also, if you have meter, Shadow Counter the Ragged Edge. You need decent reactions, but it's not super hard.

Is there a link to a pdf with everyones moves/linkers/enders/etc? I see places on line that talk about theory and what not but not a move guide I can print out.

How to play basics: http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/feature/killer-instinct-how-play-basics

Beginner's tip for the characters w/ move lists: http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/tips/killer-instinct-beginners-tips

dankir

Thank you so much EagleEyes for Shadow Jago, you just saved my brother and I about 45 quid!

And finally on my quest to level up one rank this morning I came across DoubleHelixDev playing Glacius. I won (very lucky with breakers) -- uploading now to pick apart.

EDIT: No one probably cares but I put thousands of hours in SF4 and I am decent at 3rd Strike and KoF97 -- I truely believe KI is the best fighter in the last decade.

Screenshot__4_.png

Most passive Glacius ever? Where's the long distance pressure? Constructs? Covering the screen in the ice projectiles? And a dev on top of that?

Chairhome

Most passive Glacius ever? Where's the long distance pressure? Constructs? Covering the screen in the ice projectiles? And a dev on top of that?

I was under the impression that it was the best way to play glacius since he's not mobile and he can combo from a distance anyways

i am awful with just about everyone but i am especially awful with glacius & thunder.
love sadira's music, has a great meshuggah-esque feel to it.

i really hope they continue to make extra accessories & alternative costumes. maybe even a few more win poses/phrases too.

Ishmae1

FYI, Classic KI has a nice help system you can pull up, including full movelists for the characters. Just say "xbox help" while playing to snap it up.

kodecraft

Screenshot__4_.png

Damn was the DHdev taking it easy? Easy win there.

Izuna

Banned
I played Fasoll twice (awesome Ibuki from SF4) in Jago mirrors. Man those matches were so long, I was lucky to win both. I really think that I am garbage but I test everyone's patience.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has anyone else noticed that the Replays the game lets you watch of your fights aren't actually recordings of your fights? I went to watch one last night after a particularly impressive combo I pulled off, and I'm almost positive the way the match went in the recording most certainly was not the fight I just finished. Does the game take some sort of weird aggregate of what it thinks are your strategies and make a ghost?

Haha, I'm glad someone else noticed this. It seems like it's just registering the inputs and somehow it can go wrong. The fights I've had online have been fine from the few I checked, but in survival mode I would replay some of them back and get a completely different fight. Like a move that I connected with into a combo missed and the whole thing got weird after that as the combo never happened and the inputs started to kick in as if it happened meaning the placement on the stage was different and random moves were coming out.

bumpkin

Haha, I'm glad someone else noticed this. It seems like it's just registering the inputs and somehow it can go wrong. The fights I've had online have been fine from the few I checked, but in survival mode I would replay some of them back and get a completely different fight. Like a move that I connected with into a combo missed and the whole thing got weird after that as the combo never happened and the inputs started to kick in as if it happened meaning the placement on the stage was different and random moves were coming out.
Same here. It was a survival mode replay that was all wrong. I remember being pretty aggressive in the match, and a lot of the time "my" character was standing around throwing errant attacks at the air. The CPU character was throwing out moves and combos it didn't do in the actual match.

Last night it was great finally having the full experience at my fingertips; bought the Ultra Edition through the KI Store. The best part was it only costed me $6.49 out of pocket. I had $33.50 chillin' in my Microsoft Account that carried over when they did the points conversion.

It'd still have been worth the full $40 though. I'm loving this game!

T.O.P

Banned
Sabrewulf is an asshole, nothing to add

Can't do shit if a good player puts me in the corner

Glacius am cry

...i used Sabrewulf a bit in practice today, dude goes %80> like nothing lol

dookeh

Was addicted to Forza last night and had to tear myself away from it at midnight to go to bed. Then I decided I would check out the netcode on KI first since I hadn't played online yet. Yea, so, I went to bed after 4am on a work night. The game is pure crack on a controller. I can't wait until I get a stick modded for this.

Was addicted to Forza last night and had to tear myself away from it at midnight to go to bed. Then I decided I would check out the netcode on KI first since I hadn't played online yet. Yea, so, I went to bed after 4am on a work night. The game is pure crack on a controller. I can't wait until I get a stick modded for this.

It's terrible. Late night for me because of this damn crack as well. I'm contemplating getting the fighting stick now... $200!!! WTF AM I THINKING?

I'm sure people really don't want to talk about characters of the future. :p But..

I was thinking if they ever make Eyedol a playable character, which I hope, into a grappler type of character. Specifically like how Hugo plays, I think that would fit perfectly well for Eyedol.

Being a two-headed cyclops, you see him being this scary, intimdating monster who is in your face, with brutal attacks. Coming from whatever command throws he can do. They could even up his size a bit too.

This is simply amazing. XD

Jarlaxle

Hey guys. I tried for 45 minutes to invite my friend to a game last night without success. Are there any known issues out there in regards to KI? (I also have been unable to chat with him at all even after we both turned party chat on. We only see our own voices lit for each respective household). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to tear my hair out. Loving the game though.

remz

Hearing about how Orchid can't do much against Jago's Wind Kick (only punish with Shadow Ichi Ni San when close). Anyone else have a strategy against it? I figure neutral jumping.

Neutral jump seems to work sometimes. I can't play right now to check though from experience I have a lot of trouble stopping Wind Kicks with anything other than a shadow counter/ shadow ichi ni san

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
stupid question - i unlocked some classic KI audio but cant figure out how to play it. help?

also, finally remapped my pad with my 4 most used attacks on the pad itself and the 3-punches and 3-kicks on the right triggers. i know i know, i shouldnt do this, but it makes everything from actually using the fierces, to shadow moves, and to the all important ultras, FAR easier to do. now i just need to wrap my brain around never using the fierces in the middle of a combo for fear of ending it too early...

Top Bottom