• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Can someone please help me out here, I am beyond frustrated at the moment.

About an hour ago I purchased the Ultimate Edition of KI ($40), but when I go to play it, it is (still) only allowing me to play the Free version with only Jago. I figured I would have to go to my purchase history and redownload it, but as with most stuff on the Xbone's ui, it is impossible for me to find as everything just loves hiding on you.

Any help on how to find my purchase so I can redownload would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edit: Never mind, I got it. This rocks!!! :)

abracadaver

I kind of want to buy the day one xbox live gold to get shadow jago even though its 15€ more expensive than a normal year of gold.

Does playing as shadow jago count towards the normal jago achievements ?

derFeef

Can someone test something for me?
I am training against a medium Jago and have combo breakers on random - the CPU still seems to break everything.

Also that guy is a jerk - taunting and spamming fireballs lol. At least it's making me angry like all the online Jago's haha.

Bayonettasbuddy

Neo Member
I've got a problem where if me and a mate sign in on one console, only one of us gets achievements. It's weird, the player card ( which has the gamer tag and level) isn't onscreen for one of us before and after fights, but the name at the top is still ours. Anyone know if you can fix this, can see during the streams that two players are signed in and playing at the same time, while their data is loaded. Any ideas?

Sorry to spam, just wondering if anyone knew anything about this?

Played a fair few games and I am having the problem of dropping enders/frantically spamming for combo breakers instead of thinking normally and taking my time. Loving the game so far and am surprised by the amount of non-Jago players about.

I also had the chance to get my arse kicked by Max this weekend. I felt abused and sore afterwards. Was fun, kinda like meeting a celeb (kinda)...

jns

Man, Jago is now the scariest guy to come up against: don't know if it's some guy just having a bash at home, or a beast who just happens to main the same character that's for free atm..

mdsfx

Dammit, why is dojo mode limited to Jago? Talk about a barebones game. Somewhat disappointed.

Also the universal combo system makes everyone feel very much the same. Too easy in that respect.

Skab

Dammit, why is dojo mode limite to Jago? Talk about a barebones game. Somewhat disappointed.

Also the universal combo system makes everyone feel very much the same. Too easy in that respect.

I also hated double ultras when they were first shown, but they are really fun to pull off.

You can take everyone into the practice mode, and that's all you really need.

mbmonk

Repost. Anyone?

I am having a bit of a problem with the Anti Air training lesson in the Dojo section. Here is a link to a video I made showing the specific part of the lesson (note: FP crossup/cross over is the problem ).

Problems I am having using down + FP
1) The timing window seems very small. If I am early I attack forward and get hit in the back. If I attack late, I get hit before the move is active.

Problems I am having using dragon punch.
Since the crossup switches sides, it am not sure how to input the dragon punch.

Suggestions for a newb?

Thanks

Silky

Banned
Z3-noscale.jpg

Z1-noscale.jpg

I really. Really. Hope Fulgore's design is like the second piece of concept art and not the first.

Silky

Banned
So yeah artbook scans aren't allowed on GAF but there were images of Classic Costumes and alternate costumes.

Jago - KI1/2 costume
Orchid - KI2 Costume
Sabrewulf - KI1 costume, suit, iron armor
Spinal - Viking/Prehistoric Costume
Thunder - rockabilly/'Prey'-ish costume
Saidra - punk/retro

JESUS ORCHID'S ASS

I like the first one more. Maybe add a little more armor to it or bulk the design out a bit. The second one looks a little too much like a random robot enemy from like an old Capcom arcade brawler.

So no one is going to post the other classic costume scans? I figured it was ok to do that since it's been done already. Can I get a PM if not?

nm lol.

The thunder design is listed as retro but it definitely does not look like his KI 1. Are we just assuming it's his classic alt?

Now that I've seen it, it's definitely labeled as an alt costume. "Mohawk Mechanic" is probably one of the accessory sets for the classic costume.

Delt31

So yeah artbook scans aren't allowed on GAF but there were images of Classic Costumes and alternate costumes.

Jago - KI1/2 costume
Orchid - KI2 Costume
Saidra - punk/retro

JESUS ORCHID'S ASS

Can you explain Thunder's retro in more detail? Does he have the old school mohawk? That's all I care about...

Silky

Banned
Can you explain Thunder's retro in more detail? Does he have the old school mohawk? That's all I care about...

There isn't anything on Thunder's classic costume. But for what it's worth, his rocker costume is still there with a mohawk.

Like, the artbook goes into detail that this isn't just skin swaps. The costumes are actually really detailed. (Like Jago's muscle mass being slimmed down and stuff)

ACH1LL3US

Ok I have a few very serious issues with this game.

1:) This is the only game that gets my heart really pounding, its so fast and frantic that once both fighters get to like 25% health left I get really intense. I never felt like this before in a game, the music, the speed of the combos, the way the match could turn tides for either player in a split second..... the game is just too much hype.

2:) I don't want to come across Max online.

3:) The xb1 controller dpad's diagonals dont register all the time.. need that arcade stick to come in :/

4:) The game is addicting.... the classic ONE more fight and two hrs go by, yikes!

Minor issue, why can't this game be native 1080p?? The scaler in the XB1 adds sharpness to the image that I personally don't like.

It's an alt costume for the retro skin. Has the mohawk but it's real hair and died pink. White shirt with a black denim looking jacket with ripped off sleeves. Black pants and biker boots. Crowbars for the weapons. It's called "Mohawk mechanic" so that should give you an idea. Kind of looks like a Streets of Rage enemy which definitely fits with the retro motif.

Chairhome

I think its been asked, but is there a way for me to improve matchmaking? I try to get into a ranked match but it just sits there for a long time. I've gotten into one match so far (I've only tried a few times) but was lucky enough to get a win since the guy was trying to play it like Street Fighter with Jago and kept spamming fireballs. He had the upper hand at first but i was able to get in and do some combos and take him out with Thunder. Would love to play more online.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
as long as you learn to avoid getting into that situation

losing without learning anything from it is bad lol
most definitely. in my experience losses make me want to find my mistakes more than wins do, the problem with feeling good about a win is you're most likely to focus on your accomplishments rather than your shortcomings. you become a better player by amending these shortcomings, or learning to disguise them.

derFeef

as long as you learn to avoid getting into that situation

losing without learning anything from it is bad lol

Not really, that's my main problem, I hate Jago so much - no other character is pushing me into the corner like Jago. I try to dash through him with Sabrewulf but either it's fireballs or random jumps that prevent me from doing so. I can dodge some fireballs with his run+light attack - but not reliably so.

Aaanyway - if some of you want a sparring partner that wants to learn the game and messes up a lot, add daFeef. :)

edit: should note I am from Europe, if that matters. But the netcode in this seems pretty awesome.

ACH1LL3US

Not really, that's my main problem, I hate Jago so much - no other character is pushing me into the corner like Jago. I try to dash through him with Sabrewulf but either it's fireballs or random jumps that prevent me from doing so. I can dodge some fireballs with his run+light attack - but not reliably so.

Aaanyway - if some of you want a sparring partner that wants to learn the game and messes up a lot, add daFeef. :)

I will add you when I get home from work.

Anyone else interested to spar please add me, ACH1LL3US

fallingdove

I played KI all weekend. Here are my shotgunned thoughts on the game so far.

Let me be among those that say how fun this game is. While I am not fond of Orchid's outfit, she is great to play with. I also really like Sabrewulf and Thunder(Sabrewulf especially). I haven't had a chance to play much with Sadira but but she plays a lot better than she looked in the videos. Combo breakers are easy to pull off, and the Ultras are incredibly satisfying.

Graphically, I must say it looks pretty impressive. I have seen the fireball particle gifs many times now but to see a fireball on block on the big screen is beautiful. It seems like the particles fall for 5 seconds afterwards. The models look great. SOOO much better than NR's fighters.

The above said. This game needed more time in the oven. I am shocked at how absolutely bare bones this is. And as unfortunate as it is, I see the game dying due to its lack of features. It really needed to launch with a story mode and at least 8 characters. I got bored with survival mode pretty quickly and spent most of my time in practice. I couldn't even spend Dojo time with my characters of choice because it only exists for Jago (what the hell?)

KP is the worst thing ever. Attempting to buy something as throwaway as colors requires not only the KP you have attained but that you meet certain online requirements? What a terrible idea.

Lastly, is the fightstick worth the money? The Xbone controller sucks for this game.

So in conclusion -

- So much fun. Does a great job of capturing the essence of the original series.
- Fuck you Microsoft for pushing this to be available at launch instead of giving it the time it needed to cook.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
That's the general rule with playing people online in fighters. Sure, it's fun to win, but imo it's more fun to learn.
"I like to win, love to lose" - some vfer's xbl motto (cmoney maybe?)

even in the rhetorical match where you are locked down the entire time, you now have something to aspire to. imitate

derFeef

Ah well losing to improve and all, but this is rough, from rank 3 to 1 ... not a single win.
Plus I get put against rank 8 and stuff, not fun at all.

edit: felt pretty good about that comeback though :p

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Ah well losing to improve and all, but this is rough, from rank 3 to 1 ... not a single win.

yeah fun getting to apprentice then getting knocked all the way back down fighting crazy zoning glacius as thunder

helps to turn on the mic and talk to them as you fight compliment them on good executions and combo breaks brings the tension of loosing waaaaay down

makes it feel like your playing at a friends house other then fighting some faceless killing robot helps me a lot

Good stuff man, I wish more people had this mentality for online gaming. It's all about the love, not war!

Repost. Anyone?

I had difficulty pulling off the Dragon Punch here too, but the down+FP worked best to get out of that exercise. You have to press d+FP early, but as far as the Dragon Punch, the only success I found is just doing the motion very early (since you know when he's about to jump) because it's pretty demanding. You do it in the direction you're facing at the time, before he jumps over you.

100% agree with the posters above you. Playing with people better than you is great for improvement, just try to keep on eye out for their moves and spacing for setups.

Awareness is key.

jem0208

Jago - KI1/2 costume
Orchid - KI2 Costume
Saidra - punk/retro

JESUS ORCHID'S ASS

Why aren't artbook scans allowed?

Seems like an odd thing to ban...

Top Bottom