• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

What's happening (or not)?

I thought the achievements were messed up in the game too, until I realized that they don't unlock until you've bought content. The only thing that sucked was they didn't retroactively unlock; that is I had to re-do whatever would have unlocked them after buying the Ultra Edition. It wasn't a huge deal since I hadn't played a ton before buying, but I could see it sucking if I had gone through the trouble of doing a bunch of 'chievo specific work.
Ah okay. I started off with the Ultra edition. I was going through getting enough fight titles with each character to buy their Skin 3 colors. Well I did it for each character and the respective achievement popped for each except Thunder. I bought a skin for him but no achievement. I also know for a fact I have fought every character online and that chievo still hasn't unlocked.

So button mashing really doesn't work in this. I can't pull of an ultra at all and I'm just barely able pull of various special moves.

Guess I need to spend more time in the dojo...

Dai101

Banned
Since i hate all of you, here's some info:

Update Information

Marketplace fixes for Shadow Jago
*Both Jago and Shadow Jago unlocked achievements and fight titles properly.

Fix for an unbreakable combo set up using instinct mode.
*After activating instinct mode, you will no longer be able to immediately AUTO-DOUBLE from the Instinct Cancel. Instead, players will now have to do an OPENER to continue their combo.

Fix for several cases where users’ save data was getting reset

SAUCE: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8544463/#Comment_8544463

besiktas1

Did my first ultra combo. Feels good man... Xbox recorded it and felt well happy. Next gen is here.

Achievement challenge didn't unlock and I now have a blister but other than that I'm well chuffed.

oVerde

Banned
fucking prick who was yelling on mic and calling me noob.. mine 25 combo did shut him off for a while but didn't won the fight.

where the hell can we report those jackasses?

mr stroke

I can't take playing with the controller anymore

Where the hell is my fightstick Gamestop!!!!??!!

Amazon still lists it for dec 12th :/

Anyone found the KI stick in stores yet?

fucking prick who was yelling on mic and calling me noob.. mine 25 combo did shut him off for a while but didn't won the fight.

you have to find them on your recent players

I remember how Microsoft was touting reputation on xbox one, and how it was going to be important this time. Yet it's a hassle to goto your recent players list and get the person to say if they're a good/bad player.

Nuklear

Banned

The lack of a stick is going to hurt this game more than it being an exclusive. I'm just done playing with the controller I think till I'm able to get my hands on a stick.

jns

hey guys, I've bought all the arenas, but I still can't use them in training mode. is there something else I have to do?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
hey guys, I've bought all the arenas, but I still can't use them in training mode. is there something else I have to do?

You can't use arenas in training

You can however buy the old KI music and when you select it in the pause menu, it paints the old stage on the wall and changes the music

got to love max.

Im on my X1 and sadly the video is saying its not available to play on this device?! :( Not sure why as i watched many YouTube vids on my X1 already. Guessing the problem is on Max's end, within his settings when he uploaded the vid? BTW i performed my very first ever Ultra tonight after playing KI for 20 years!!! Lol What a feeling, i screamed liked a little girl when i connected with it!!!!!! Haha :D

oVerde

Banned

I remember how Microsoft was touting reputation on xbox one, and how it was going to be important this time. Yet it's a hassle to goto your recent players list and get the person to say if they're a good/bad player.
where is it? Is there a voice command for that?

So button mashing really doesn't work in this. I can't pull of an ultra at all and I'm just barely able pull of various special moves.

Guess I need to spend more time in the dojo...

I was actually mashing buttons at first, getting huge combos!!! I got a 34hit combo with Orchid doing this! The thing is though i grew up on KI-1 and 2 in the early 90's, so i know what the 'D'pad expects out me. KI is alot like MK with how to perform moves as far as the D-pad is concerned, know your D-pad and button mashing can get you some crazy high hit combos. One thing button mashing won't give you is wins!!! You will get slaughterd trying to button smash on anything but begginer. This is why i LOVE this game sooooooo much, its very simple yet crazy deep for a fighter! Easilly my fav game on X1, and maybe even in the last decade! I am enjoying this that much! :D

I've never been a pad kind of guy, and this just reassures that to me. The sticks on the Xbox One controller are way too small for me to work with :(

It just shocks me that you are using the anolog sticks for a fighting game???!!! This will NEVER work for you or anyone trying to master the physics of KI, or any fighter for that matter!! Please atleast try to work yourself into the D-Pad, once you do, you shall experience one hell of an ass kicking experience!!!

It just shocks me that you are using the anolog sticks for a fighting game???!!! This will NEVER work for you or anyone trying to master the physics of KI, or any fighter for that matter!! Please atleast try to work yourself into the D-Pad, once you do, you shall experience one hell of an ass kicking experience!!!

Analogous sticks always worked for me no issue. However I agree that killer instinct needs a stick moreso than any other fighting game i played.

In SSFIV one of the best Gen players I know uses the analogue stick on a standard 360 pad to play and he does very well. The stick is fine once you're used to it.

Tenck

Well I'm a crazy guy and even use keyboard for fighting games on PC, but I can't get used to a D-Pad for fighting games on consoles. It's got to be analog sticks or fighting stick, and I'll always prefer fighting stick.

Silky

Banned
Well I'm a crazy guy and even use keyboard for fighting games on PC, but I can't get used to a D-Pad for fighting games on consoles. It's got to be analog sticks or fighting stick, and I'll always prefer fighting stick.

Actually Keyboard is pretty damn good for fighting game and it can work people to learn square gate sticks considering it's setup. Keyboard warriors go hard

That D-Pad indent will fuck your thumb up something fierce.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Can't pull off the damn Tiger Fury consistently. So damn frustrating.

I think KI is very strict with its directional inputs

I can do shoryuken on dpad with ease but I can't do tiger fury consistently

I looked at the inputs I was giving...

Forward down forward punch
Forward down\forward forward punch

They should probably test adding in those kind of inputs to see if they screw up the game or not, (at least for all qcf/qcb dpad inputs) I consider that within the margin of error :p

Tenck

I think KI is very strict with its directional inputs

I can do shoryuken on dpad with ease but I can't do tiger fury consistently

I looked at the inputs I was giving...

Forward down forward punch
Forward down\forward forward punch

They should probably test adding in those kind of inputs to see if they screw up the game or not, (at least for all qcf/qcb dpad inputs) I consider that within the margin of error :p

Yeah seems like they've put some really strict inputs for moves. I was noticing how my analog stick was going slightly back when going down, and I tried to correct it and I've gotten more tiger furys done. Still a pain when making a small mistake and you're doing something totally different.

Edit: Can a auto be interrupted? I'm trying to do opener, auto, linker, auto, then heavy linker. I feel like I'm trying to pull of stuff way too quickly before the auto is finished. Or maybe I'm imagining things.

DrDogg

For the time being I just report and block them, with a message letting them know I reported and blocked them. I know the report feature is for malicious behavior, but with the reputation system MIA at the moment, that's what I'm resorting to.

A good number of GameStop stores have received their pre-order shipments, but not all of them. I have the stick pre-ordered at two GameStop locations in my city, neither of which have received sticks. However, three other stores in my city have received their pre-orders. Needless to say, I'm not pleased.

If you didn't pre-order, it'll probably be awhile before you get one from GameStop.

Where is this...? o_0

Edit: Can a auto be interrupted? I'm trying to do opener, auto, linker, auto, then heavy linker. I feel like I'm trying to pull of stuff way too quickly before the auto is finished. Or maybe I'm imagining things.

I believe you can interrupt an AD with an Instinct Cancel or Shadow Linker... maybe and Ender as well, but that would be it.

That card was fully of sentiment. Feels legit.

KI is so good, I can't wait to visit the Microsoft store again and play it on those big ass multiple monitor screens.

Dai101

Banned
DH (specifically gilmore) posted a thank you letter:

http://www.doublehelixgames.com/ki-fans-thank-you/

url-22nuut.gif

You guys deserve every bit of recognition. I salute you.

Top Bottom