• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

sangreal

I uploaded a video clip via upload studio, but its not showing up in my skydive account. I can watch it on my X1 and smartglass, but that's it. Just wondering how to share it.

Open upload (not upload studio) go to my clips and upload it to skydrive

Will the pin ultimate edition ever be restocked, or is it gone for good?

seems like its gone forever :(

Confused.
I have the challenge World Tour: You defeated 6 different characters in online matches.
But not the achievement: Jago's Matchups: Defeat 6 different characters in online matches as Jago.

*squints*

And 2000 matches with each character sounds like a loong time.

maybe I'm spoiled because of Bungie with Halo, but the game needs more stats available.

Total Fight Titles earned with each characters
How many fights each character has had
How many fights won/lost with each character vs other characters
Fight Titles yet to be completed

etc

Durock

Has anyone tried connecting a fightpad via USB to see it if works? I have one and am willing to test it out if no one else has already. I'm still waiting for my stick to be shipped and I ordered it on October 11th. Too many unnecessary and unintentional mistakes on the controller.

remz

seems like its gone forever :(

maybe I'm spoiled because of Bungie with Halo, but the game needs more stats available.

etc

The fight titles at least are in the fight archive, idk about the rest.

The fight titles at least are in the fight archive, idk about the rest.

It says total earned, but unlocking one of the costumes requires 150 for each character. I unlocked the achievement for orchid that told me I had completed 150 of them...but the costume wasn't unlocked.

If we could see totals for each character it would be great. Like a page dedicated to Jago that said:

Total Time Spent Playing as Character in:
  • Single Player
  • Survival
  • Practice
  • Exihibiton Match
  • Ranked Match
Wins (Total):
Against:
  • Sabrewulf
  • Thunder
  • Glacius
  • Sadira
  • Orchid
Losses(Total):
Against:
  • Sabrewulf
  • Thunder
  • Glacius
  • Sadira
  • Orchid

Special Moves used...
Endokuken:
Tiger Fury:
Wind Kick:

Combos...
Highest Combo:
Highest Damage Combo:
Total Combos Completed:
Ultra Combos:

Fight Titles:
Fight Titles Completed:
Fight Titles Left​
Trials Completed:

etc etc I'm sure there's a lot more info you could put in as well, but that's just off the top of my head. Leaderboards are great, but I would love to see more in-depth statistics if possible.

T.O.P

Banned
Started downloading the patch at my launch break so that the game could be ready for tonight, do we know what these 3GB are?

derFeef

Has anyone tried connecting a fightpad via USB to see it if works? I have one and am willing to test it out if no one else has already. I'm still waiting for my stick to be shipped and I ordered it on October 11th. Too many unnecessary and unintentional mistakes on the controller.

I tried the TE stick - the light came up for 5 seconds, then it went off again ;)
Does not work :(

rocK`

Banned
hmm - is there a good source for KI information?

What's a musical ultra?

Any good Glacius BNBs? right now I just f.mp, auto, qcf p for linker, auto, qcf fp for ender as my main bnb, if i'm able to get closer i change it up.

Quoted because I want to know! :(

just did the upgrade and surprise surprise, i am still unable to move up from the $20 to $40 pack by paying the difference.

Has anyone confirmed why this doesnt work when they always said it would? it is still trying to charge me $40 to upgrade!

also - i notice in the dojo mode some things just dont register even though im doing them correctly...im noticing quite a few glitches in this game - the major one being im still not able to upgrade to purchase the Ultra pack!

just did the upgrade and surprise surprise, i am still unable to move up from the $20 to $40 pack by paying the difference.

Has anyone confirmed why this doesnt work when they always said it would? it is still trying to charge me $40 to upgrade!

Have you called Xbox support? Maybe they can help somehow with this?

.la1n

Is there any word of it over on DH's forum or are they being silent there as well? Come on Rich you're the community manager, manage the community :p

Have you called Xbox support? Maybe they can help somehow with this?
Don't think it's them mate, I think it's more of a double helix thing. I'm surprised I'm the only one complaining about it. They touted this feature from day 1 and now it doesn't even work?

It's still trying to charge me $40 even though I have the $20 pack. It's just insane that this hadnt been addressed!

Like I want to play this game more but between this and none of my previous arcade sticks working and being forced to buy another stick for $200,im kind of souring on this game.

El Sabroso

well it is not told in any form that you are able to choose to upgrade from the $20 pack to the $40 pack, but if you purchase both, you can then call Xbox Support so they can refund the 1st $20 pack to you, they have to know having these 2 packs is like having the game twice

.la1n

Another thing I remember them saying that the player on the receiving end of an ultra could leave the match early, not seeing an option for that either.

well it is not told in any form that you are able to choose to upgrade from the $20 pack to the $40 pack, but if you purchase both, you can then call Xbox Support so they can refund the 1st $20 pack to you, they have to know having these 2 packs is like having the game twice

I wouldn't recommend trying this. Microsoft support is incompetent at best.

Another thing I remember them saying that the player on the receiving end of an ultra could leave the match early, not seeing an option for that either.
Did they say this? I thought the issue that they addressed dealt with your opponent quitting after you started your ultra. I remember someone asking if we'd get to finish out our ultra and if the quitter would get a loss. However, I'm sure I haven't heard everything they've said and, considering the other stuff that didn't make launch, it's very possible they mentioned it and just haven't implemented it yet.

.la1n

Did they say this? I thought the issue that they addressed dealt with your opponent quitting after you started your ultra. I remember someone asking if we'd get to finish out our ultra and if the quitter would get a loss. However, I'm sure I haven't heard everything they've said and, considering the other stuff that didn't make launch, it's very possible they mentioned it and just haven't implemented it yet.

I may have misinterpreted what they were saying. It seemed like a nice feature, especially in the future when you know someone will glitch an infinite.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I don't remember seeing any patch in the last day or so.

An XB1 is always in a "low power" state, so maybe it just DLed the patch when you weren't paying attention, and did all the installing and such in the background? I didn't notice one either, and I've quit and restarted the game to make sure I wasn't missing anything...

Don't think it's them mate, I think it's more of a double helix thing. I'm surprised I'm the only one complaining about it. They touted this feature from day 1 and now it doesn't even work?

It's still trying to charge me $40 even though I have the $20 pack. It's just insane that this hadnt been addressed!

Like I want to play this game more but between this and none of my previous arcade sticks working and being forced to buy another stick for $200,im kind of souring on this game.

Right now, Sadira and Orchid aren't even purchasable separately. All downloadable content stuff seems to be a bit messy, unless it's from pre-released games. And the "top off" system isn't something they've had anywhere else before, so it probably has some issues being implemented as well.

How do you think this is a DH issue, and not a Microsoft one? There should be methods to go about this; such as adding a special "upgrade" download to a Combo Edition players purchase options, or a separate Season Pass item to buy for 20 bucks, that allows for an upgrade. This all sounds like things that have to do with "Xbox Stores", moreso than anything squarely based on the game itself.

I'd love to have a list of known issues / concerns with the game, itemized and with projected fix dates / priority listed by the devs, especially when we have nice features like Community Meld built into the game, able to tell us stuff like this fairly easily. But I guess this stuff is all just too new, and not being used very efficiently yet.

malfcn

I did like 20 Dojo lessons before buying the game. Looks like I have to do them again for achievements. Oh well, I could use the practice.

hwalker84

They definitely said you'd be able to upgrade to the pack for whatever the difference is. For example if you bought Thunder and Glacius you should only owe $10 on the $20 pack. Doesn't seem like its working or they completely lied. I'd actually lean on Microsoft dropping the ball or changing stuff on Double Helix.

Maybe support has the ability to refund you and revoke the $20 license in order to buy the $40 one, though. Might be worth a try.

I don't think they've ever said you could upgrade from the Combo breaker pack to the Ultra pack specifically. Someone asked about it on the last stream before launch and they're answer was "stay tuned". What you're probably thinking of is how you can buy individual characters and then top them all off at $20.

Not that it doesn't suck though. It's in everyone's best interest for it to be an option.

They definitely said you'd be able to upgrade to the pack for whatever the difference is. For example if you bought Thunder and Glacius you should only owe $10 on the $20 pack. Doesn't seem like its working or they completely lied. I'd actually lean on Microsoft dropping the ball or changing stuff on Double Helix.
Again, you're talking about paying the difference for the characters in a Season, not upgrading from the Combo to Ultra pack.

DrDogg

Frame data and brief analysis for the last three characters...

Sabrewulf - http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/feature/killer-instinct-frame-data-analysis-sabrewulf

Sadira - http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/feature/killer-instinct-frame-data-analysis-sadira

Thunder - http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/feature/killer-instinct-frame-data-analysis-thunder

So orchid is super unsafe/kinda sucks? aww :(

I personally think Orchid is the worst of the 6 characters. She has a couple of frame traps, but nothing that will really move her up the tier list.

Hearing about how Orchid can't do much against Jago's Wind Kick (only punish with Shadow Ichi Ni San when close). Anyone else have a strategy against it? I figure neutral jumping.

The light and medium Wind Kicks are safe. The heavy Wind Kick is only -5 and has push back. Most characters can only punish with a Shadow attack. However, since Jago is still -5, you can start your offense after blocking the Wind Kick. I haven't checked in Practice mode, but a heavy Rekka *might* reach so you can start Orchid's pseudo-mixup game.

hmm - is there a good source for KI information?

All kinds of info here: http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct

My recommendations:

Beginner's Tips - http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct

System Breakdown - http://primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/feature/killer-instinct-how-play-basics

Anyone else notice the huge penalty for losing 1 match in ranked?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--ljG8oqaw

It depends on the rank of the person you lose to. It's definitely skewed a bit and should be adjusted, but right now if you play someone more than 3 ranks below you, you don't earn ANY experience points for the win. That could also be why you think you're losing an hour's worth of XP.

It's severe, but I haven't noticed it to be *that* severe.

Sometimes I feel like I get people down into the danger and the ultra won't trigger. Is it have something to do with potential? Or I just drop the input.
Hate hate, that you cannot punish Thunder with throws unless you get lucky. I understand he is the "grappler" - but I have learned.
And the XP you get goes away FAST when you lose.

Did you hear "danger" or is the opponent's health bar just low? The potential damage (flashing white part of the health bar) does not count toward an Ultra activation. So unless you hear/see "danger," you can't activate an Ultra.

etc

There are a lot of stats in the "more stats" area of the Fight Stats section. Not everything you want is there, but it gets pretty detailed.

I was using that as an example. It was definitely stated you could go from regular to ultra pack.
I'm sure they said $40 is the Max u can spend digitally with season 1.
I'm just saying I've never seen them say it. I am 100% sure though on the last stream before launch, someone asked specifically about upgrading from the $20 pack to the $40 and their answer was "Stay tuned". Considering none of the Ultra pack content is being sold separately at the moment, the only way you could spend more than $20 on Season 1 is if you could upgrade to Ultra.

Hey Micheal, nice to see you back!!! :) Your going to have to call MS about this, there is no way to perform this action with the options they are giving us at the moment. MS is working on this, but for now, the phone is your best friend concerning this action.

oVerde

Banned
Asked in the xbox one thread...but this might be a better place. I want to know how to open a one controller but I see no screws...

I plan to wire up a saturn pad for use on the one sine the one is not suited for a fighter and madcatz has not announced a fightpad.

90% sure it's under your batteries.

Zornack

Did this game get patched? I was playing it two days ago but when I started up my Xbox today it said "installing 55%."

Edit: Should have probably ctrl f'd "patch" before posting. Is it really 3gb? That sucks for me and my terrible internet. Oh well.

Hey Micheal, nice to see you back!!! :) Your going to have to call MS about this, there is no way to perform this action with the options they are giving us at the moment. MS is working on this, but for now, the phone is your best friend concerning this action.
Cheers man. Expensive call to make from the UAE though. Oh well, I guess I have 4 other games to play while they sort this out.

How do you know all this Btw?

Dai101

Banned

PrinceKee

Going to finally buy this game to play over the holidays. So the only difference between the $20 and $40 version is costumes and the original KI comes with the $40 one?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Going to finally buy this game to play over the holidays. So the only difference between the $20 and $40 version is costumes and the original KI comes with the $40 one?

• Early access to future characters (Maybe through beta? Or sale before bundle?)
  • Classic Costumes (Not in game yet, but on the way.)
  • A special tier of accessories available only in the UE (so far)
  • KI1 (So far with no plans to be sold separately).

WfnSapV.jpg

That image is also available in the OP, but plastered here for reference.

PrinceKee

• Early access to future characters (Maybe through beta? Or sale before bundle?)
  • Classic Costumes (Not in game yet, but on the way.)
  • A special tier of accessories available only in the UE (so far)
  • KI1 (So far with no plans to be sold separately).

That image is also available in the OP, but plastered here for reference.

Are the extra costumes and accessories unlockable in the $20 combo breaker packer? I'm not really big on all the extra costumes and don't think I'll put much time into the original KI...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A mention, from the Play XBLA stream that just ended, it sounds like there are probably 2 accessory sets for each classic costume... So costumes won't have a "premium" set for now, but will have the same amout of base sets as default costumes. That's cool to know!

Are the extra costumes and accessories unlockable in the $20 combo breaker packer? I'm not really big on all the extra costumes and don't think I'll put much time into the original KI...

Nope, the stuff available in the $20 pack are the characters, and their first 2 accessory sets. The things that are listed as exclusive in the chart above really are exclusive to the upper sets, for now.

bumpkin

Still have achievements glitched sadly.
What's happening (or not)?

I thought the achievements were messed up in the game too, until I realized that they don't unlock until you've bought content. The only thing that sucked was they didn't retroactively unlock; that is I had to re-do whatever would have unlocked them after buying the Ultra Edition. It wasn't a huge deal since I hadn't played a ton before buying, but I could see it sucking if I had gone through the trouble of doing a bunch of 'chievo specific work.

Top Bottom