• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Just had my first online match and managed to win.

I think I'm officially addicted to the game now after spending hours in the dojo and practice!

Eoin

Top tips, thanks chaps. I bought all the characters - partly because Max's ravings pre-release got me excited about it and partly just to support the devs (like a kind of after-the-event kickstarter) - it'll just be nice to wipe the floor with friends when they come over ;-)
Stick with it. I was in the same boat at first, but the more you do Dojo and practice the easier it gets. Before you know it you'll be pulling off moves without thinking about it and be able to concentrate on the match. You also might want to try saberwolf, his moves are probably the easiest to pull off.

That moment when you stop fighting the game and start fighting your opponent is glorious and well worth the effort.

rocK`

Banned
hmm - is there a good source for KI information?

What's a musical ultra?

Any good Glacius BNBs? right now I just f.mp, auto, qcf p for linker, auto, qcf fp for ender as my main bnb, if i'm able to get closer i change it up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Almost every time I get into a match I hear the person talki to their buddy in the background, without fail!

how do you turn off the kinect for voice? i'm totally one of those guys bitching in a fight when i'm losing. i'd like to save myself a little embarrassment.

I so suck at fighting games but they look like so much fun. Been playing the dojo and I am getting better... but I am really bad still. I'm also having a hard time holding the controller, it's just a tad too small so resting my thumbs on the buttons make it had to keep my finger near the bumper and trigger. It's worse if I try to use the d-pad so I end up using the left stick (which I've gotten used to).

Things I kind of wish the dojo had, is a time slow down for slow pokes like me to get the key presses right before speeding it up and also an indicator for the stick or dpad moves to see where you're getting it wrong when trying a special.

Oh well, hopefully I can get to the point where I can pull of some combos. :)

double helix should hire me for testing tbh, finished all the available trials so the only thing left is "Dojo: Description Here"

When you try to select it your game locks you out of doing anything and you have to dashboard and manually quit.

edit: all fixed!

Jinaar

Just finished playing this for 2 hours. Holy hell is there lots to learn and enjoy. Play some online and won a few matches. So glad I got this. Well done DH!

malfcn

Sometimes I feel like I get people down into the danger and the ultra won't trigger. Is it have something to do with potential? Or I just drop the input.
Hate hate, that you cannot punish Thunder with throws unless you get lucky. I understand he is the "grappler" - but I have learned.
And the XP you get goes away FAST when you lose.

Jarlaxle

how do you turn off the kinect for voice? i'm totally one of those guys bitching in a fight when i'm losing. i'd like to save myself a little embarrassment.
You have to go to settings. Then, Kinect. In there, there is a box to uncheck for the Kinect to act as a chat device.

DD-11

KI stopped my playtime and told me it needs to download an update. It's 3 gigs, any idea what it is? It must be the entire game. What's going on?

malfcn

How are you supposed to report poor sports on Xbox One where there is no recent players list? I lose a few matches, and then when I start going beast mode on someone they quit. Argh.

Nicktock

Neo Member
KI stopped my playtime and told me it needs to download an update. It's 3 gigs, any idea what it is? It must be the entire game. What's going on?

Came here to ask about this. Wasn't the whole game only 3gb? Hopefully loading times are a little better...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just met MarkMan in Ranked, he was only Trial Horse so I wanted to play my best...
He is such a turtle and "I" deserved to lose in every sense, but I got lucky -- again. Longest KI match I ever had.

I remember! That was a weird match. Your Jago kept moving/teleporting around (probably due to connection issues), so it was hard for me to react/read things. So I just threw moves out cautiously (probably why you think I was turtling).

Can someone please explain to me what X2 and/or X3 means when a move is explained??? I thought it meant to hit the X button 2 or 3 times, but apparently this does not work for me.

And has anyone figured out Orchids Ultra yet?

THX

Nicktock

Neo Member
Update finished for me, nothing is popping out as new...

Can someone please explain to me what X2 and/or X3 means when a move is explained??? I thought it meant to hit the X button 2 or 3 times, but apparently this does not work for me.

And has anyone figured out Orchids Ultra yet?

THX

The X2 or X3 means to hit either two punches/kicks or three punches/kicks. As for getting the ultra to work start a combo and instead of doing a linker do the ultra combo command when your opponent is in the "danger" zone for his/her health.

dookeh

11 win streak, down to the wire and the filthie AI does this:

http://sdrv.ms/IrJT9t

I can't tell if the instinct activation killed me, or if he cancelled a normal with instinct, but I do know that he taunted and then styled on me. lol

Izuna

Banned
I remember! That was a weird match. Your Jago kept moving/teleporting around (probably due to connection issues), so it was hard for me to react/read things. So I just threw moves out cautiously (probably why you think I was turtling).

Whoa, it wasn't laggy at all on my side -- that is a bit worrying.
After watching that replay again and again I started to level up my own Jago and I didn't lose a ranked after that, so thanks anyway! It was nice to see safe hit-confirms working.

I feel like it won't be possible to balance study/work with KI, I'd love to play more but I don't think I can...

Anyone else notice the huge penalty for losing 1 match in ranked?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--ljG8oqaw

I know about this, really annoying. Out of the 200 some matches I played I lost about 30 or so, mostly from those of my rank. I got a win streak of 18, lost about 3 from someone above my rank, and was threatened with delevelling. Took me to win about 50 more times to get it up.

But I understand what's happening. It is a bit like Tekken's title system where if you lose to someone who is lower your rank you don't "deserve" to be the one you are. You need to have a streak on people who are the same rank to rank up. Eventually it will be easy to make it to rank 10 (where I got to) but as of this moment you have to get a streak on Underdogs and higher.

malfcn

Confused.
I have the challenge World Tour: You defeated 6 different characters in online matches.
But not the achievement: Jago's Matchups: Defeat 6 different characters in online matches as Jago.

*squints*

And 2000 matches with each character sounds like a loong time.

DD-11

I uploaded a video clip via upload studio, but its not showing up in my skydive account. I can watch it on my X1 and smartglass, but that's it. Just wondering how to share it.

Update finished for me, nothing is popping out as new...

The X2 or X3 means to hit either two punches/kicks or three punches/kicks. As for getting the ultra to work start a combo and instead of doing a linker do the ultra combo command when your opponent is in the "danger" zone for his/her health.

Wow your awesome man, Thank You so much! It's odd because I have been a HUGE KI fan since it first hit the Arcades back in 1994, on the SNES I used to get 100+ hit combo's with Orchid, but never once have I ever did an Ultra!!! :( Same on the N64 KI:Gold, I would get huge combo's aswell, but just never understood how to pull off an Ultra (Internet was nothing but Chat rooms back then, there was no google or searching for answers, so I never had no one to ask :( ).

Thanks again, you made my night, very much appreciated!

:)

Confused.
I have the challenge World Tour: You defeated 6 different characters in online matches.
But not the achievement: Jago's Matchups: Defeat 6 different characters in online matches as Jago.

*squints*

And 2000 matches with each character sounds like a loong time.

sound like? it is a lot.

I need to look at my SF4 stats and see if I'm anywhere near 2000 matches for any character, lol

ShinAmano

Asked in the xbox one thread...but this might be a better place. I want to know how to open a one controller but I see no screws...

I plan to wire up a saturn pad for use on the one sine the one is not suited for a fighter and madcatz has not announced a fightpad.

Top Bottom