• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

guys whats the easiest way to get KP?

figured survival was my best bet but grinding that out only netted me about 2k

Apparently there's a glitch with Dojo 32. Complete it at least once, then keep entering it and quitting. You'll receive the KP as if you've done it for the first time.

Can't confirm this though.

DrDogg

High level KI will be all about manuals and I think DH planned it that way. Auto's only get you so far aka scrubs. Manuals is where you will live or died at high levels. Which is where it should be imho. Manuals is where the dedicated players hang out much like SF.

The problem that I've found is that in many cases you can only perform one Manual before you have to use a Linker. I think Combo Breakers will mainly be used during Linkers because of this.

As soon as a player initiates the Ultra they are already getting the win for the match even if the other player disconnects / drops.

But when they quit before the Ultra you get nothing...

So you people that bought xbone mainly for KI.....was it worth it?

Mine is coming monday

Without having a stick I'm getting more and more frustrated with the game. I also don't like the Xbox One UI at all, or the fact that they removed the most common and usable features from the Xbox 360.

Once I get my stick I'm anticipating things will change though.

after a certain point why continue to try breaking when luck's definitely not going your way, lol?

Because if you connect a successful Combo Breaker, you regain all that lost potential damage and might be able to make a comeback.

Anybody kno if there's somethin' weird goin' on with purchasing the Ultra edition? My payment won't go through. I went on PSN and added sum money to my account to make sure it wasn't my card causing the issue.

oVerde

Banned
Is it bad that I only like to play Jago after all the Dojos' trials, I only know how to control a fight with him.

I probably would have thrown my controller if I were the 'Wulf player. lol.
man, playing against Glacius online is a heavy duty, for sure.

T.O.P

Banned
@nvm

as for Glacius, if you don't know the match up you better start praying, if you use Sabre just stick to my ass and never let go for total ownage

Jarlaxle

Is it bad that I only like to play Jago after all the Dojos' trials, I only know how to control a fight with him.

I don't think it's bad. I just wish they would come out with the dojo for all of the other characters as well. I hope they don't update the dojo each time they rotate the free character. I'm trying to main Orchid and she would be sixth which is probably a long ways off.

derFeef

I don't think it's bad. I just wish they would come out with the dojo for all of the other characters as well. I hope they don't update the dojo each time they rotate the free character. I'm trying to main Orchid and she would be sixth which is probably a long ways off.

Yup said that before, Dojo for every character would be sweet.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
also, i know the 2nd number on the player card is your rank, whats the first number for?

A rank that is raised by the amount of titles you win.

Also, up for some matches in a bit (2 hours?) with anyone, let's add eachother as friends so we can knock out that challenge and have some fun!

A rank that is raised by the amount of titles you win.

Also, up for some matches in a bit (2 hours?) with anyone, let's add eachother as friends so we can knock out that challenge and have some fun!

and titles vary from "matches" how? I think thats where my main confusion is coming from, also would be nice to have a main stats page you can access

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
and titles vary from "matches" how? I think thats where my main confusion is coming from, also would be nice to have a main stats page you can access

go to Fight Archive> Fight Title. There you can see what your single player rank is (that's what it is referred to) as well as your fight titles for individual characters/general fight titles.

dcx4610

So you people that bought xbone mainly for KI.....was it worth it?

Mine is coming monday

Gonna have to say no.

I put a ton of money into the original KI and the music really got me hyped for the new one. That said, I think I've grown out of fighting games these days. Back then they just seemed fun and there was a bit of mystery around them since the Internet was fairly new.

Now, it's this obsession for everyone to be the best. People study key frame animation, hit boxes, chip damage, etc. It kills it for me when people are that into it.

It's a fun game but without a story mode or a desire to play people online, the game just doesn't have much to offer yet.

I would have been much more happy with a complete game at launch or even a year from now rather than patching it as it goes along.

Blu10

Not having a pad is killing me. Are there still sticks available for purchase. Hate playing this game one the controller.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
If anyone is on and want to party, I'm willing to go some rounds. Friend me and we can get that challenge/achievements done.

Sushigod7

Anyone else pick up a pin edition? I got one today at a MS store which just got a late shipment got home and found no pins. I assume they were supposed to put them in separately?

Sushigod7

Check your packaging and wrappers again, someone a few pages back threw it away by accident and found it still in the trashcan. the pins come attached to a pale blue paper in a very little easy to miss bag.

Didn't have any extra packaging just the plastic wrap, I'll have to check with the store in the morning see if any of the others have pins or if they have them separate.

Top Bottom