• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

dcx4610

Is the full soundtrack up anywhere? I'm annoyed that you can unlock the old KI arcade songs in the store but not the new ones. Other than starting a 2 player game (I don't have a 2nd controller) and setting the time to 00, is there a way to listen to the tracks?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So there is a challenge that goes up in 2 hours about beating 3 friends, anyone want to be my friend for some sparring in a bit? ;D

GT: PAULINK

Edit: God damn at that letter, This better be a huge success for them, they fucking deserve it (and I want a season 2 plz).

I'm fortunate enough to have local people wanting to come over and play but because of where I live my internet is poor. While pretty much every other fighting game I can get some sort of online match going I've yet to get a single online KI match. That means that even though I paid for the $40 version, a good deal of the colors and accessories are locked out for me. It's a been a while, so I'm going to look into getting better internet here but it's still a huge bummer considering I could play stuff like SF4 with little problem (hell, I even got the C To Shining C achievement).

FinKL

So, how do i get a match with someone of my friends list. This new xbox party system is so unintuitive I can't for the life of me find out how to add a person to a hosted game

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So, how do i get a match with someone of my friends list. This new xbox party system is so intuitive I can't for the life of me find out how to add a person to a hosted game

Was that you trying to add me? I was fighting with it earlier but I figured it out, very convoluted. Basically you need to create a party, then host an exhibition match and it will automatically invite them. Very stupid system.

But even when I accept the invite, it never takes me to the lobby. Something is going wrong.

Can't pull off the damn Tiger Fury consistently. So damn frustrating.

Yeah I had that problem too, but after a ton of practice (and I mean a ton) I can now pull it off somewhat consistently. I use the analog stick too, couldn't get the feel of the d-pad.

On another note, I still suck so bad at this game, lol. I am getting better just at a snails pace.

malfcn

Can't tell if it is the game, the xbox or the tv.

Just got a new UN55FH6003F, and have been playing with all the settings.
Whites are glowing, and blacks and details are getting crushed.

The weird part is if I press the home button the game looks fine in the dashboard tile. But as soon as I resume and it expands you can see the colors get mangled like some processing is applied.

I plan on hooking up my other tv to see if something similar happens, but halp.

It's amazing to me on how good the S tier players can do just on fundamentals. Both Justin and Floe more than held their own against Rich despite being on pad on top of it.

I just hope that, at least one of them change characters though. :eek: Since they seem to ride the same character. Lol. But i'll have to check it out when I get the chance!

The counter/combo breaker mind games is so fucking awesome in this game.

I wonder how things will be once everybody has it all down, I can only imagine.

Nuklear

Banned
I just hope that, at least one of them change characters though. :eek: Since they seem to ride the same character. Lol. But i'll have to check it out when I get the chance!

I wonder how things will be once everybody has it all down, I can only imagine.

High level KI will be all about manuals and I think DH planned it that way. Auto's only get you so far aka scrubs. Manuals is where you will live or died at high levels. Which is where it should be imho. Manuals is where the dedicated players hang out much like SF.

MCD

Can't tell if it is the game, the xbox or the tv.

Just got a new UN55FH6003F, and have been playing with all the settings.
Whites are glowing, and blacks and details are getting crushed.

The weird part is if I press the home button the game looks fine in the dashboard tile. But as soon as I resume and it expands you can see the colors get mangled like some processing is applied.

I plan on hooking up my other tv to see if something similar happens, but halp.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722069

malfcn

They need to punish quitters. Now I see why whenever I lose people are already starting to not do Ultras or purposely drop them.

Timu

Survival is getting brutal in the 20s:

CPU does more damage
You can only refill a certain amount of health and carry it on the next round
Increased difficulty

I might play KI again tomorrow, then i'll hopefully know more things for my characters. :3

High level KI will be all about manuals and I think DH planned it that way. Auto's only get you so far aka scrubs. Manuals is where you will live or died at high levels. Which is where it should be imho. Manuals is where the dedicated players hang out much like SF.

Oh, there is no doubt about it. Manuals will surely be a dominating thing. Curious to know how it will all play out within the matches, see counter breakers, styling the opponent at the end up the round to gain back meter. Etc. Just taking in control of the match. Hah.

.la1n

They need to punish quitters. Now I see why whenever I lose people are already starting to not do Ultras or purposely drop them.

As soon as a player initiates the Ultra they are already getting the win for the match even if the other player disconnects / drops.

if you buy the $20 Killer Instinct pack, can you pay the extra $20 to upgrade to the Ultra Combo pack or are you required to spend the full $40 if you want to get the step up in version?

derFeef

if you buy the $20 Killer Instinct pack, can you pay the extra $20 to upgrade to the Ultra Combo pack or are you required to spend the full $40 if you want to get the step up in version?

Phat Michael has problems upgrading from the smaller pack to the bigger one, seems borked right now.

Tenck

I personally think Orchid is the worst of the 6 characters. She has a couple of frame traps, but nothing that will really move her up the tier list.

This is pretty sad to hear, because I liked her the most. Her moves were much more cool to look at in my opinion. I'll keep the Orchid dream alive by playing her a lot :p

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played my first 3 ranked matches last night, won the first but the second game my God. I got matched with someone who was rank 5 and got my ass handed to me so fast! Luckily I got a combo in so it was not a perfect.

The third match I had was quite intense and an even match, the guy on the other end was giving me some sweet abuse though! I assume he did not realise his kinect was broadcasting his anger haha.

I LOVE this game even though I am terrible at fighting games.

T.O.P

Banned
Fuckin hell got to rank 10 fought 2 times with a rank 4 sabrewulf (80% combo with manuals) wich destroyed me, almost rank 8 again, fuuuuu

bumpkin

I finally decided to give online play a whirl (yeah, LTTP I know) last night, did two matches as Jago with some random people the same rank as I am. The first one was against this Sadira player who was just jumping constantly. It was so hard to get a combo going against them -- which I guess was their reasoning for playing jackrabbit -- but when I did, I punished 'em hard. They ended up beating me, but only by a hair.

The second match I played was against someone slightly more grounded who was using Orchid. I pretty much dominated them, didn't even get down to my second life bar. They had me going a few times though, started some combos I didn't see coming. Too bad for them I laid down some c-c-c-combo breaker justice on them.

During both of the matches I heard some sort of chatter over the speakers, but I didn't bother mic'ing up. Rarely do. Not unless I'm playing against friends or people I know.

Is there a running list of Gamertags of GAF'ers who are playing this game? I'd love to have some friendly matches with peeps here.

Twrs

Neo Member
Has anyone else ran out of trials? I only have one left. "Use Instinct Cancel in 2 consecutive Ranked Matches" and it won't unlock. I know I haven't done enough for the 200 trials achievement.

Durock

Here's my Gamertag if you all would like to have some matches sometime! Gamertag: KI Central

Supposedly the patch fixed some of the achievement issues. Has anyone noticed a difference? Seems the same on my end...

Chairhome

As soon as a player initiates the Ultra they are already getting the win for the match even if the other player disconnects / drops.
This is incorrect I think. I did an ultra on someone and as I finished it said "player has left the match", I didn't get the win for it cause I was supposed to rank up

Top Bottom