• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Does anyone have a link to the specific joystick from Amazon that everyone is talking about? I would love to have a better way to control this game because the Xbox One d-pad just isn't doing it for me. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $200, but I would like to at least see what it looks like and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one (is there only one?).

Also, I feel like the KI team built an extremely solid base for this new take on this old franchise for Xbox One. I think the KI team focused on making the gameplay perfect while waiting to implement other modes (like story) later until the gameplay was finished. The way the model for KI is set up allows this and I'm actually really glad that they went with this model because the game is fantastic and will only get better with new content.

Does anyone have a link to the specific joystick from Amazon that everyone is talking about? I would love to have a better way to control this game because the Xbox One d-pad just isn't doing it for me. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend $200, but I would like to at least see what it looks like and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one (is there only one?).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FYJ0I6S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Nori Chan

I feel silly for asking but for those who got the pin ultimate edition did you guys out yo round up in the book? I'm not sure how to do it lol am I over thinking this but should I just insert the pins onto the page lol :p

The moment a second joystick is released that Mad Catz will drop dramatically in price. It's sad how they are gouging the customers right now. No way that thing is worth 200.

The moment a second joystick is released that Mad Catz will drop dramatically in price. It's sad how they are gouging the customers right now. No way that thing is worth 200.
It doesn't even have a mic port. I've been on the fence for weeks, but $200 is just too much when I know the price will nosedive shortly. I'll wait it out, but I echo the complaints about playing this game with the normal controller.

It doesn't even have a mic port. I've been on the fence for weeks, but $200 is just too much when I know the price will nosedive shortly. I'll wait it out, but I echo the complaints about playing this game with the normal controller.

I'm not getting into this game until there is a reasonable priced joystick in the 60-75$ range.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just finished up the remaining dojo trials, but the icon to buy for it is still locked. That happen to anyone else? I got the achievement to pop.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what are the numbers on your name plate thingy? i assume they play into your rank somehow, but not sure how.

Tenck

IMHO, they included the LED buttons so they could jack up the price to $200.

It's because it's going to be the only stick out for a while. Why price competively when there's no competition?

I'm still buying it though. Hate controller for fighting games.

Durock

Still waiting on my stick to arrive. Ordered on October 11th. Anyone order around that same date that has received it already?

Sushigod7

Went back to the MS store the pins are separate from the package in case it comes up again for someone else. Finally ready to play!

bumpkin

Just finished up the remaining dojo trials, but the icon to buy for it is still locked. That happen to anyone else? I got the achievement to pop.
That means you got past #18… Any tips? I always seem to end up throwing an endokuken instead of doing a tiger fury. :(

DrDogg

I'm not getting into this game until there is a reasonable priced joystick in the 60-75$ range.

That will be a long, long time if you want a quality stick. Even sticks for the PS3 and 360 aren't quite that low unless you find a really good deal during a tournament weekend.

You'll be able to find the TE2 for probably $150 next year. I doubt you'll see it any lower before 2015. Other brands probably won't dip below $125... maybe $100 at the very lowest, but I don't see that happening for the good brands.

I 'm ready for the NEC Philly tournament. Hope to see something good from this.

I wanted to go to NEC, but without a stick, no way. I'll be at SoCal Regionals though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Woah, I just realized you can scroll over to the trials on the main screen and select them, instantly bringing you to whatever it's for.

That means you got past #18… Any tips? I always seem to end up throwing an endokuken instead of doing a tiger fury. :(

Is that during the crouching heavy punch part? Main thing I can think is to let go completely for a second before doing the input, since it's easy to roll into the motion and have it be a quarter circle instead.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Took some screen shots with out the HUD. Could make for some good wall paper but them jaggies....

Click the pics if you want to full 1920x1080 size. Let me know what you guys think.

go to Fight Archive> Fight Title. There you can see what your single player rank is (that's what it is referred to) as well as your fight titles for individual characters/general fight titles.

thanks for this, really thought fight archive was just for replays. Also it appears that im not progressing on any titles, gonna guess you have to have a purchased version to progress on these?

spannicus

Was getting my ass whooped in the corner. I can see how a person new to the game can get frustrated after many have been getting more familiar with the moves. Cant wait until they release story mode and more charachters everyone loves Jago.

T.O.P

Banned
MOTHERFUCKIN RANKED SYSTEM

was like 1 match from lvl 11 then boom lost a match, back at almost the start of the exp bar

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

In the practice mode character select it frequently takes 5-10 seconds for the character to appear. Is that normal or is there possibly something wrong with my hard drive?

It does something similar on the versus screen shown on the fight. Sometimes the characters don't appear at the same time, and it takes a while.

Was getting my ass whooped in the corner. I can see how a person new to the game can get frustrated after many have been getting more familiar with the moves. Cant wait until they release story mode and more charachters everyone loves Jago.

A Dojo Mode for all characters could go a long way for newer players, even though Jago's can generally be applied.

The fact that they're testing you is what makes the difference. Not to mention, players would be building familiarity with each character based within the game's teachings.

Silky

Banned

bcosby-9763.png

spannicus

A Dojo Mode for all characters could go a long way for newer players, even though Jago's can generally be applied.

The fact that they're testing you is what makes the difference. Not to mention, players would be building familiarity with each character based within the game's teachings.

Yeah I was wondering why there was no Dojo mode for other than Jago. I know the guys are still working on the game. Seems like a Beta right now. I use the practice room I like to switch up my charchters instead of using the same person.

T.O.P

Banned
Well done. How do you record full matches? All I can seem to do is 30 seconds. Is there a way to move replays to upload studio?

Go to Game DVR - select end recording now - and now you can choose how much the console will record, up to 5 minutes

Then you'll edit everything in the Upload studio, or while in DVR clicking Edit

Top Bottom