• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

RyudBoy

I hate losing a match knowing the only reason I lost was because I missed pulling off an ender using this stupid controller.

K, done raging.

bumpkin

So I used the Game DVR feature for the first time tonight (for the KIC Tournament), and I noticed something weird. I said "Xbox record that" after the fight summary screen came up (with rematch, select character, etc.), and the recordings are all about 5-10 seconds short of what I expected them to grab. Is there a trick to the timing?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So I used the Game DVR feature for the first time tonight (for the KIC Tournament), and I noticed something weird. I said "Xbox record that" after the fight summary screen came up (with rematch, select character, etc.), and the recordings are all about 5-10 seconds short of what I expected them to grab. Is there a trick to the timing?

Say Xbox go to game dvr

Then you can choose how much you want from your history

bumpkin

Say Xbox go to game dvr

Then you can choose how much you want from your history
Hmm, so if I go in there, I should see more of the footage then?

I played a bunch afterwards (Dojo, Survival, etc.), so I wonder if the matches I wanted to capture snippets of are long gone.

DopeyFish

Hmm, so if I go in there, I should see more of the footage then?

I played a bunch afterwards (Dojo, Survival, etc.), so I wonder if the matches I wanted to capture snippets of are long gone.

Sorry I meant snap game dvr

It will give you upwards of 5 minutes... so likely long gone

Got my TE2 stick today.

Does anyone have an Orchid art layout for the stick, where she's on the left side instead of the official art where she's on the right?

.la1n

:'( i regret being cheap with the $20 version everyday :p

Not your fault, they heavily implied (perhaps outright stated but memory fails) that there would be an upgrade option. I don't know what the situation is currently at DH but someone should have issued a statement on this quite some time ago.

Please help.

I've tried googling this. Even with "site:neogaf.com".

No joy.

How the F does Killer Instinct's "fight titles" system work?

I have been playing for 8 hours and gone up only 12 or so title points with the same character.

Given that the only way to unlock things like costumes etc (WHICH I HAVE PAID FOR) is by having enough fight titles this is starting to get extremely tiring.

Digging into the fight titles section seems to explain nothing useful on this.

Please, I'm getting really pissed at this.

DopeyFish

Please help.

I've tried googling this. Even with "site:neogaf.com".

No joy.

How the F does Killer Instinct's "fight titles" system work?

I have been playing for 8 hours and gone up only 12 or so title points with the same character.

Given that the only way to unlock things like costumes etc (WHICH I HAVE PAID FOR) is by having enough fight titles this is starting to get extremely tiring.

Digging into the fight titles section seems to explain nothing useful on this.

Please, I'm getting really pissed at this.

Fight titles are based around multiple stats in the fight title area

Typically how many matches you win, combos you do, manuals, enders etch etc etc

In the fight title page when you select the character, you see the breakdown and see what the easiest stuff you can do.

Completely unrelated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uBeSoRvSA#t=0

A 183 hit PENTA ultra lol

In the fight title page when you select the character, you see the breakdown and see what the easiest stuff you can do.

Thanks for advice. I was looking at that screen, just feels like progress is moving incredibly slowly and I wish there was a guide that just spells out what all of these aspects inside the breakdown actually are (some are clearly not obvious). I'd like a comprehensive FAQ for all this but seems there isn't one yet even the Prima thing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Orchid squats.

One of only a few games I'm interested in ATM, not enough to buy a next gen console but nearly. Maybe next year when they're smaller, cheaper and have the initial kinks worked out. Unless anyone wants to spot me £350? :D

.la1n

Is Orchid available for individual purchase yet or are they still trying to gouge combo / ultra packs out of customers?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
bought the $40 version on day one, have only touched jago. no regrets, happy to support this awesome game.

Orchid is awesome as well. I really suck at fighting games though.

I still want Cinder, maybe next fall.

I have been thinking about Cinder. He will be in, whether it's season 2 or 3, he is coming. I can just imagine the CRAZY stuff they are going to do with him, his looks, moves, fire flying off his body while coming at you! He is going to be one tough character to implement, but from what DH has done so far, I think we are going to be in for a treat!

My two main characters (after Spinal and Fulgore) that I am most interested in is Cinder and TJ Combo! For me, just these 2 characters will complete the game for me! :)

.la1n

I have been thinking about Cinder. He will be in, whether it's season 2 or 3, he is coming. I can just imagine the CRAZY stuff they are going to do with him, his looks, moves, fire flying off his body while coming at you! He is going to be one tough character to implement, but from what DH has done so far, I think we are going to be in for a treat!

My two main characters (after Spinal and Fulgore) that I am most interested in is Cinder and TJ Combo! For me, just these 2 characters will complete the game for me! :)

If there is a season 2 I imagine the team's priority is finishing out the KI 1 cast. Anything after that is anyone's guess but I would think we would see the KI 2 additions as well.

DrDogg

If there is a season 2 I imagine the team's priority is finishing out the KI 1 cast. Anything after that is anyone's guess but I would think we would see the KI 2 additions as well.

^THIS

I would be shocked if we don't have all of the KI1 and 2 characters (sans bosses) by the end of season one.

Spinal was my main in KI1, so I'm most looking forward to him next month (especially if he's anti-Glacius/Sadira), but I really want Combo, Tusk, and Kim Wu as well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is there a way to view recent players to submit feedback? rather tired of people rage quitting out just prior to defeat. hope DH can patch in some sort of forfeit for quitters.

Has the Rage quitting been addressed yet? I have had 3 people rage quit on me either before I win or during my ultra =( Its hard enough to rank up as it is fighting people lower ranked but I hope I am not getting scammed out of experience to my next level.

is there a way to view recent players to submit feedback? rather tired of people rage quitting out just prior to defeat. hope DH can patch in some sort of forfeit for quitters.

This as well. I thought there was a ground breaking new feedback system however all I can see is the option to report people. I see no feedback nor can I see recent players anyway =/

Rey

AAAAAGHHH
Dojo lesson 32 is making me insane.
Tried it for 4 hours last night. Made it till the fifth and i could not do it. Had to close the xbox because I had to sleep knowing I have to start all over. Not sure how long my controller will hold haha

Its really rage material.

SpacLock

what should be my fight stick layout to hit those orchid moves better?

When it comes to fighting sticks the more money you spend the better it is. I bought some with my RayBan™ Aviators sealed in the box with a clear coat glaze over them and the buttons mapped around them in a circle. If you want to pull off the moves in that video it requires more skill, not just expensive hardware.

.la1n

Did DH not get around to fixing the double KO bug? Just had a match bug out after we knocked each other out at the same time. My character got up and could move around while my opponent had to lay on the ground indefinitely.

Trojan X

Banned

I would have gone crazy if that length of Ultra was done during an actual fight, but since this one wasn't... Sorry, I'm not feeling it.

Sushigod7

I would have gone crazy if that length of Ultra was done during an actual fight, but since this one wasn't... Sorry, I'm not feeling it.

Was thinking the same thing when I first clicked then watched, if he could pull that off with a real opponent I'd be impressed. I'm sure someone will.

bumpkin

AAAAAGHHH
Tried it for 4 hours last night. Made it till the fifth and i could not do it. Had to close the xbox because I had to sleep knowing I have to start all over. Not sure how long my controller will hold haha

I'm still stuck on #18 and the one later on that mimics some of its required techniques. I actually forged ahead and did a bunch of the later ones without nearly as much trouble; though I think I stopped just short of the combo ones.

hwalker84

For me Dojo 19 is the bane of my existence and the one where you have to do the down+fierce punch -> Light Uppercut -> Heavy Uppercut I just can't do it.

kodecraft

AAAAAGHHH

I'm still stuck on #18 and the one later on that mimics some of its required techniques. I actually forged ahead and did a bunch of the later ones without nearly as much trouble; though I think I stopped just short of the combo ones.

For me Dojo 19 is the bane of my existence and the one where you have to do the down+fierce punch -> Light Uppercut -> Heavy Uppercut I just can't do it.

I agree, its the controller though, with an arcade stick you should be able to throw in the commands seamlessly.

DrDogg

Maybe I'm not on Justin's mental level and can't see what was going on in his NEC matches, but I was not impressed with his Sabrewulf at all. I don't even think he played the character right. Fail to optimize damage, didn't punish properly, opted for very basic mix-ups... just not impressive to me at all.

Couple of very helpful videos to help bring you to the next level in Killer Instinct:

1. High Level Sabre Wulf Gameplay

I want my 58 seconds back...

I'm not a big fighting game player, and KI is the first I've bought since VF but I never could count frames. I'm lucky if I can just do the move consistently.

You can ignore the frame data. It tells you what normals you can Manual into after Openers and Linkers.

I agree, its the controller though, with an arcade stick you should be able to throw in the commands seamlessly.

I don't agree with this. I got through all of the Dojo with no issues and almost completed 32 with the XBO Controller alone. I don't have a single problem pulling off strings of technical combinations with the Dpad or the Analog stick. I guess all that DOA4 and 5 paid off. Although I didn't really play it competitively =P

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't agree with this. I got through all of the Dojo with no issues and almost completed 32 with the XBO Controller alone. I don't have a single problem pulling off strings of technical combinations with the Dpad or the Analog stick. I guess all that DOA4 and 5 paid off. Although I didn't really play it competitively =P

Same. I had way more trouble getting the timing for combos down as opposed to having issues pulling anything off. I usually am really bad at combo trials but the ones in the dojo for now aren't bad, I was expecting manuals to be all over.

kodecraft

Works for some I guess. I think I should have said it's all about timing and getting around the controller can be doable but on a stick it flows easier.

What's with all the rage quitters in this game? If they quit the second after you beat them, does it still count as a win? Also lol at the people quitting who were kicking my ass, but then I catch up to them. You still have a chance, I'm pretty shit at this game right now.

What's with all the rage quitters in this game? If they quit the second after you beat them, does it still count as a win? Also lol at the people quitting who were kicking my ass, but then I catch up to them. You still have a chance, I'm pretty shit at this game right now.

I'm having similar issues. I heard if they quit during the ultra or such you get the win. But what about exp? And what about regular quitting in the middle of the game? I as long as it takes to rank up I dont want to miss exp cause someone rages =|

kodecraft

I'm having similar issues. I heard if they quit during the ultra or such you get the win. But what about exp? And what about regular quitting in the middle of the game? I as long as it takes to rank up I dont want to miss exp cause someone rages =|

During an Ultra you still get the win, I can confirm this. But if they quit before, then the whole fight is just cancelled no penalties as of now.

Top Bottom