• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

During an Ultra you still get the win, I can confirm this. But if they quit before, then the whole fight is just cancelled no penalties as of now.

Thank you for clarifying. Just for my knowledge what systems are in place in other games? Is it possible to award exp to the one who does not quit? I am not sure how these kinds of things work. I guess I am trying to find something to look forward too lol. Had 4 people quit on me tonight -.-

Mariner

Starting to wonder if Amazon will even get the Mad Catz stick. My order went from shipping at launch to December 13 and now to unknown. It appears they are not accepting additional orders as the page says "signup to be notified."

Really wishing I just ordered directly from the company now.

Vico

Soo, I don't know how interesting this is, but an artist posted 4 concept arts for what he calls an unannounced ip for Double Helix :

803_max.jpg

650_max.jpg

124_max.jpg

One more here.

.la1n

How many teams does DH have? They seemed to imply they were being stretched thin with just KI and a downloadable title (Strider.) Can't imagine they would be able to take on another title unless they've brought on more staff.

Mdk7

During my lunch break i started working on Orchid, to complete my series...
Here's a quick and dirty WIP guys, enjoy!! ;)

Schermata2013-12-10alle143132_zpse2d97abd.png

Enordash

The mix of people I've come across in this game is crazy, but I assume it's this way with all fighters. In Exhibition matches, some people will be really kind. They'll play a ton of matches, do ultra enders, and sometimes even chat and have a good time. Then every once in a while I'll get someone who taunts every time they knock me down, blare music over Kinect, extend their ultras out as long as possible then quit on you after a really close match. A big thank you to all players that aren't like this.

Starting to wonder if Amazon will even get the Mad Catz stick. My order went from shipping at launch to December 13 and now to unknown. It appears they are not accepting additional orders as the page says "signup to be notified."

Same here. The rep I spoke with claimed I would receive mine this Friday, but I have my doubts considering my order show the item with no estimated delivery date.

The mix of people I've come across in this game is crazy, but I assume it's this way with all fighters. In Exhibition matches, some people will be really kind. They'll play a ton of matches, do ultra enders, and sometimes even chat and have a good time. Then every once in a while I'll get someone who taunts every time they knock me down, blare music over Kinect, extend their ultras out as long as possible then quit on you after a really close match. A big thank you to all players that aren't like this.

I hate these people. They often shout out colorful language as well.

DrDogg

I'm having similar issues. I heard if they quit during the ultra or such you get the win. But what about exp? And what about regular quitting in the middle of the game? I as long as it takes to rank up I dont want to miss exp cause someone rages =|

You won't get XP for the win as far as I've seen. When I get a rage quit on a rank up match, I don't get the rank up.

Good news for those that want to use 360 sticks or fightpads for KI
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732085

I haven't watched the video myself, but from what I've been told, it's laggy and therefore not good for fighting games.

Tenck

Madcatz couldn't even fulfill orders for their own preorders, and Gamestop got their shipment before some people on Madcatz site preordered months before release. It's a mess of a release, and my order showed that I might get it after December 25th. Good times.

MANGOD

Banned
I am totally digging this game and I aint even a fight fan but this has got me hooked like street fighter 2 on the snes back in the day. I have 2 problems though and need some wisdom on the main one which i am gonna find hard to explain....
I will admit I can be a bit of a button basher so this could be part of the problem but if I know what I am doing wrong at least I can try to eliminate it. Ive done the first half of the dojo missions so I dont know if this pops up in the second half but my main gripe is. Say I'm in the middle of "trying" to do a combo it will all of a sudden be stopped and a sound is made and it looks as if my character is trying to block. WTF is this it is absolutely doing my head in and it happens all the time?!
Second I have dabbled in the online play and I can admit I am far from bein a master at this game but even trying to do special moves and combos is proving difficult. It feels totally different from fighting a.i opponents and Im struggling. I have a terrible connection with a 5 down 1 up is this the problem?

I am totally digging this game and I aint even a fight fan but this has got me hooked like street fighter 2 on the snes back in the day. I have 2 problems though and need some wisdom on the main one which i am gonna find hard to explain....
I will admit I can be a bit of a button basher so this could be part of the problem but if I know what I am doing wrong at least I can try to eliminate it. Ive done the first half of the dojo missions so I dont know if this pops up in the second half but my main gripe is. Say I'm in the middle of "trying" to do a combo it will all of a sudden be stopped and a sound is made and it looks as if my character is trying to block. WTF is this it is absolutely doing my head in and it happens all the time?!
Second I have dabbled in the online play and I can admit I am far from bein a master at this game but even trying to do special moves and combos is proving difficult. It feels totally different from fighting a.i opponents and Im struggling. I have a terrible connection with a 5 down 1 up is this the problem?

For your first issue, you're most likely doing counter breakers. One of my friends (doesn't play fighting games) was mashing, and always dropped combos because of this. It happens when you hit MP/MK at the same time.

Only thing I can suggest with online is just practice until you feel good about your combos/combo breaking. Re-watch your matches and try and figure out what you're doing right/wrong and fix it.

remz

My tip for avoiding random counterbreakers is to be very very careful about when you hit LT. LT being a macro for 3x kick means if you accidentally press it whilst comboing with MP you will get a counter breaker. It sucks!

I'm really suprised how small the roster of this game is considering it's not an indie game. I didn't realize this was a next-gen game either. It still looks like a 360 game to me.

I'm really suprised how small the roster of this game is considering it's not an indie game. I didn't realize this was a next-gen game either. It still looks like a 360 game to me.

did you watch it anywhere besides youtube?

edit: fight titles achievement didn't unlock for me (Obtain 60 general fight titles)

This is a result of the very short dev time they had. It was almost last minute decision that the game should be made for XBO launch. They wanted to focus on the core gameplay as well as establishing balance rather than cram the roster. This is the better solution IMO since people are more likely to get hooked and enjoy the game more if its not a mess at the core. Quality over Quantity =)

.la1n

This is a result of the very short dev time they had. It was almost last minute. They wanted to focus on the core gameplay as well as establishing balance rather than cram the roster. This is the better solution IMO since people are more likely to get hooked and enjoy the game more if its not a mess at the core. Quality over Quantity =)

IF the final result is an extremely balanced roster than it will have been well worth it. I am hoping the game we end up with in March will closely resemble what people expect from fighting games nowadays. By then we will have lobbies, 8 possibly well balanced characters, and a story mode.

edit: fight titles achievement didn't unlock for me (Obtain 60 general fight titles)

That is one of the issues that we know DH is aware of and working on, along with problems getting all character colors unlocked, general netcode fixes.

Mononoke

Banned
Stupid question. But how do you tell your level online?

EDIT: Also if it says I need 20 wins to unlock something, does exhibition wins count? Getting full on dominated by people in ranked. I don't get why I'm being paired with people this good right out the gate. Strange enough every other 5 matches, I'll play against someone that is more my level. But there is a HUGE gap between those that are really good, and those that are noobs. Not even funny.

remz

EDIT: Also if it says I need 20 wins to unlock something, does exhibition wins count? Getting full on dominated by people in ranked. I don't get why I'm being paired with people this good right out the gate. Strange enough every other 5 matches, I'll play against someone that is more my level. But there is a HUGE gap between those that are really good, and those that are noobs. Not even funny.

I'm not sure, but I would guess that the "wins" achievements are tied to ranked.

You can see your level on your playercard. It's the right most number. The little title there is linked to it, as well (01 is Button Masher, 06 is Underdog, 07 is Hungry, etc)

I think a lot of really good players are still low in the ranks, for whatever reason. Ranks 5-6 are a minefield of guys that kinda know how to play and cold blooded killers. Also fuck you to the laggy thunder abusing a combination of his shitty connection and oki to fuck me in the ass. fsgdsds

Mononoke

Banned
I'm not sure, but I would guess that the "wins" achievements are tied to ranked.

You can see your level on your playercard. It's the right most number. The little title there is linked to it, as well (01 is Button Masher, 06 is Underdog, 07 is Hungry, etc)

I think a lot of really good players are still low in the ranks, for whatever reason. Ranks 5-6 are a minefield of guys that kinda know how to play and cold blooded killers. Also fuck you to the laggy thunder abusing a combination of his shitty connection and oki to fuck me in the ass. fsgdsds

Great. I love that I keep back sliding. Go up a level, then go down two levels. Sigh.

It's just frustrating. I mean, I'm good when I play people at my skill level. But the second I get bumped up a level, it's just instant losses everywhere. Then I get thrown back to the bottom. lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Your level is the number on the right of the title card thing. I'm not sure about the win requirements though.

Mononoke

Banned
It's so satisfying beating someone who teabags me when they take the first round.

Just as soul crushing when a teabagger destroys you. Also love being called a N***** Fa***** while getting beaten to a pulp. Lol I'm done for tonight. Surprised by how many people scream into their Kinect mic (half the time, it seems like they don't even know their Kinect mic is on. I can hear babies crying, music blasting. People yelling (like at a party). Loool. This game got me way too salty. To be fair, I'm a total noob when it comes to fighting games. Don't think I have the skill to stomach this kind of game. BACK TO PEGGLE 2.

malfcn

Been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to play KI.

Start game.
Red KI splash.
Black screen.
Dashboard.

Every. single. time.

I am getting strange games where it is pairing me with 10s and way too high players.
And games are declaring "Winner!" before life bars are depleted.

.la1n

Honestly of all the things introduced in KI I hope the ranking system is the part that doesn't receive any tweaks. I like that it's always dangerous even for upper tier players to lose their rank. If there is no real risk to ranked matches and you always retain your rank then that takes the intensity out of matches. Everyone would just be the highest rank in a couple months anyway.

Mdk7

Orchid avatar (up for grabs!)
Orchid_Icon_zps40041077.jpg

and Jago with a better color scheme (it should be available as well i think!)
Jago_Icon_zps14c008e4.jpg

I'll post the second pic in the series soon (the original is here, in case you feel like seeing it again), just want to work on a little extra first. :p

Enjoy!

hwalker84

I wonder to what point developers are able to do updates for games this gen. Is Double Helix limited to just bug fixes or can they implement full engine/performance tweaks? Game could use some AA if I had to make any criticism.

PSGames

Just as soul crushing when a teabagger destroys you. Also love being called a N***** Fa***** while getting beaten to a pulp. Lol I'm done for tonight. Surprised by how many people scream into their Kinect mic (half the time, it seems like they don't even know their Kinect mic is on. I can hear babies crying, music blasting. People yelling (like at a party). Loool. This game got me way too salty. To be fair, I'm a total noob when it comes to fighting games. Don't think I have the skill to stomach this kind of game. BACK TO PEGGLE 2.

This is so true and hilarious. One of the best things about having Kinect included in every box. It's a little window into the world of the crazies out there.

Enordash

I'm switching to Jago!

Edit: Also, I had some crazy glitches a day or two ago. I joined an exhibition match with a friend and it gave me both the stage select screen and the character select screen at the same time. So, when I selected the stage (I was never actually able to select a character) I got Jago with no mask on. It was his face model with this weird blackness where the accessories should be. I recorded it and really need to grab a screenshot to show you guys what it looked like. He had no wrap over his mouth either. Oh and no sword whatsoever.

So Amazon isn't shipping my joystick and I can't find one anywhere. How the hell are we supposed to get this thing now? They are $400+ on ebay.

Top Bottom