• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Anyone elses fightstick stop working? I had it since launch and yesterday it just stopped working. The off light won't even turn on to show that it is connected to the USB. I tried all three Xbox One USB ports and still nothing.

Grisby

LOL I use Orchid and have the most problems when fighting Glacius aswell.

I'm gonna start saving for the Arcade stick anyway, with so many more Characters coming, and so much more content, the Arcade stick is gonna have to be bought sooner or later with the many years of replay value this game has ahead of it.

:)
Ha, yeah, he just has so many range attacks.

I might look into a fight pad when they become cheaper. I'm using the sticks so my blisters can rest.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Anyone elses fightstick stop working? I had it since launch and yesterday it just stopped working. The off light won't even turn on to show that it is connected to the USB. I tried all three Xbox One USB ports and still nothing.

Change the connection to the stick itself. There's a small notch that has to go on the top or bottom.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Do you guys see this game having a long lifespan? There's no way I'm not going to break down and buy an Xbox One for this sometime in the future, it's just a matter of when. I fucking adore Killer Instinct.

it should.

expectation is we will have at least another season. When fulgore, spinal and story mode drop... A bunch more people will likely buy in.

I am hoping for at least a third season. Good character count, great stage count (whoever broke the mold of one stage per character in fighting games is a jerk) and lots of accessories and costumes

I personally think the game has a bright future... At the moment there isn't enough for everybody... But its coming

.la1n

Good to know they have more or less confirmed that they will be giving Shadow Jago his own move set. Also pretty much confirms he will be available at some point in the future without the need for the Xbox Live Day One Gold code.

It sounds like lobbies are pretty far along in development, hopefully that means they are coming before the end of the year / along with Spinal.

dookeh

So if they are selling the TE2 at Best Buy's in Canada, does that mean that it will be available in the US stores as well?

It sounds like lobbies are pretty far along in development, hopefully that means they are coming before the end of the year / along with Spinal.

To me, this is the most important thing for DH to add to the game. It'll make the online component so much better. Typically, how large are lobbies in fighting games?

DopeyFish

So if they are selling the TE2 at Best Buy's in Canada, does that mean that it will be available in the US stores as well?

its not exactly widespread in canada

when I called for clarification, only the store in surrey, bc was showing any on hand

bs000

its not exactly widespread in canada

when I called for clarification, only the store in surrey, bc was showing any on hand

I picked one up today in Edmonton. Around 5 stores at FS/BB had them but each seemed to only have 1 each because they showed out of stock as soon as I reserved for store pickup.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
werent we supposed to see classic costumes before launch? any update on when we will see them or when they'll launch?

.la1n

Nothing, and Double Helix refuses to answer with anything besides "soon."

It's the new version of the Orchid game play reveal. If we had all just acted less excited about classic costumes they would have showed something by now :p

I will give credit where it's due. they do know how to work the PR machine when it comes to what they think we want to see the most.

spannicus

Some guy named WarriorMight78 was getting the best of me with Jago in the first round. I was using Sabrewolf in the match I turned it around and started wailing on his ass and guess what happens?....The opponent has left the lobby fucking bitch.

Tenck

Some guy named WarriorMight78 was getting the best of me with Jago in the first round. I was using Sabrewolf in the match I turned it around and started wailing on his ass and guess what happens?....The opponent has left the lobby fucking bitch.

Ahahaha, nice (?). I love it when people disconnect, as long as I get my win. Shows I did something correct.

JaggedSac

I can't do the anti air dojo lesson that has you do the down+hp and then the fury uppercut afterwards. How do I do this? He is never close enough for the uppercut to connect.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I like that you can easily record shit like this happening now.

I can't do the anti air dojo lesson that has you do the down+hp and then the fury uppercut afterwards. How do I do this? He is never close enough for the uppercut to connect.

Think of it like canceling the move into the uppercut. It chains together, you don't wait at all.

Sushigod7

Are people just rage quitting in the middle of matches? I was playing exhibition today and started in with a guy and was hitting all my combos right he left about 30 sec in? Thought it was strange but I guess this is happening a lot?

oVerde

Banned
Some douche paired on matchmaking with 2 higher levels than me just chiming in on the headset: are you going to quit too noob? you'll get beaten as hell sucker. And more things you know, so as he started comboing, quite, I regret nothing.

just saw an ebay listing for the fight stick....it was Buy It Now for 749.99......

what the hell

Saw that as well. i hope something bad happens to the seller..Just jacking up the price because he can. it's the worst type of scalper.

i'm not sure who i hate more..Madcatz for creating the artificial shortage of the stick or microsoft for the fact i even feel the need to buy a new stick for an Xbox one when i already have one for a 360.

if you can, everyone should just mod/padhack a 360 stick with a regular Xbox one controller...Screw both of them over..lol

spannicus

Are people just rage quitting in the middle of matches? I was playing exhibition today and started in with a guy and was hitting all my combos right he left about 30 sec in? Thought it was strange but I guess this is happening a lot?

Over on DH forums one guy said he took a guys first bar down and he quit. I just played another guy VisionedDRED he beat me the first match then we got paired back up. I was about to win and he left the lobby. This shits getting old, its just a game.

Sushigod7

Over on DH forums one guy said he took a guys first bar down and he quit. I just played another guy VisionedDRED he beat me the first match then we got paired back up. I was about to win and he left the lobby. This shits getting old, its just a game.

Yeah that's annoying, I like playing better people than me so I can watch different styles combos etc. Poor sports suck.

mr stroke

just saw an ebay listing for the fight stick....it was Buy It Now for 749.99......

what the hell

I almost want to pay for it as I can't play this game anymore with the pad. And it is impossible to find a stick anywhere.

I pre-ordered a stick from GS 2 months ago and it still hasn't showed up, Amazon, Bestbuy and Walmart never even got any. What the hell happened?

oVerde

Banned
Just stepped out of my gaming session, couldn't handle matchmaking pairing me with a level 7 and a 5 again in a row (am lvl 2).

Without question! KI has started a firestorm since living up to the hype, there will be full blown competitions, etc, for KI come summer time. It's much deeper and balanced then MK, and def holds it's own against SF. KI has and will be the next Halo for MS in the fighting game genera, it's really that special of a fighting engine.

I applaud Double Helix, they not only created one of my favorite games at the moment, but I can see this game being my ALL TIME favorite fighter EVER once they are done with it!
^ THIS

Do you guys see this game having a long lifespan? There's no way I'm not going to break down and buy an Xbox One for this sometime in the future, it's just a matter of when. I fucking adore Killer Instinct.

Without question! KI has started a firestorm since living up to the hype, there will be full blown competitions, etc, for KI come summer time. It's much deeper and balanced then MK, and def holds it's own against SF. KI has and will be the next Halo for MS in the fighting game genera, it's really that special of a fighting engine.

MS will carry this game as far as they possibly can, they know they need great games like this against Sony to fight the great fight! I can Guarantee there WILL be a 3rd season, and there will be a KI 4 in the future! How this game turned out, and the response it has received thus far, it has generations ahead of it!

I applaud Double Helix, they not only created one of my favorite games at the moment, but I can see this game being my ALL TIME favorite fighter EVER once they are done with it!

Getting into an exhibition match or ranked match is proving difficult. Sometimes I can get in 1 or 2 fairly easily, then this evening, I was unable to get any, despite ~ 5-10 minutes of waiting.
My NAT is open, and I had no trouble getting into multiplayer hoppers in Forza.

If I'm waiting more then 1-2min, I start over, this always works for me to get a fight going right away. I look at it as a restart on a Phone that ain't working correctly, once rebooted it's golden. :)

Str8upevl

Neo Member
Some douche paired on matchmaking with 2 higher levels than me just chiming in on the headset: are you going to quit too noob? you'll get beaten as hell sucker. And more things you know, so as he started comboing, quite, I regret nothing.

Hate people like that who just feel the need to talk crap. One guy beat me pretty good first match and then when I kept Sabrewulf he started saying oh no characvter select that's okay i'll kick your ass again.....When I hit him with a really nice Ultra I just said XBOX RECORD and then quit lol

remz

Guys like that are the worst. Absolute frauds and even worse that they can't admit it in the rematch.

All I wantto do is fight whenI play this game, lol. can't udnerstand guys who RQ instead of finishing games.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Wait, you already know the depth and balance of a week old game vs a 2011 game?

depth of mechanics yes, we know how the game works and we know where the games mindgames occur

regarding balance, balance is always volatile - a game could be completely balanced until one day a character has something ridiculously broken. its relative to what we know inherently, and as such yes it is more balanced right now than MK which has a lot of stupid problems. that said, pretty much any competently made fighting game will be more balanced week 1 than a game on year 3

DopeyFish

Guys like that are the worst. Absolute frauds and even worse that they can't admit it in the rematch.

All I wantto do is fight whenI play this game, lol. can't udnerstand guys who RQ instead of finishing games.

i can't wait until they have a dedi as a buffer just to learn when someone RQs

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
damn cheers. Do you know if they are going to address this any time in the near future?

I don't know if they've mentioned it at all. I hope it's relatively soon as I want to do the same.

They seem to have messed up some of the pricing stuff in general. They only had 4 of the cast available to buy seperately at launch, and it looks like they just added Sadira today or yesterday. Orchid is still only in the pack.

Top Bottom