• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Timu

SpinalScreens01-1024x576.png

SpinalScreens23-1024x576.png

SpinalScreens19-1024x576.png
50b0ecb26fc07.gif

Spinal looks great and his stage is awesome as well.

Can't wait to see what kind of accessories they created for him. I'm hoping for a badass looking pirate hat.

Hopefully we'll finally be able to see him in motion soon.

RT17

Banned
Is there anywhere that either has the Killer Instinct TE2 Fightstick in stock or likely to have it for sale soon? Can't find one anywhere.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Is there anywhere that either has the Killer Instinct TE2 Fightstick in stock or likely to have it for sale soon? Can't find one anywhere.
The MS store had some in stock yesterday..for like 15 minutes.

Id say your best bet is to check GameStops, they seem to get a few in at random. I think MarkMan said the next large batch of sticks was coming in a month or so.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
no footage yet? no trailer?

Well... at least we know spinal will be out in two weeks regardless.

:p

Oh and lobbies will not be this month. Adam isgreen corrected himself on twitter.

Said ragequitters, spinal/stage and new costumes yes, but lobbies no. I would assume they aren't far behind though.

LTWheels

Well... at least we know spinal will be out in two weeks regardless.

:p

Oh and lobbies will not be this month. Adam isgreen corrected himself on twitter.

Said ragequitters, spinal/stage and new costumes yes, but lobbies no. I would assume they aren't far behind though.

Makes sense from their point of view. Having lobbies for say the February update gives something to feel the time till Fulgore.

DopeyFish

Makes sense from their point of view. Having lobbies for say the February update gives something to feel the time till Fulgore.

think about the wait in-between season 2 and 3...

i expect they'll release season 2 fairly complete compared to season 1

which means instead of having major stuff fed to us over a span of 5 months.... we get nothing for a year :O

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i guess i'm the only one who thinks spinal looks... odd? his legs look really out of proportion.

bumpkin

Spinal screens take the sting out a little, but I want to see him in action NOW!

Oh, and the kraken sinking the biggest ship in the water during an ultra? Yes please!
Just speculating what the crazy destruction animation will be.

.la1n

Hope we see Glacius' costume this month, looking forward to that the most. Great news we are going to get Spinal and a patch for DQ/RQ. Lobbies / better match making for February is a great plan, take the time to get it right plus makes the wait for Fulgore a little easier. Guess ultra edition gets Spinal next week and everyone else the week after.

Spinal screens take the sting out a little, but I want to see him in action NOW!

Oh, and the kraken sinking the biggest ship in the water during an ultra? Yes please!
Just speculating what the crazy destruction animation will be.

They have all but confirmed the kraken so I'd bank on it.

fernoca

Jago looks so sexy in his alt/original costume..haven't played in a week, jumped back to day..noticed it, and been playing over the last hour with him! XD

malfcn

The two characters I despise the most are Glacius and Sadira players. In the case of Glacius all they do is jump up and down hitting kick. Make one mistake and there goes half your life. Sadira is almost equally as bad. All she does is shoot here webs constantly from the air. Make one mistake and she zip lines in and gets a big combo.

remz

The two characters I despise the most are Glacius and Sadira players. In the case of Glacius all they do is jump up and down hitting kick. Make one mistake and there goes half your life. Sadira is almost equally as bad. All she does is shoot here webs constantly from the air. Make one mistake and she zip lines in and gets a big combo.

The Sadira webline move that zips in is unsafe of block. If you block it you can counter her fairly easily.

malfcn

The Sadira webline move that zips in is unsafe of block. If you block it you can counter her fairly easily.

Most competent players, or at least against me don't hit the zipline unless I goof. So they are never in danger of getting punished. It hits the ground and they get to retreat.

I want to learn some Thunder. He gets to go through everything, and countering him is a pain in the ass. I play as Jago, and I can't tell how many times I get assed out of combos against him. I will catch him slipping and he falls out of combos or his reach makes it hard to punish. It's batshit that I can cross him up, and he can whiff air during my move and it catches me.

HAPPENED AGAIN.

I dragon-punch him and one hit connects, and he recovers and punished me. What the hell.
And then I lose my rank to a bunch of salty quitters. This game needs major tuning on the quitters. It sounds like it is coming, but it can't come fast enough.

AND MORE.

It has to be a Thunder thing. I jump over him, and he is doing his spinning thing and I kick him in the back..and I take damage. *face palm* I should just quit this and go to bed before I go mental.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Spinal looks... like I expect him to look, after sticking with this game for so long ;-) I like the ghostly color of green they chose for his effects, though. Glad to hear lobbies are "Soonish"... they'll be getting to this a lot sooner than MVC3 did, that's for sure.

Pretty surprised at weekly character rotation.. pretty bold. Though this still presents the idea that it'll take a person nearly 2 months to get BACK to a character, once they get rotated out, and we have Spinal & Fulgore. So should still offer solid incentive for purchase.

It's been a while.. any word on upgrading from Combo Breaker to Ultra without paying full price?

In today's stream, they address the idea that the "Top off" stuff is something that's consciously in the works.

While it was annoying not to see Spinal in stream, they did talk a lot about their plans today, and seemed to have clearer vision on timeframes and s1/s2 goals than usual. It's worth a watch (or watch Acidglow's synopsis) if you're curious about everything.

.la1n

If they are discussing a possible physical retail disc after all the characters are out then I can only assume the game has been selling very well. I would say season 2 is a lock at this point. That makes me extremely happy, I wanted to be able to at least see all the original KI roster making a return and it appears we will get at least that much. I give DH a lot of shit but they really have created something impressive and nothing but props to them. Look forward to what they bring over the next year.

bumpkin

If they are discussing a possible physical retail disc after all the characters are out then I can only assume the game has been selling very well. I would say season 2 is a lock at this point. That makes me extremely happy, I wanted to be able to at least see all the original KI roster making a return and it appears we will get at least that much. I give DH a lot of shit but they really have created something impressive and nothing but props to them. Look forward to what they bring over the next year.
It'd be nice (though I know not likely) if they'd sell an empty case w/ cover art to those who want to buy one that got the game digitally already.

DopeyFish

they said last night that they'd like to release a disc version... But preferably after season 3 is released. Its a waiting game for content to make the price worth it. That and they can capture more sales from people who never go online.

at that point they should also consider releasing on PC, too.

that's about 1 year 8 months away...

the thing that they will have a fun time is all the people who buy in at $40 a year and then they release a disc version for $60 lol

.la1n

I also caught that they wanted to give Shadow Jago his own move set but with him being a limited availability character it would make him not tournament viable. It sounded like they were going to try to make him available to everyone at some point, that would be a nice way to add an additional character to the roster without needing an all new model.

.la1n

I wonder what is taking SO long for us to get some spinal footage. He has to release in 2 weeks, so what's the hold up?

With the amount of time left in January + confirmation that Spinal / Ultra owners get him first that leaves two options.

1) Early release for Ultra next week + reveal video. Spinal release for everyone the week following.

2) When they said Spinal released January they meant only for Ultra pack owners. This would put game play video next week, Spinal release for Ultra owners a week later. Spinal release for everyone else first week of February.

I am leaning more towards option 1 so that could mean game play video as early as Monday of next week with the character being available to Ultra pack owners around Thursday.

agentreza

With the amount of time left in January + confirmation that Spinal / Ultra owners get him first that leaves two options.

1) Early release for Ultra next week + reveal video. Spinal release for everyone the week following.

2) When they said Spinal released January they meant only for Ultra pack owners. This would put game play video next week, Spinal release for Ultra owners a week later. Spinal release for everyone else first week of February.

I am leaning more towards option 1 so that could mean game play video as early as Monday of next week with the character being available to Ultra pack owners around Thursday.

Another possibility might be that made a deal with a media partner to broadcast with like they did with the Orchid reveal(IGN)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks for the heads up SAB, I'll check it out. Glad things are starting to take shape, really been enjoying KI.

NP, and I agree. The quiet updates and lack of solid info really lets us know that this dev team is new to this kind of delivery... but everyone is. I'm glad to hear they're finally settling on a solid vision.

I wonder what is taking SO long for us to get some spinal footage. He has to release in 2 weeks, so what's the hold up?

Playable, but without voices and stuff in place, maybe? That's the one good thing about old DLC policies on consoles; content had to be finished well in advance, so by the time you got to see it, it was dead set. *yet still probably glitchy, oddly.*

KI seems to be delivering stuff within hours or days of it being complete. This is exactly what people asked for, that their DLC be something made after development, rather than pre-made items that just sat on a server for months.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, by expecting the Ultra & "Everyone else" dates to be anywhere near that close. They'll probably get "Top off" purchases working before having Spinal Offered separately, as additional incentive to pay to flat upgrade. I wouldn't be surprised to see a month or 2 in date difference, with accessory sets and lobbies offered in the meantime.

Maybe they'd even introduce Spinal to the masses by releasing him after a free week of letting people sample him.

There have been no trailers or media-blowouts for the costumes we've gotten recently, so I wouldn't be shocked if Spinal makes his way into our hands before a video, really. They seem to like to let the players build the hype some, and then inform the masses later on. Which I actually quite like, personally.

.la1n

I suppose I should have clarified, by "everyone else" what I really meant were the people who bought the $20.00 version of the game that includes all 8 character but no early access. I know he won't be available for individual purchase for quite some time. My fault.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It is a good point, though! How have the costumes been appearing between Ultra and Normal purchasers?

I guess whatever they end up doing with Spinal will also be the same way they handle Fulgore & his stage.

Top Bottom