• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DD-11

Crazy how small the community is when you look at title ranks, 500 needed to be at 10,000, 700 puts you at 4,000

love my bar now
zOJi4lC.jpg

Still think the major issue of this game is lack of options when getting up, so sick of wake ups that you cannot avoid.. let me roll like street fighter

Agreed.

malfcn

Game is doing it again, my moves come up first but still lose.
And Glacius counters today were a no go, he'd jump up and I'd AA, and it'd lose too.

Delt31

is the official ki stick better than the other mad cat sticks out there? I ask b/c I have a cronusmax and using my sf vs tekken stick. Is the KI stick somehow better or is it the same type of stick same quality, etc but its works by default on xbo?

remz

is the official ki stick better than the other mad cat sticks out there? I ask b/c I have a cronusmax and using my sf vs tekken stick. Is the KI stick somehow better or is it the same type of stick same quality, etc but its works by default on xbo?

I personally think it's the best Madcatz stick I've used, but I've only tried the original TE and SE sticks.

The only downside is it doesn't work on PC. nice build quality and stuff though.

malfcn

I have hat 3-4 quitters in a row just now.
Btw, how are they quitting so fast. Home > Quit?

And now I can't replicate a boss combo I pulled off.
Did the HP finish with the shadow kick move.

Is "ImFilthieRich" the boss? Got handed by him.

.la1n

I have hat 3-4 quitters in a row just now.
Btw, how are they quitting so fast. Home > Quit?

And now I can't replicate a boss combo I pulled off.
Did the HP finish with the shadow kick move.

Is "ImFilthieRich" the boss? Got handed by him.

ImFilthieRich is the community manager.

Delt31

I personally think it's the best Madcatz stick I've used, but I've only tried the original TE and SE sticks.

The only downside is it doesn't work on PC. nice build quality and stuff though.

why is that? best stick you've used? what makes it diff b/c it looks the same as the other TE sticks.

KaidoRacer7

Is there any fightpads available? I'm not so hardcore to buy a arcade stick, I just want a good controller to use sometimes (and didn't like X1 controller)

remz

why is that? best stick you've used? what makes it diff b/c it looks the same as the other TE sticks.
I like the foam on the bottom and the general shape /build. All the TEs have super similar buttons and parts so the outside is the main difference

bumpkin

Sorry all for not reporting back sooner. The weekends are always a whirlwind of things I need to do and usually not much of what I want to do.

I got my CronusMax on Saturday and finally got around to getting it working last night. I encountered some problems getting it setup, apparently having any sort of USB extension cable -- or maybe just the one I was using -- between it and the XB1 made it give me the finger when trying to connect my PS360+'ed SFIV Fightstick TE. I'm not really sure why it matters and why it was a problem. It detected the XB1 controller during the authorization step just fine.

At any rate, once I got it working I didn't notice any input lag whatsoever for the hour or so I was playing using it. I had it randomly stop working for a few moments at one point, but I'm just chalking it up to my cat jarring it loose while climbing around my XB1 (curse my open TV stand!). I unplugged the stick and plugged it back in and it was fine.

…oh, and I wanted to share a clip of an epic last minute comeback I had in a survival match. I felt like such a badass when I actually baited the computer into combo break'ing me and brought the pain!

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=BBAFBCC7E62DBE9E!113&authkey=!AADBROm_RQ74SQg&ithint=video%2c.mp4

.la1n

So is this the week of Spinal?

Hoping we might see a release Thursday, maybe a gameplay trailer before then. He has to be next week if not this one since it's the last week of January. My original prediction was the last week in January but before then would be awesome too :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hoping we might see a release Thursday, maybe a gameplay trailer before then. He has to be next week if not this one since it's the last week of January. My original prediction was the last week in January but before then would be awesome too :)

just want to point out that they have essentially released every character trailer on a Friday with the exception of orchid/spinal because of halloween

if anything, I assume trailer on Friday and spinal on next wednesday

njean777

Really tired of quitters. Why in the world you do not get the win because somebody quits is just beyond me. I should get the win, and they should be disciplined accordingly.

.la1n

A fix for ragequitting is coming soon.

Yeah this month actually, probably with the Spinal update. Looking forward to seeing how they choose to handle it, I assume probably loss of points (main reason people disconnect in the first place) so should help quite a bit with rage quits. I am interested in seeing how much they penalize people for it. I believe lobbies weren't going to make it until next month but they did say we would see some more costumes / accessories this month. I assume Orchid / Jago's 4th set will be officially released but I am hoping we might see another character's retro costume (Glacius please.)

derFeef

Crazy how small the community is when you look at title ranks, 500 needed to be at 10,000, 700 puts you at 4,000

love my bar now
zOJi4lC.jpg

Was fun playing dude! But the AUT-USA lag is not optimal - not game breaking but matches are jumpy and it changes from *me doing a shadow move on you* to *you doing a combo on me* suddenly *g*

Not as an excuse since I am pretty bad anyway and never won, but just saying *g*

I love how ninja-zombie-pirate-robot they're going with these character themes. Spinal's an undead Scottish pirate, Glacius is a symbiotic cryokinetic alien, Sadira is a psychedelic-metal middle-eastern-or-maybe-some-kind-of-spanish insect-summoning kick chick...

Requiem

Ok this game is hard to learn....

Went through the basic training and I can't for the life of me pull of consistent combos. I feel like I'm button mashing half of the time. Any tips for a newbie??

PS - Maining Thunder if that helps

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Went through the basic training and I can't for the life of me pull of consistent combos. I feel like I'm button mashing half of the time. Any tips for a newbie??

never played thunder, but the generic thing is to open with a special, then link with any attack, then combo with another special, link again with any attack, and a finisher. throw in shadow supers in combo or as a finisher. profit.

Requiem

never played thunder, but the generic thing is to open with a special, then link with any attack, then combo with another special, link again with any attack, and a finisher. throw in shadow supers in combo or as a finisher. profit.

Who do you play with?

Enordash

Managed to get myself up to a rank 9 (Challenger maybe?). Any higher ups willing to help me get over my current skill roadblock? If so, my GT: WM Enordash

malfcn

*Loser Quits*
"Xbox record that quitter."
*Quitter starts complaining*

I would love to see a d/c stat on some of these fools.

Eoin

Just keep at it. I had the same problem at first, as it had been 10+ years since i'd even touched a fighting game, but eventually it just clicks. I think its just getting the muscle memory down. Turn on your inputs in practice and see where your going wrong, the likley hood is you're getting sloppy mid combo and messing up a linker. Saberwulf might be a good bet to try as his directional inputs are easier.

Requiem

Just keep at it. I had the same problem at first, as it had been 10+ years since i'd even touched a fighting game, but eventually it just clicks. I think its just getting the muscle memory down. Turn on your inputs in practice and see where your going wrong, the likley hood is you're getting sloppy mid combo and messing up a linker. Saberwulf might be a good bet to try as his directional inputs are easier.

Your definitely right about Saber. I thought because it was back/forward, you'd have to hold it (like a sonic boom) but it turns out you just have to press it, so it's much easier for me to grasp the concepts better.

Kriaser

As much as I enjoy making people rage quit... I really do hate losing in a good match, only to attempt to fight back for my points against salty people.

Ah well.. It's okay for now.

Top Bottom