• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

bumpkin

Dave! We're friends on PSN. I haven't picked up my Xbox One yet, and won't have the money to do so for another week or so, but feel free to send a friend request to Sdoots. I'll accept it as soon as I get on Xbox Live again. (My 360 is already packed up.)
Cool, will do!

bumpkin

Well that's kind of a killjoy... I put in an order for a CronusMax on Monday, but now I'm hearing rumors of the device "burning out" USB ports on an Xbox One. The only other info I could find was somebody saying it was possible if you had two connected simultaneously.

I'm hoping this is just the work of some shit-starter and there's no truth to it. I can't find the KI stick anywhere, and frankly, I'd really like to just use my existing Fightstick.

agentreza

Well that's kind of a killjoy... I put in an order for a CronusMax on Monday, but now I'm hearing rumors of the device "burning out" USB ports on an Xbox One. The only other info I could find was somebody saying it was possible if you had two connected simultaneously.

I'm hoping this is just the work of some shit-starter and there's no truth to it. I can't find the KI stick anywhere, and frankly, I'd really like to just use my existing Fightstick.

Just checked their forums and looks like thst rumor is true at all. They have not received a single complaint about it yet :)

For those that were looking forward to using Sabrewulf in the free version, the Xbox Twitter page just posted that the character has cycled. Might be worth loading up the game and checking it out.

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/423569034488320001

BACK, FORWARD, BUTTON MASH, UP, DOWN, BUTTON MASH!!! WIN!!!

In early ranks of course...

Incoming even more Sabrewulf players than before!!!

Anything to get rid of the jumping Jagos!

T.O.P

Banned
Back to Gate Keeper again

Keeping the ranks with Orchid is a fuckin pain in the ass, i have too much unsafe stuff :/

Spinal day -1 bring my new main DH

Timu

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hope he is on stream tomorrow

Finally have the evening off on a Thursday

Them doing a livestream reveal would also allow them to hold off on a fulgore reveal, too. Probably for the best because 3 months is FAR TOO LONG (er, 2 months, whatever. Feels like 3)

Them doing a livestream reveal would also allow them to hold off on a fulgore reveal, too. Probably for the best because 3 months is FAR TOO LONG (er, 2 months, whatever. Feels like 3)

I want Fulgore reveal tomorrow dammit. Gimme!

T.O.P

Banned

After so much time Spinal full trailer with the Fulgore snippet in the end is a must or i'd be pissed

Just noticed on the KI store that it now lists the accessory sets from the Ultra Edition for Jago, Sabrewulf and Glacius. They're $2.99 each. Doesn't have Thunder, Sadira or Orchid's on there yet. Still no $20 upgrade path to the Ultra if you already own Combo Breaker either. Wonder if that's going to end up coming soonish.

.la1n

I won't be able to watch if they reveal tomorrow ;__;

Yeah I have to work so I will be missing the live stream. Will catch up when I get home and I hope they show some good stuff. I think it's pretty safe to say we will at least see Fulgore's in game model at the end of the Spinal official game play trailer (whenever we get it.) It will be a very long wait for him though. I am sure we will see retro costume sprinkled through February to help with the wait, maybe lobbies :)

Timu

Just noticed on the KI store that it now lists the accessory sets from the Ultra Edition for Jago, Sabrewulf and Glacius. They're $2.99 each. Doesn't have Thunder, Sadira or Orchid's on there yet. Still no $20 upgrade path to the Ultra if you already own Combo Breaker either. Wonder if that's going to end up coming soonish.
Yeah I just saw that, screenshot I took as well:

ibfpVSGfVoc2zQ.png

senador

Banned
Hey guys. Is Sabrewulf the current free character or not? Tons of sites have posts from Jan 3rd about an update that went live and Sabrewulf being rotated. Then there's the tweet today from Xbox saying he's the latest free character. I ask because for me it's still Jago. Is something wrong for me or is there some horrible communication going on?

El Sabroso

I don't think is coming ever, because they let you purchase all for just $40 or just some stuff for each purchase

malfcn

They are fools if they don't add an upgrade option. Or they want to force people to spend another $40 for the stuff. I wish things would be coming out faster..or at least the info. Don't want things to be rushed but 2 more characters are story mode need to come! And then season 2!

Durock

Two things I hate that I still have to find a good strategy for: repetitive jumpers and Jago's who find their way across the screen and spam fireballs. Try to jump or go under, get pummeled with a Wind Kick.

derFeef

Two things I hate that I still have to find a good strategy for: repetitive jumpers and Jago's who find their way across the screen and spam fireballs. Try to jump or go under, get pummeled with a Wind Kick.

I could slap myself when jumping Jagos who just spam tiger fury or fireballs beat me. Why does this work? I guess punishing is the answer. And I don't speak that language yet, sadly.

Definitely do not guess against players that know what they are doing, you'll lose every time.

Yeah I need to learn and just sit there maybe, it's rough though.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah I need to learn and just sit there maybe, it's rough though.

Yo Der

a couple of things i noticed when we played

-too static, if you r still focusing on Sadira learn the mix up, how to keep the pressure and how to move with her air moves, and keep an eye on what the other dude is doing (how he reacts to knockdowns, cross up, grabs)
Sadira has the best pressure game when it comes to mix up, but if you hesitate too much you will have problems, practice with a dummy with the blocking command and stick with it until you got it down
-you lose too esily the flow of a combo, i saw too many combos without an ender
-learn to notice if the enemy is on lock out, you have to go all in if it happens, don't waste it
-you need more variety with AD and linkers, i often saw you using the same button for the entire duration of a combo, and doing this without keeping ready a counter breaker and expecting the other person to break the combo makes it too predictable

As you said, better not try to break a combo than guessing!

derFeef

Yo Der

a couple of things i noticed when we played

-too static, if you r still focusing on Sadira learn the mix up, how to keep the pressure and how to move with her air moves, and keep an eye on what the other dude is doing (how he reacts to knockdowns, cross up, grabs)
Sadira has the best pressure game when it comes to mix up, but if you hesitate too much you will have problems, practice with a dummy with the blocking command and stick with it until you got it down
-you lose too esily the flow of a combo, i saw too many combos without an ender
-learn to notice if the enemy is on lock out, you have to go all in if it happens, don't waste it
-you need more variety with AD and linkers, i often saw you using the same button for the entire duration of a combo, and doing this without keeping ready a counter breaker and expecting the other person to break the combo makes it too predictable

As you said, better not try to break a combo than guessing!

Thanks dude :)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, i was scared that I didn't get the challenge done for the month, but I guess it is retroactive because when I turned the game on it just gave it to me, free pins ho!

hwalker84

God I wish the recording also captured voice chat. I jumped on late last night and got some solid wins in. I almost got a perfect on this guy. He was screaming but not a whining scream more frustrated and funny.

DrDogg

All this talk of quitting, and I quit my first match. I feel dirty, I am a rank 7 and it matched me with a rank 29. That is plain stupid.

So you quit because it would've been a challenging match? Why are you even playing ranked if you want to avoid hard matches? Just because you got ranked against a higher level player one time is not reason to quit at all.

With the change to the ranking system, would you have even lost points?

Back to Gate Keeper again

Keeping the ranks with Orchid is a fuckin pain in the ass, i have too much unsafe stuff :/

Why are you using all of the unsafe attacks? She has plenty of safe attacks to work with.

bumpkin

Stream today?
I'm pretty sure they all but confirmed there would be a stream this week, it's just a question of how much goodness they're going to give us. All I'm really hoping for is a Spinal reveal, mainly because of those evil Twitter teases about how awesome he looks in action.

A bit of a teaser for Fulgore would be rad too.

Maybe a peek at other classic costumes?

We'll find out in 75 minutes (usually starts at 5pm EST).

Top Bottom