• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

hwalker84

lol him stealing meter is nuts

and he has skeleport o_O

he has a run instead of a dash

jesus

But he's dog slow without the run.

Also said his instinct it regenerating skulls

Gains skulls by absorbing a special move or shadow move

Doesn't morph into other characters (BOOOO!!!)

.la1n

spinal trailer will for sure be out before the stream next week lol

A trailer literally right before he launches, good stuff DH.

So cert is the only thing holding Spinal back now and he comes to ultra and combobreaker players at the same time.

So let's wait until almost the end of the month to finally get around to relaying this information, brilliant. Microsoft's patch certification process has been known for going on seven years now so I would think most competent developers would plan for that. It would also help if this information wasn't being relayed through a niche Microsoft stream. People can be very understanding when they are informed, what we have here is a unnecessary shroud of secrecy over anything related to this game combined with piss poor community management.

.la1n

I feel pretty dumb for ever trying to defend the pricing / update model they were pushing with this game. Perhaps in the right hands it would be a great idea but this isn't the developer or publisher for it.

Banned
I feel pretty dumb for ever trying to defend the pricing / update model they were pushing with this game. Perhaps in the right hands it would be a great idea but this isn't the developer or publisher for it.

That seems really harsh. They've put out a fantastic game and are committed to continue to support it on the fly and adapt as need be.

derFeef

I would be totally fine with him not making jan even if they clearly said - IF they would have shown him before. 3 months after the first teaser, only 3 new lackluster screenshots last week, and Utra edition benefits were a total lie imo. It sounded like we could play an unfinished character (in terms of balancing and polish). :/

We (maybe) get Fulgore teaser next week so why should we believe he will be ready in march - together with story mode?

edit: This is true SAB but they should not say something they can't deliver upon, bloody hell they were teasing the next characters even.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It could be a lot worse. We could have no weekly streams (I think they'd get less ire if they actually stopped the weekly streams). We could have people who never give ANY info on streams, and don't even try to speak to the community.

We could have a country in Japan deciding decisions, while the American group has to play by their rules, with no real power.

Or we could have a situation similar to what happened to Skullgirls; idea was to release straight forward stuff to the game just a bit after release, and now we've in a new year with barely anywhere near the amount of originally planned updates STILL not on consoles.

We're barely 1 months into the new year, and we'll have a character, 2 classic costumes, 8 new accessory sets, and lobbies, more costumes and accessories and ANOTHER new character within 2 months of that. Each comes with their own stage and soundtrack, and presumably titles, achievements, etc.

----

Anywho, that was another informative stream. We learned about Spinals Dive kick, absorb, some shadow properties, his instinct mode, slide, overhead, Laser-sword-ish move, and even his taunt. We might not have seen the model moving and fighting, but I think we got the next best thing, basically.

Wish they'd announce more solid dates for costumes and such. Would be nice to have them release like every other week or something.

hwalker84

The excuse they gave is complete horse shit. We haven't shown anything because Spinal and the patch are going through certification.... WTF does that have to do with loading up a build and showing him.

The excuse they gave is complete horse shit. We haven't shown anything because Spinal and the patch are going through certification.... WTF does that have to do with loading up a build and showing him.

i bet the trailer has "available now" on it and they don't want to make a new one

As I said. That doesn't stop them from giving us some footage. Like we have to wait for everything videogame related to pass certification before seeing it?

Wouldn't be surprised if they're embargoed. Microsoft may have "sold" the footage to a site like IGN so they get to upload it first and Double Helix and co. can't show any in-game stuff.

Just speculating, I have no evidence to back this up.

.la1n

Wouldn't be surprised if they're embargoed. Microsoft may have "sold" the footage to a site like IGN so they get to upload it first and Double Helix and co. can't show any in-game stuff.

Just speculating, I have no evidence to back this up.

It's a possibility I suppose. IGN would offer a decent amount of exposure but we aren't talking a new game launch. We are discussing a single character DLC release that players of the combo packs already purchased. Some forward thinking to have a build with him playable would have been a smart move. Trailers are great and I like them but their purpose is greatly diminished when they are released within days (maybe hours) of the content they are teasing.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here though. The game is still fun and I want to attempt to stay positive about it. I'll chalk it up to growing pains with a new content delivery method.

Sometimes being critical isn't so bad, I'm sure the DH read GAF and maybe that means they are taking some of this in. I can't always praise games I enjoy, got to bring out the bad too. Sometimes "well it could be worse" isn't a good enough reason for me to just accept when something is obviously handled poorly.

It's a possibility I suppose. IGN would offer a decent amount of exposure but we aren't talking a new game launch. We are discussing a single character DLC release that players of the combo packs already purchased. Some forward thinking to have a build with him playable would have been a smart move. Trailers are great and I like them but their purpose is greatly diminished when they are released within days (maybe hours) of the content they are teasing.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse here though. The game is still fun and I want to attempt to stay positive about it. I'll chalk it up to growing pains with a new content delivery method.

Sometimes being critical isn't so bad, I'm sure the DH read GAF and maybe that means they are taking some of this in. I can't always praise games I enjoy, got to bring out the bad too. Sometimes "well it could be worse" isn't a good enough reason for me to just accept when something is obviously handled poorly.

Pretty much agree with everything you said 100%.

The biggest annoyance for me is they're just way too damn secretive about stuff they don't need to be secretive about. They've obviously known for a while that Spinal wouldn't release until late in January so I don't understand why they couldn't tell us that a few weeks ago.

I mean, aside from the three screenshots, we've known almost nothing about Spinal until today when they actually started talking about him for the first time.

I'd just like to see a little more transparency in the future. If Fulgore isn't going to make it until late in March then just let us know that instead of stringing us along telling us how awesome the streams are going to be when you have absolutely no intention of showing or even talking about stuff (like they did last week). That's all I really want them to improve on.

.la1n

Last week's stream truly was something. Not in a good way. That was just as much Microsoft as it was Double Helix screwing that up too.

daman824

Last week's stream truly was something. Not in a good way. That was just as much Microsoft as it was Double Helix screwing that up too.
At least they seemed to have realized their mistake. They completely opened the floodgates on spinal information. They were also pretty open on a lot of things such as future characters. They told us how riptor would play if they made him (which they will for the second season).

Also, it's pretty cool to know that we are probably going to get some sort of a character reveal in the fulgore teaser. And they pretty much confirmed what a lot of people were thinking. They are aiming for 3 seasons and 24 characters. Each with their own stage and music.

At least they seemed to have realized their mistake. They completely opened the floodgates on spinal information. They were also pretty open on a lot of things such as future characters. They told us how riptor would play if they made him (which they will for the second season).

Also, it's pretty cool to know that we are probably going to get some sort of a character reveal in the fulgore teaser. And they pretty much confirmed what a lot of people were thinking. They are aiming for 3 seasons and 24 characters. Each with their own stage and music.

3 seasons? That's awesome, though they're gonna have to make a lot of new characters. What was the quote, exactly?

daman824

3 seasons? That's awesome, though they're gonna have to make a lot of new characters. What was the quote, exactly?
Someone asked them to specifically state how many characters and seasons they either were planning on or wanted to have (they probably weren't satisfied with the whole "we'll continue as long as it's successful"). And one of the guys said "three seasons which would mean 24 characters". That's not the exact quote, but he said 3 seasons and 24 characters. Which makes sense, that makes a full $60 game. And yes, they also said future seasons would include new, double helix created characters. They said they have quite a few crazy ideas already.

They also said that certian characters would be changed up quite a bit if they were brought to KI3. Specifically kim wu and tusk. Since the whole time travel thing is no longer canon, Tusk would be a bit different (it sounds like they already have a design in mind for him).

malfcn

Using a cert as an excuse is bad..especially when the last patch created more problems.

I just ranked up to the same rank I already had before the match. And the next match I can't rank up now.

Someone asked them to specifically state how many characters and seasons they either were planning on or wanted to have (they probably weren't satisfied with the whole "we'll continue as long as it's successful"). And one of the guys said "three seasons which would mean 24 characters". That's not the exact quote, but he said 3 seasons and 24 characters. Which makes sense, that makes a full $60 game. And yes, they also said future seasons would include new, double helix created characters. They said they have quite a few crazy ideas already.

They also said that certian characters would be changed up quite a bit if they were brought to KI3. Specifically kim wu and tusk. Since the whole time travel thing is no longer canon, Tusk would be a bit different (it sounds like they already have a design in mind for him).

Nice. I'm certainly down for it as I've loved what they've done so far. It's only one character, but Sadira is great and can't wait to see what other new characters they can do.

VariantX

So if you paid $60 today, assuming there is a $60 level to buy in at, you get all future characters?

So if you paid $60 today, assuming there is a $60 level to buy in at, you get all future characters?

There are only $20 and $40 packs right now.

$20 gets you all the characters, stages and other basic stuff.

$40 gets you extra accessories, classic characters, a copy of the original KI port and other bonuses.

I'm guessing that each season will have a similar structure when they eventually release. $20 for the basic stuff, $40 if you want all the extra flair. So basically you'll have to buy into each season every year until they stop making them.

malfcn

Uh. Wtf.

I try a grab on wakeup and I get punished.
I DP on wake up and I get grabbed.

The shit is that.

And the 4th time now I have achieved the same rank. -_-
And the 5th time..
And the 6th time.. finally Ladder Climber.

Durock

Uh. Wtf.

I try a grab on wakeup and I get punished.
I DP on wake up and I get grabbed.

The shit is that.

And the 4th time now I have achieved the same rank. -_-
And the 5th time..
And the 6th time.. finally Ladder Climber.

Were you fighting opponents at a much lower Rank than you? If so, I believe it will prevent you from Ranking up. In a similar scenario, if you are set to lose Rank but lose to player at a much higher Rank, your Rank will remain the same.

Guys, did the latest update a while bak get rid of the sharpening filter in KI?

I remember max xommenting on it, but I never got to see the game in person since then.

Top Bottom