• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DrDogg

I can't be the only one who every time this thread is updated hopes its Spinal footage?

I've barely touched the game over the last few weeks and have no desire to play until Spinal is available.

Combination of controller frustration and rage quitting.

derFeef

I can't remember, was Spinal a quarter-cirlce character?

Also, soon.

10598645443_154e11033b_o.gif

I'm pretty surprised they haven't even announced when they're going to reveal him. I really hope they just surprise us with a reveal trailer and "download tomorrow!" at the end

derFeef

I honestly think we already have him on the system :) I swear I heard a maniacal laugh yesterday coming from my turned off Xbox..

RT17

Banned
I still haven't played this game yet because I haven't been able to get hold of an arcade stick - they are sold out everywhere. I'm worried that if I play the game with the controller, I won't enjoy it. :(

derFeef

I still haven't played this game yet because I haven't been able to get hold of an arcade stick - they are sold out everywhere. I'm worried that if I play the game with the controller, I won't enjoy it. :(

Now having a stick, it's actually not bad in comparison. The buttons were the most significant change to me.
WHy not give it a shot, it's free and with Sabrewulf right now, which is perfect for controller usage imo.

.la1n

I've barely touched the game over the last few weeks and have no desire to play until Spinal is available.

Combination of controller frustration and rage quitting.

Hopefully that RQ / DC update comes this week if nothing else. Controller frustration? Thought you had a fight stick?

Delt31

Last thursdays stream was SUPER WEAK considering they confirmed it would be awesome. I would expect big things for this weeks stream.

.la1n

Last thursdays stream was SUPER WEAK considering they confirmed it would be awesome. I would expect big things for this weeks stream.

I wouldn't expect too much, it's just the Microsoft guys. I enjoy hearing them talk and watching their matches but I learned a while back not to build myself up over the weekly stream.

Managed to get myself up to a rank 9 (Challenger maybe?). Any higher ups willing to help me get over my current skill roadblock? If so, my GT: WM Enordash

Had some great matches with you a few nights ago. I was playing Sadira and couldn't beat your Jago. Kept dropping my moves that night, I really need to get a fightstick. Looking forward to playing against you sometime again.

DrDogg

Hopefully that RQ / DC update comes this week if nothing else. Controller frustration? Thought you had a fight stick?

I have a stick now, but the month I spent being frustrated every day and losing a tournament because I was stuck on pad really soured my enjoyment of the game.

It used to be that I couldn't wait to get done with work to play. Now I'd rather just play FFXIV until Spinal is available. I still plan on going to SCR and grinding for that, but unless the game is announced for Evo, or I really, really enjoy Spinal, I may not play much until Fulgore is released.

I guess the launch roster impacted my enjoyment of the game as well. Sabrewulf was the only launch character I used regularly in the original games and I'm not a fan of his new play style. I also used Thunder, but I'm not a fan of grapplers at all. Spinal was my big main, followed by Combo in KI1, and in KI2 I switched up to Tusk and Kim Wu. Not having any of them doesn't help matters.

bumpkin

How do you program this Cronus thing? I haven't tried it yet as I'm unsure it's been programmed correctly.
This was the guide I followed:

http://youtu.be/GNGnXGSOads

The main FYI that I encountered is during the step where you first plug in an XB1 pad to authorize the Cronus, make sure you press something/anything on the pad before unplugging it to plug in the stick or pad you configured.

.la1n

I have a stick now, but the month I spent being frustrated every day and losing a tournament because I was stuck on pad really soured my enjoyment of the game.

It used to be that I couldn't wait to get done with work to play. Now I'd rather just play FFXIV until Spinal is available. I still plan on going to SCR and grinding for that, but unless the game is announced for Evo, or I really, really enjoy Spinal, I may not play much until Fulgore is released.

I guess the launch roster impacted my enjoyment of the game as well. Sabrewulf was the only launch character I used regularly in the original games and I'm not a fan of his new play style. I also used Thunder, but I'm not a fan of grapplers at all. Spinal was my big main, followed by Combo in KI1, and in KI2 I switched up to Tusk and Kim Wu. Not having any of them doesn't help matters.

Makes sense to me, my go to in the original was always Cinder and obviously he isn't getting represented any time in the near future. Next up would have been Glacius but they completely destroyed that character for me with the art direction. Here's hoping for a season 2.

I finally decided to take this online, and I've been having a good time. I'm just playing Thunder right now, and I'm doing better than I thought I would so far online. I've had some really close games, some bad losses, and some great wins. I'll have to figure out a way to put some of my matches on Youtube.

A couple of asides, one of the players I fought was named "KILLER INSTINCT", and was sporting the Rare icon. He was rank 9, I believe. I have a sneaking suspicion that this fellow had a part in making this game, or perhaps old Rare games. Or maybe he's just a big Rare fan. In any case, he had a tricky Sabrewulf.

Also, I encountered a terrible audio glitch during a match. At least, something that sounded like an audio glitch. This'll require a bit of explanation: I played against a Glacius on Orchid's stage, and managed to sneak a victory, I activated my Ultra and did my ultra ender. Now, on Orchid's stage activating your Ultra makes a building in the background blow up. I did my ultra ender RIGHT as the building was about to explode, and the result was an explosion of what sounded like microphone feedback. I thought my opponent had raged, but after watching a replay of my match that horrible explosion of sound is still there! I'm halfway tempted to also post this on Youtube but people's speakers and ears will probably be destroyed.

Enordash

Had some great matches with you a few nights ago. I was playing Sadira and couldn't beat your Jago. Kept dropping my moves that night, I really need to get a fightstick. Looking forward to playing against you sometime again.

Yea, great games. I'm trying to learn Thunder, but I had absolutely no idea what to do against your Sadira. Thunder seems to have a couple rather difficult matches (Glacius/Sadira/crazy-runaway-Jago). I would like to get back together soon and learn more about it. I also tend to accidentally try Jago combos with Thunder and end things way too early as you probably saw a couple times. Hopefully I get the hang of him sooner or later. Need to watch Valle play him more I suppose.

malfcn

Tonight is not my night. Losing like 6 in a row because nothing is going my way. Had a match where I did a DP and it hit them, and it did no damage. (Thunder).

That toon is pissing me off. When I do a breaker it comes out only when he counters. Also, every damn time I counter they lock themselves out somehow. Everything is wrong right now. /venting.

.la1n

Audio glitches seem to be popping up more frequently with every patch. Online performance also seems to be diminishing with every patch. Hope both are addressed because they are the two things the game had going for it above all else. Online performance should be key because the game is so online centric, I was so impressed they nailed it out of the gate but with every update/patch I run into more and more matches plagued with the familiar fighting game lag fest.

Blu10

Audio glitches seem to be popping up more frequently with every patch. Online performance also seems to be diminishing with every patch. Hope both are addressed because they are the two things the game had going for it above all else. Online performance should be key because the game is so online centric, I was so impressed they nailed it out of the gate but with every update/patch I run into more and more matches plagued with the familiar fighting game lag fest.

So online I haven't noticed any lag other than when I was downloading a 13g update, but I did notice an audio hiccup when I would cancel an ultra...it would up the volume about 10 decibels for that roar.

biRdy

If only when I jumped to this thread for the 4th time today it had Spinal footage......

Edit:
I'm sure i'll disappoint people when they see this post on a new page

derFeef

Anyone else wish this would be an option for Sadira's head/face? I do think hair looks bad in this game so I would prefer that ;)

killer_instinct_sadira_header.jpg

PS: Where is Spinal?

Top Bottom