• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

hwalker84

I'm kinda new to the KI community but I just got done with a ranked match that I won but I went down a whole rank. Where I was suppose to rank up. Has anyone else had this problem??? I'm pretty frustrated at this.

I had a match last night where I ranked up to rank 9 won the match then had to rank up to 9 again.

all this talk about rankings glitches, delays in characters and balancing issues is making me want to wait to get an xbone since this is the only game i'm interested in. MS should fund DH better so they can put together an appropriate game. its reminding me of the playstation all stars issues/super bot :(

hwalker84

all this talk about rankings glitches, delays in characters and balancing issues is making me want to wait to get an xbone since this is the only game i'm interested in. MS should fund DH better so they can put together an appropriate game. its reminding me of the playstation all stars issues/super bot :(

Honestly have no issues with balance and neither do most people that understand the game. Its not a character delay until Spinal passes January and he's not in our hands. Ranking glitches are extremely rare. Game is phenomenal!!

P.S. I still don't think Spinal's making it this week.

I'm kinda new to the KI community but I just got done with a ranked match that I won but I went down a whole rank. Where I was suppose to rank up. Has anyone else had this problem??? I'm pretty frustrated at this.

ranks are messed up for me too, I would recommend playing social games until they fix it. there should be a patch coming soon, but I don't know what soon means

I have not had any ranking glitches in my 2 months playing so far, and the game is very well balanced IMO, I have not questioned the balance in The game once since playing. I honestly feel this is one of the more balanced fighting games in a really long time, I see no advantages any character has over another, strategy wins you fights, not unbalanced characters or fighting engine.

As an example, I had major balance issues with Mortal Kombat, even though I absolutely love the game, the character balance in that game is awful, KI is in a totally different league.

hwalker84

I have not had any ranking glitches in my 2 months playing so far, and the game is very well balanced IMO, I have not questioned the balance in The game once since playing. I honestly feel this is one of the more balanced fighting games in a really long time, I see no advantages any character has over another, strategy wins you fights, not unbalanced characters or fighting engine.

As an example, I had major balance issues with Mortal Kombat, even though I absolutely love the game, the character balance in that game is awful, KI is in a totally different league.

I must also state that was the only ranking issue I've had since the game launched.

.la1n

So what we know right now is there will be a spinal gameplay trailer this week before the stream so before Thursday, maybe. Spinal will come this week sometime we think and there might be other things updated with his release. Don't know when they will be this week or what it includes. Professionalism everywhere.

Get hype guys. Don't know when to get hype though, maybe tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure. Just guess.

Sdoots

Finally got an Xbox One and I'm loving KI. Quick question since I'm thinking about getting the Ultra Edition: Do I still have to buy any of the costumes and accessories (even future, unreleased ones under the Season One banner) through earning KP? Or will I only need to worry about getting KP for Training Mode Background/Audio themes and profile titles if I get Ultra?

And glad to hear about the ChronusMax working well Dreams-Visions. I've got a couple of Madcatz and Hori sticks and pads that I'd like to keep using for the time being.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but if it helps, I bought the Ultra Edition and it gave me exactly what it said it would. In terms of content in the KI Store, anything that isn't premium remained locked for me to earn. For example, I still had to get 100 fight titles to unlock Jago's Tiger Mask, and then spend the KP points to use it., I still had to spend 5000 KP for the second announcer, and I still had to meet whatever the requirements were to unlock the other colors for various characters.

Ultra gave me all the characters, the currently available retro costumes, the premium set of accessories available for each character at the moment, Killer Instinct Classic, and that was it. I still had to unlock stages, even. You aren't getting a free ride for spending money, if that's what you are thinking.

Another round of registration confirmations is coming early next week, with promo codes coming right after.

EDIT: You can follow me on Twitter for more info on the KI Pin Ultimate Edition.

Followed you on Twitter and also sent a tweet. I registered my Pin Ultimate edition but got an email saying it failed to register a week or two ago. Re-registered but never got a confirmation email. I completed the January challenge so I'm hoping I still get the Combo Breaker pin for free.

Gamertag: EteRnal PAL

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but if it helps, I bought the Ultra Edition and it gave me exactly what it said it would. In terms of content in the KI Store, anything that isn't premium remained locked for me to earn. For example, I still had to get 100 fight titles to unlock Jago's Tiger Mask, and then spend the KP points to use it., I still had to spend 5000 KP for the second announcer, and I still had to meet whatever the requirements were to unlock the other colors for various characters.

Ultra gave me all the characters, the currently available retro costumes, the premium set of accessories available for each character at the moment, Killer Instinct Classic, and that was it. I still had to unlock stages, even. You aren't getting a free ride for spending money, if that's what you are thinking.

Thanks, that basically answered my question. Was going to mostly spend KP on the Killer Cuts tracks for training music, which isn't included in Ultra anyway, so no biggie.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hm, I played online for my first time in the New Year yesterday... most of my KI play has been local VS matches lately. But I went online with 2 silly ideas:
  • Lets play ,y Thunder Main, which I've avoided playing for WEEKS!
  • Lets play characters I don't focus on in ranks VS Lower-level people!
It actually worked out really well for me. I rose from Rank 7 to 9, and even matches where I did dumb things like playing Jagotron (I don't profess to be a Jago player at all, lol) turned out well.

I did feel the online had more elements of stuttering to me than last time I played, however. I was seeing more Roll-back-ish stuff after a while, but it still wasn't as jarring as the mess I experienced in early SFxT or SFIII Online edition.

It's still a hassle to GG's people on XB1, but I like bumping into decent people who just play the game for enjoyable competition, rather than getting violently salty about losses and wins. You can lose SO FAST by taking obvious counter-breaker bait in KI, that I almost feel bad for laying OBVIOUS traps for people, and then beating them down while you KNOW they're thinking "WHY did I even DO that?!?"

So, Powerstar Golf got it's big update last Friday, Crimson Dragon got it's big multiplayer and Insane Difficulty Update today... sounds like a good time for XB1 Downloadable games to get sizable updates. Spinal, you're up next!

.la1n

It's to the point where I don't believe a single thing they tell us when it comes to this game. Terrible communication. I'll believe it when I see it.

I have expressed at great length how to improve communication with the community. We will see how the next few months go. As for Spinal this week, I feel confident about it even if we don't have a particular date.

hwalker84

I have expressed at great length how to improve communication with the community. We will see how the next few months go. As for Spinal this week, I feel confident about it even if we don't have a particular date.

Only 4 more days left and not a peep.

Followed you on Twitter and also sent a tweet. I registered my Pin Ultimate edition but got an email saying it failed to register a week or two ago. Re-registered but never got a confirmation email. I completed the January challenge so I'm hoping I still get the Combo Breaker pin for free.

Gamertag: EteRnal PAL

Exactly the same for me. Registered on launch no problem. Got the failed registration email a couple weeks ago, reregistrated online a couple of weeks ago and it said registration complete..No confirmations of anything to this point. Completed the challenge. it shows the game as part of my account (add ons). I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed out of the pin and the whole reason I bought the damn Pin Edition..It shouldn't be this sloppy.

.la1n

Only 4 more days left and not a peep.

I wouldn't expect an announcement until the day he is available, trailer will probably come same day as well. Would be neat to see the game play trailer early this week ahead of his actual release but it didn't sound like that was going to happen in the last stream. It would, however, be a welcome surprise.

I wouldn't expect an announcement until the day he is available, trailer will probably come same day as well. Would be neat to see the game play trailer early this week ahead of his actual release but it didn't sound like that was going to happen in the last stream. It would, however, be a welcome surprise.

Yea I'm fully expecting a trailer to come out of nowhere with "SPINAL AVAILABLE NOW" at the end.

btags

Played a match against Max tonight, lost horribly, and then realized my shame was being broadcasted to thousands of subscribers...but I got to play against MAX!!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The XBOX Twitch stream for the week had it's schedule listed: http://playxbla.com/this-weeks-twitchtv-schedule/

Tuesday, January 28th
-Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One) Onslaught DLC – 11:00 am PST – 12 pm PST
Join Vulcan as she plays the first DLC pack to hit Call of Duty: Ghosts. Have the DLC and want to join in on the fun? Send her a message over Xbox Live and she may send an invite in return.

-World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition (Beta) 2:00 pm PST – 3:00 pm PST
Rukizzel takes you through vehicular mayhem in World of Tanks, and will be looking for beta participants to join alongside him.

Wednesday, January 29th
-Crimson Dragon – 2:00 pm PST – 3:00 pm PST
Take to the skies of Draco as rukizzel hosts a multiplayer session of Crimson Dragon, trying to tackle as many missions on Insane difficulty as time will allow.

Thursday, January 30th
-Ascend: Hand of Kul – 11:00 am PST – 12:00 pm PST
Join us as we take on the current event in Ascend, Legions of Light.

-Killer Instinct – 2:00 pm PST – 3:00 pm PST
Will Dan Fornace ever get a win against the community? Probably not, but this is your chance to challenge some of the people who helped create Killer Instinct.

Friday, January 31st
-Happy Wars – 11:00 am PST – 12:00 pm PST
Xbox Tart takes her skills to the Happy Wars battlefield. Join in on the fun if you dare.

Everything but KI is pretty informative about checking out the latest updates, DLC, events, etc... I don't think it means too much of anything, except that anything THEY'LL be playing, we'll most likely be able to play WITH them at the same time, as shown with the other events.

Powerstar's Update came out on a Friday, Crimson's on a Monday Morning... KI's hitting mid week? *shrug*

Sdoots

The wait for Spinal is killing me, and I've only had the game for a week or so. I can only imagine how hard it is for those of you who have been playing since release.

On the bright side, at least everything points towards the wait looking like it'll be absolutely worthwhile.

.la1n

I was never a big Spinal player so really my excitement is more about playing against Spinal in matches and that other people are getting a character I know they love. My KI go to was always Cinder and we wouldn't see him until a Season 2 if we get one.

hwalker84

I was never a big Spinal player so really my excitement is more about playing against Spinal in matches and that other people are getting a character I know they love. My KI go to was always Cinder and we wouldn't see him until a Season 2 if we get one.

It sounds like season 2 is full steam ahead from the last stream.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The wait for Spinal is killing me, and I've only had the game for a week or so. I can only imagine how hard it is for those of you who have been playing since release.

On the bright side, at least everything points towards the wait looking like it'll be absolutely worthwhile.

Think about those who main fulgore :(

Sdoots

Think about those who main fulgore :(

I'm among them, that's part of why I didn't bring it up actually. It just makes it hurt more.
Spinal was my alt, too.

I will say that not having either of them around has made me try others, which I am grateful for. I enjoy Jago quite a lot more than I thought I would. People have called me a cheater over that instinct many times now in ranked.

Speaking of which, since it seems like a lot of you are higher ranked, you'd not be seeing this, but you may want to know: ragequits are happening at low ranks too. Highest I got was Free so far, and the match that would have gotten me past that was a ragequitter. Tons of button mashers and frees quit as soon as I get a 15 hit combo going or do a Counter Breaker, it's nuts. Game mechanics scare people.

hwalker84

Spinal has to make it this month. If he misses the month by even a day, DHG will have a massive uprising on its hands.

Double Helix
We're sorry to inform you that the patch has had issues with certification and Spinal will miss January even though that makes absolutely no sense and is no reason for why we cannot still show him to you. Now that we feed you that load of crap here's 3 more screenshots you don't give a shit about!

Top Bottom