• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

histopher

Anyone else wish this would be an option for Sadira's head/face? I do think hair looks bad in this game so I would prefer that ;)

killer_instinct_sadira_header.jpg

PS: Where is Spinal?

God no shes ugly. Thats mortal kombat quality facial modelling

T.O.P

Banned
Got to level 17, higher so far....and it's pretty hard to keep a steady rank, respect for the 30+ i saw yesterday lol

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........Spinal tonight?

.la1n

Anyone else wish this would be an option for Sadira's head/face? I do think hair looks bad in this game so I would prefer that ;)

killer_instinct_sadira_header.jpg

PS: Where is Spinal?

Yes would have been a better choice. Also, let's be real here this is not "Sadira's follower" like DH tried to say after we got the new design. It's simply the old design for her before they decided to change it up before the final reveal. I also agree that it's the better design because DH still does not have a grasp on how to properly model hair which is unfortunate considering we are now well into the next generation of hardware and other developers managed to get it right during the PS2 era.

Sdoots

Yes would have been a better choice. Also, let's be real here this is not "Sadira's follower" like DH tried to say after we got the new design. It's simply the old design for her before they decided to change it up before the final reveal. I also agree that it's the better design because DH still does not have a grasp on how to properly model hair which is unfortunate considering we are now well into the next generation of hardware and other developers managed to get it right during the PS2 era.

Wow, I honestly didn't even realize the design had changed until it was just now pointed out, and now I'm kind of dissapointed. It really did look better like that.

So everything came in the mail yesterday, minus the stick.

This game is everything I thought it'd be. I haven't had this much fun with a fighter in ages. I feel like I'm learning when I lose, and each victory is rewarding.

I do have some questions, though. I've been playing as Jago mostly, and his Ultra input, as far as I can tell, is a Tiger Fury motion and then the three punches, or, as the dojo lesson said, the left bumper. The dojo lesson also mentioned I'm only able to perform the Ultra when I see the opponent drop into a "Danger" state. Regardless, everytime I try performing the Ultra, Jago just does a Tiger Fury. Am I missing something here? Do I need a stock of my Shadow Meter or something? Does it need to be midcombo outside of the dojo? Am I completely misreading that input?

My other question is one I'm fairly certain I already know the answer to. When I'm in the middle of a combo, sometimes there will be a sudden noise and my combo just drops. With Jago, this is accompanied with him holding his sword out in front of him, and with Glacius, he has a few spikes starting to come out of his chest.

My guess is, I'm getting mashy and the game is punishing me, but I'd like some confirmation on the subject. Anyone here able to enlighten me?

T.O.P

Banned
My other question is one I'm fairly certain I already know the answer to. When I'm in the middle of a combo, sometimes there will be a sudden noise and my combo just drops. With Jago, this is accompanied with him holding his sword out in front of him, and with Glacius, he has a few spikes starting to come out of his chest.

My guess is, I'm getting mashy and the game is punishing me, but I'd like some confirmation on the subject. Anyone here able to enlighten me?

you're pressing MP+MK at the same time while doing a combo, that's the input to have a counter breaker on your opponent (dude wants to break your combo and he'll do combo breaker, if you're expecting this, pressing MP+MK will stop your combo and absorb his combo breaker a.k.a. counter breaker wich will make you extend your combo)

Sdoots

you're pressing MP+MK at the same time while doing a combo, that's the input to have a counter breaker on your opponent (dude wants to break your combo and he'll do combo breaker, if you're expecting this, pressing MP+MK will stop your combo and absorb his combo breaker a.k.a. counter breaker wich will make you extend your combo)

Hahaha, I was wondering what was making that happen. It was cool, but the part where I didn't intend for it really cut the potential badassery down. Good to know that's how to do it, then.

So I AM getting mashy. I'm hoping a stick will help me with that, thanks to having more precise button placement and such, but it'll be a bit before I can make that happen.

hwalker84

I do have some questions, though. I've been playing as Jago mostly, and his Ultra input, as far as I can tell, is a Tiger Fury motion and then the three punches, or, as the dojo lesson said, the left bumper. The dojo lesson also mentioned I'm only able to perform the Ultra when I see the opponent drop into a "Danger" state. Regardless, everytime I try performing the Ultra, Jago just does a Tiger Fury. Am I missing something here? Do I need a stock of my Shadow Meter or something? Does it need to be midcombo outside of the dojo? Am I completely misreading that input?

It has to be done during a combo. Opener > Ultra Input

Nori Chan

If there was any truth to Ultra edition owners getting characters early then we will see him today or tomorrow. If not then he should be out next week since all pack owners are to receive him in January.
Not a serious question, just letting the time pass by and hoping other users freak out when they see new posts in the thread lol

hwalker84

If there was any truth to Ultra edition owners getting characters early then we will see him today or tomorrow. If not then he should be out next week since all pack owners are to receive him in January.

That's if Ultra edition's are getting him a week early. Early could mean 2 days before. Microsoft needs to work on its communication with fans unless its Double Helix.

.la1n

That's if Ultra edition's are getting him a week early. Early could mean 2 days before. Microsoft needs to work on its communication with fans unless its Double Helix.

I think it's most likely a mixture of both. Double Helix isn't used to communicating with fans because honestly we never cared about any of their games before and Microsoft is Microsoft so they are naturally terrible at handling the public.

hwalker84

I think it's most likely a mixture of both. Double Helix isn't used to communicating with fans because honestly we never cared about any of their games before and Microsoft is Microsoft so they are naturally terrible at handling the public.

Yep. Hell just say "You will hear about Spinal on "Blank"" That's all it takes.

Banned
Knock knock!

Who's there?

Not Spinal

I'd imagine we'll see a combo reel tonight and then the character release for Ultra edition owners on the 30th with everyone else getting him in Feb.

I need him soon as my Jago play is getting really exposed.

.la1n

Yep. Hell just say "You will hear about Spinal on "Blank"" That's all it takes.

Teasing characters when we were leading up to the launch of the game is a standard practice and understandable. Getting no concrete information on characters we have already paid for post release is another issue altogether. It doesn't build hype, it only gives off the impression to people who have purchased the product that you are not capable of setting deadlines for yourself on delivering content. Seeing how things are handled going forward will directly impact whether I buy into this type of service again. There isn't really a valid excuse as to why it's currently January 23rd and we still have no idea when Spinal will be delivered or how his release will be handled for Ultra pack owners who supposedly bought into an early access program.

Teasing characters when we were leading up to the launch of the game is a standard practice and understandable. Getting no concrete information on characters we have already paid for post release is another issue altogether. It doesn't build hype, it only gives off the impression to people who have purchased the product that you are not capable of setting deadlines for yourself on delivering content. Seeing how things are handled going forward will directly impact whether I buy into this type of service again. There isn't really a valid excuse as to why it's currently January 23rd and we still have no idea when Spinal will be delivered or how his release will be handled for Ultra pack owners who supposedly bought into an early access program.

Yea it's becoming frustrating, and I'm expecting a delayed release at this point :/

hwalker84

Completely agree.

Yea it's becoming frustrating, and I'm expecting a delayed release at this point :/
Yep same here.

derFeef

Agree - DH/MS should be:
image.php

DrDogg

Audio glitches seem to be popping up more frequently with every patch. Online performance also seems to be diminishing with every patch. Hope both are addressed because they are the two things the game had going for it above all else. Online performance should be key because the game is so online centric, I was so impressed they nailed it out of the gate but with every update/patch I run into more and more matches plagued with the familiar fighting game lag fest.

I've definitely noticed a hit in the online performance. I can no longer break Shadow Linkers. No matter what I do, I get the yellow lockout for missed timing. I can back out and go immediately into Training mode and hit them 100%. This didn't used to be the case at all, but no one else will acknowledge the change. So frustrating...!

Ranking up is crazy. On stream it was Grimmz? And he was like 50-3 and could not get past level 40.

Is there anything above rank 40? I think the titles only go up to rank 40, so I wasn't sure anything was beyond that at this point.

derFeef

I have audio glitches all the time during online play. It would be kinda neat to see where the people are located when you get matched against them. Hopefully they can improve on that as the netcode itself seems to be a solid foundation.

.la1n

I've definitely noticed a hit in the online performance. I can no longer break Shadow Linkers. No matter what I do, I get the yellow lockout for missed timing. I can back out and go immediately into Training mode and hit them 100%. This didn't used to be the case at all, but no one else will acknowledge the change. So frustrating...!

Most of the usual streamers have noticed it and made comments. Videos have been posted and complaints are all over twitter. Once again we run into the usual silent treatment, nobody acknowledges the problem or let's anyone know if it's being worked on. Normally I would just shrug this stuff off but not when we are discussing a game that from the beginning of development has been touted as an online fighter. A game that you should purchase because you want to play online. Not my words of course, this was the development team telling us this.

hwalker84

Most of the usual streamers have noticed it and made comments. Videos have been posted and complaints are all over twitter. Once again we run into the usual silent treatment, nobody acknowledges the problem or let's anyone know if it's being worked on. Normally I would just shrug this stuff off but not when we are discussing a game that from the beginning of development has been touted as an online fighter. A game that you should purchase because you want to play online. Not my words of course, this was the development team telling us this.

No excuse in 2014 to not have a consistent dialog with your customers with Facebook and Twiiter. Microsoft and Double Helix are just bad at it. Really bad. Spinal is like The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 bad.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Penny Arcade shirts look like something from Zazzle or Cafepress. That's... alright, and I kind of like the button layout idea on the top image. But would definitely prefer something more interesting. Like a specific shirt for each character, with some original / concept art.

And it's worth mentioning that the 3 Spinal pics from last week have now reached the Community Meld on the XB1.

derFeef

Hmm anyone else noting weird glitches offline/survival ? Camera weirdly shaking, audio also cutting out, combos cutting off as if it's running online sometimes.

.la1n

Expectation: Killer Cuts coming in March - Spinal Reveal - Classic Sabrewulf skin

Reality: *crickets*

HA like the Microsoft stream would ever be good enough to give us crickets :p

edit: ...and the stream hasn't even started and they confirmed we won't see Spinal today so do not bother tuning in guys. What a joke.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
no spinal confirmed

xbox: And I can confirm, NO Spinal today, BUT - we'll have some Spinal related goodness for you next week.

that almost sounds like he's not making january

because next week is when he's supposed to be out

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LE02.jpg

The safest way to watch KI Twitch TV streaming.

I'd rather they just dump him into the game before showing him off, anyway. Then let the masses know with trailers and stuff.

bumpkin

no spinal confirmed

xbox: And I can confirm, NO Spinal today, BUT - we'll have some Spinal related goodness for you next week.

that almost sounds like he's not making january

because next week is when he's supposed to be out
I'm not surprised but seriously come the fuck on!

Top Bottom